NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (25th January 2024)

Just announced during the Capcom Showcase, the trilogy includes Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice.

The trilogy is coming to Switch, PlayStation, Xbox and PC. 

TAKE THAT! Court is back in session with Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy!

Featuring three games- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice - join Apollo Justice on his journey to bring order to the courts and bring an end to the dark age of the law!

Arriving early 2024. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

About damn time.

Considering how much Capcom love to port and milk their older games, it's surprising that it has taken this long to get proper ports of AA5 & AA6!

Reminder that this releases on Thursday. But the real reason for the bump? Digital Foundry doing a tech review of the trilogy!

Didn't see that one coming :laughing: but love it, certainly some of the best in the biz

Bit of an odd one for them to review really.  I mean... it's exactly what you'd expect, no glaring issues to speak of.  Looks and runs exactly as you would expect.

The 16:9 cropping is unfortunate, but also expected.  Shame that there's no option to just use the original aspect ratio.

I will say though that the presentation is really going to be missing something without the stereoscopic 3D effect.

Edited by Dcubed

21 minutes ago, Julius said:

Reminder that this releases on Thursday. But the real reason for the bump? Digital Foundry doing a tech review of the trilogy!

Didn't see that one coming :laughing: but love it, certainly some of the best in the biz

I'll be getting it but I'll wait until a sale.

26 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I will say though that the presentation is really going to be missing something without the stereoscopic 3D effect.

Here's hoping that Capcom release a 3D version for PC then, huh?

• Thanks 1

I got the Phoenix Wright trilogy off the 3DS eShop years ago but never got far into the first one. I enjoy a point-and-click as much as the next person, but I dunno, for whatever reason PW didn't capture me. Would prefer to give it another go some time before potentially continuing with the series. Remember there being a huge buzz around these games back in the DS days. 

19 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I got the Phoenix Wright trilogy off the 3DS eShop years ago but never got far into the first one. I enjoy a point-and-click as much as the next person, but I dunno, for whatever reason PW didn't capture me. Would prefer to give it another go some time before potentially continuing with the series. Remember there being a huge buzz around these games back in the DS days. 

Ace Attorney is one of my favourite series. It's just a lot of fun, great characters, art and interesting stories/cases. You can probably get the first trilogy quite cheap at the moment in a sale and I'd definitely recommend giving it another shot.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Ace Attorney is one of my favourite series. It's just a lot of fun, great characters, art and interesting stories/cases. You can probably get the first trilogy quite cheap at the moment in a sale and I'd definitely recommend giving it another shot.

I'd be hesitant to doubledip. Thanks for the endorsement, though. It's the sort of kick up the jacksy I need to get me back on it to see what transpires after that malarky with the pink haired bird. 

21 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I'd be hesitant to doubledip. Thanks for the endorsement, though. It's the sort of kick up the jacksy I need to get me back on it to see what transpires after that malarky with the pink haired bird. 

You wouldn't like my double dipping then :p I think I've bought the original trilogy on DS, PC, Switch, PS4, iOS and possibly Android 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

You wouldn't like my double dipping then :p I think I've bought the original trilogy on DS, PC, Switch, PS4, iOS and possibly Android 😂

Haha, more like sextuple dipping. You need the GBA carts in your Ace Attorney shrine.

21 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Haha, more like sextuple dipping. You need the GBA carts in your Ace Attorney shrine.

If I remember right I did consider it at one point!

I remember the disappointment when teller first Apollo Justice game came out and it didn’t star Phoenix Wright.  Then it came out and it proved to be a worthy game in the Ace Attorney series!  I really enjoyed the story in the first one, and it’s good to see the DS games getting the chance to be played by more.  
While I still think the original trilogy were the strongest in the series, these were excellent, and the fan service in the extra content of Spirit of Justice was a nice surprise.

I wonder if we’ll ever get the Mikes Edgeworth spin-off games at some point?  Probably the weaker entries, but having played the first one it’s by no means a bad game.

Hopefully this is all to increase the audience for the AA series and that they have a brand new title in development.

37 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

I wonder if we’ll ever get the Mikes Edgeworth spin-off games at some point?  Probably the weaker entries, but having played the first one it’s by no means a bad game.

The second, Japanese only one is very, very good. Naturally, I had to play a fan translation, but it was great.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this