N-Europe

Bomb Rush Cyberpunk

Ashley

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

This release crept up on me. It's out now and seems to be getting good reviews.

May swing by Game tomorrow and see if its there.

I was just looking to see if there's a physical release for Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, it looks like there isn't, at the moment.

For a game which costs just under £35 I'd have thought a physical release would be something the developer would want to persue.

I believe the game will also be coming out for other formats, a couple of weeks after the Steam and Switch release, though still digital only, it would seem.

This game would surely sell well as a physical release, either general, or limited, so hopefully a publisher has a deal lined up, and are just waiting to announce it.

The game looks like the unofficial Jet Set Radio "sequel" which fans have surely wanted for a long time.

• Like 1

Exactly, it's an easy sell as a physical game for £35, assuming that the game has as much content as the trailers and hype allude to.

My thoughts on the lack of a physical release... "This is most disturbing" ;)

If it's to only be a digital title though... I'd pay £25 for it.

The developer needs to "Understand the concept of love" for physical games. :peace:

I'm sure they do though, and that there will be a boxed copy of some description, hopefully a collector's set for anyone that likes stuff, and a more widespread game on a card, in a box release for those of us who really want to buy the game, but will likely resist until the last moment, just in case.

Either way, if they aren't planning a release, it'd be better to just say so, but I think the demand will be strong for this title, it's just money left on the table at this point. ::shrug:

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

bombrushcyberfunkphysicalswitchreleasebanner.620x0.webp

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk gets physical Switch release

Now up on the main page.

You can pre-order a general physical version of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk over at iam8bit.com

Retail release will ship December 5th, Exclusive version is Q4 2023.

- - - - -

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Did anyone pick this up?

It caught my eye for £19.99 on Argos the other day so I decided to order it to give it a go. It's currently about £23 on eShop (sale ends tomorrow) and I was tempted to go that route but kinda feeling like I want the security of being able to sell it on if it doesn't quite click 😅

It hasn't arrived yet but should be with me early next week!

11 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Did anyone pick this up?

So, I almost did. But in what is probably the most petty reason for me to change my mind, I decided against it because of the characters they added that were inspired by Lethal League.

Oh no, Lethal League is great! I was very much looking forward to it, but they decided not to include Latch, so why even bother?
Because the game would be better with a skateboarding alligator, and you all know it.