NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Pokémon Presents - August 8th, 2pm GMT

The last one was the first time we got no reveal of any new game in these, don't let me down this time, man!

Expect Sca/Vi DLC updates, possibly a release date for the first batch, maybe some Detective Pikachu Returns, and loads of updates to mobile game guff. Going in with any more ambitious dreams then that is futile. Especially new mainline games, because they're not gonna reveal a new mainline entry when Gen 9 DLC is still yet to be released.

Of course, that won't stop me from hoping and praying for other things.

• For the love of Arceus and his ridiculous stat spread, give me anything Mystery Dungeon related. Remake, new game, don't care! I've been itching to play Explorers of Sky again, and it'd be nice to know whether I should dive in or hold off! We're due one at this point.
  • Game Boy Pokémon games on NSO would be nice, but honestly? If they can't get Transfer Pak support with Stadium working, then I'd rather they just didn't bother and skip Gen 1 and 2, and release FireRed/LeafGreen instead. It's still the best way to play Gen 1.
  • Of course, there's always the possibility of releasing a completely different spin-off. Which I'd be fine with if it's not free-to-play. Which, unfortunately, is a bit of a coin flip these days with Pokémon spin-off's.
  • Thanks 2

We’re getting pretty close to that time of the year where Nintendo need to announce something to get people to re-sub to NSO once again…

Classic Pokemon games on NSO would certainly do the trick ;)

10 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Classic Pokemon games on NSO would certainly do the trick ;)

Hey You Pikachu, surely

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Pokémon Conquest remake!

Yes!

8 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Hey You Pikachu, surely

If only the Switch had a microphone...

2 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

blah... r-...ranger... rangers...

I know :(

pokemon-comfort.gif

There, there. I feel ya.

In this era where Pokémon spin-offs have a 50% chance of being free-to-play rubbish, I'll take anything that has an actual price.

• Sad 1

pokemonpresents08082023banner.620x0.webp

Pokémon Presents 08.08.2023 to be shown on Tuesday 8th August

Now up on the main page.

N-Europe will have the usual roundup on the main page, shortly after the presentation has aired.

- - - - -

Not really sure what I expect going into this, but it's a meaty one, so hopefully that means there's a fair bit to chew on here. Or just 35 minutes of apologising for Scarlet & Violet running how they do, who knows?

To save going over already announced things that we expect to turn up, I'll just focus on potential new announcements:

• still don't think the main series GB and GBA games are coming to NSO, firstly because of the whole cloud save thing, but secondly (and probably more importantly) because of the silly amount of money they would make with individual releases on the eShop instead.

I could see the GB games shadow dropping with Gen I tomorrow and Gen II announced for October or something, with Gen III/GBA titles kicking things off next year with Ruby, Sapphire, and then a staggered release for Emerald (because it's superior thanks to the Battle Frontier and they'd be silly to release them all at once with that in mind). I feel like business logic would be that FireRed and LeafGreen cannabilise sales for RBGY, but I agree with @Glen-i and know we've both been asking for the Gen III Kanto journey to be re-released for a few years now, so...please? 

I think the absolute best case with these GB/GBA games tomorrow is for Gen I (RBGY) to shadow drop, Gen II (GSC) to be announced for later this year, and Gen III (RSE and FRLG) to be announced for 2024. More realistically I think you get that and FRLG just not talked about until next year after sales for the GB games have waned. 

• yeah, just give me Explorers of Sky DX already you cowards. I'm in the mood to replay that game too. Hurry up. 

Pokémon TCG Live to be made available through Nintendo Switch Online subscriptions, it just makes too much sense. I know Yu-Gi-Oh has been doing great as of late, so I can't believe they haven't done this yet to be honest. 

• I could see them doing something with Trozei/Link? I'm not sure what but it seems like a game suited for Switch, could see that getting a new entry or collection, or even an online VS type of thing along the lines of the 99 games. 

• a new spin-off which is a farming game. A Pokémon farming game would destroy every other farming game. Even more so if there's a multiplayer component. Co-developed by Square Enix because they seem to have a farming game fetish going on as of late. 

a return to Johto, either in Let's Go or Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl form, I don't know if I mind I just miss those vibes. If it's the latter, I pray it's just been given more time this go around, and I think the latter is my preference simple because I feel the completely overpowered EXP solution in that game fixes the glaring level scaling issues that Johto has had in its previous releases. Maybe you tack this onto the back of the Gen II re-release news? 

And I think that'll do it, along with updates on what we already know about is on the way or updates on existing games. I don't think we see anything related to a Gen V remake or Legends entry here, honestly after the messy way they handled Gen IV, just let that cook :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

I could see them doing something with Trozei/Link? I'm not sure what but it seems like a game suited for Switch, could see that getting a new entry or collection, or even an online VS type of thing along the lines of the 99 games. 

Hate to bust your bubble here. But Genius Sonority, the developer of Trozei, are the ones who do Café Remix, so for all intents and purposes, that is the new Trozei, and it still gets updates today.

That series was one of the spin-offs that got sent to Mobile shadow realm.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Sad 1

Spoiler

The mayor did it.

Why else would they a) show him and b) give him a daughter that's in college with the protagonist 

Pokémon TCG and Pokémon Stadium 2 coming to NSO "shortly after this presentation"

That was the emptiest 35 minutes I've experienced in a long time. I don't know how they do it, but they manage to say so little about so few things in a not insignificant amount of time in the most lifeless ways devoid of all emotion and imagination. 

Much like most of their 3D main series games, ahem

But also wth is this

Spoiler

::shrug:

Edited by Julius

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Wow Fucking Nothing GIF - Wow Fucking Nothing Nothing GIFs

Honestly, could've been a bunch of tweets and the DLC and Detective Pikachu trailer thrown onto YouTube. Not for the first time, either. 

Paldean Winds, the web series from WIT, was the only real worthwhile new announcement as far as I can see here, and even that could've been a tweet or just a trailer on their channel ::shrug:

Yeah it was very nothing, particularly from the gaming side. Especially if you discount the customary new gizmos for Unite, Cafe and Go. 

pokemonpresents08082023banner.620x0.webp

Pokémon Presents 08.08.2023 Roundup

Formatted press release, and a link to the video.

- - - - -

Yay for online-enabled Pokémon Trading Card Game.  :peace:

(and the mini-games from Pokémon Stadium 2, of course) ;)

• Thanks 1

At least Detective Pikachu looks like it'll be decent, shame they haven't ported the first game to Switch alongside it.

Pretty painful presentation though, what was the significance of the shoes during the Pokémon GO section? They lingered on them for ages 

4 hours ago, killthenet said:

Pretty painful presentation though, what was the significance of the shoes during the Pokémon GO section? They lingered on them for ages 

I honestly thought it was gonna be an advert for some sort of newfangled PokeShoes.

Was left thoroughly disappointed!

Edited by Dcubed

8 hours ago, killthenet said:

Each pair represented a different pair of games (based on colour or symbols) and you put them on to go out and catch Pokémon. 

It did linger on for bloody ages though.

Sign in to follow this