NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Persona 3 Reload (2nd February 2024)

Let's pretend this wasn't leaked to oblivion :p

Your story begins again. Memento Mori.

Awaken the depths of your heart in Persona 3 Reload, the genre-defining RPG now reborn for modern consoles. Coming to Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PC in early 2024!

Looks like Xbox and Atlus are once again doing the weirdly ambiguous paid-for advertising where they pretend it's not on anything else. Got to imagine PlayStation is a lock too, but curious to see if this is coming to Switch? I haven't read much on whether or not the re-releases were successful on Switch (even if I'd bet they were), so ::shrug:

Anyone want to shout up about money-hatting weirdness here? Please? 

Edited by Julius

Not surprisingly this has been confirmed for PS4, PS5 and Steam as well now. So far still not for Switch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Not surprisingly this has been confirmed for PS4, PS5 and Steam as well now.

Thanks, I'll add those tags :peace:

So far still not for Switch.

I wonder if they're going to artificially produce some double dipping here? Seeing as they got 5 Royal on Switch I can't imagine what would get in the way of 3 Reload making it over, but I could definitely see them delaying a Switch version for 6-12 months for business reasons. 

Atlus can be weird, but guess we'll have to wait and see :p

How predictable… Atlus avoiding a Switch release again…

Did Nintendo kick their dog or something?

Edited by Dcubed

Gameplay featuring the first look (listen?) of the English VA has been released at Anime Expo, and sounds great!

Seriously, please don't release too close to VII Rebirth...

We have a new trailer and a release date: 2nd February 2024!

...meaning this drops one day after Granblue Fantasy Relink.

gordon-ramsay-wtf.gif

Anyways, they also dropped the new battle theme:

And the box art looks mighty fine:

F4Mq5QOaEAIETjM?format=jpg&name=orig

Edited by Julius

Trailer from tonight's TGAs:

Best trailer yet, I think. Finally get a taste for the gameplay loop and a better sense of the vibe and characters!

Edited by Julius

Posted (edited)

Opening movie (linking the Japanese version to avoid the age restriction):

Yep, that's a Persona opening alright :p visually looks fantastic, but, well, could anything ever compare to 5's opening with Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There

The answer is a resounding "no", by the way :laughing:

Edited by Julius

We've got the final round of previews:

And an interview:

Crazy to me how quietly the run-in to this game seems to be going, and because of this I expect the conversation at launch to be relatively short but positive as other games come into focus on the horizon, but I guess that's simply the price you pay when you release when they've chosen ::shrug: 

I've got my preorder in on the PSN. Been quite a few years since I played 3 and even that was only the Portable version which was missing a lot so I'm looking forward to playing a more complete version.

Reviews are up and they're looking good: currently at 90 on OpenCritic and 89 on Metacritic. 

Two 90ish rated JRPGs dropped in the space of a week by SEGA, and they've still got Metaphor up their sleeve for later on in the year. 

The Year of the JRPG has started real good! 

Looks really good as expected. I'm probably more excited for this than FFVII Rebirth at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Julius said:

The Year of the JRPG has started real good! 

Not just JRPGs either.

Persona 3, Like a Dragon, Prince of Persia, Tekken 8, Granblue Fantasy, Another Code....its not even Feb and these games are on my purchase list.

The only way I will get through the games I want to play is to quit work. Ah, that's the dream. Crazy to think that I had two weeks off over Christmas, played a stupid amount of games but barely made a dent. Stupid adult life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not just JRPGs either.

Persona 3, Like a Dragon, Prince of Persia, Tekken 8, Granblue Fantasy, Another Code....its not even Feb and these games are on my purchase list.

What do you mean? Those are all JRPGs! 

32.gif

:p

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The only way I will get through the games I want to play is to quit work. Ah, that's the dream. Crazy to think that I had two weeks off over Christmas, played a stupid amount of games but barely made a dent. Stupid adult life.

You're right though, the sheer volume of quality releases we've got now is stupid – and the crazy thing is, of the games you've listed, all of those were on radars before the year even started.

We haven't even got to that point in the year where someone looks back and realises something slipped under the radar - "oh, wait, we all missed that indie!" - which is inevitable, and I don't think we'll realise it's happened until March at this point, because Feb looks pretty unrelenting, too.

I'm trying to keep a closer eye on indies this year and have seen two release in the last week alone which look like they might be worth some time, and my Steam wishlist is packed with indie goodness already on my radar for release this year, or of games released last year on Steam which might see console releases this year. It's simply nuts. 

Great time to be playing games; terrible time to be playing all of them. If nothing else it gets us to make the hard choices...which is why I've spent January replaying two games and fallen in love with them all over again/for the first time :laughing: and we haven't even mentioned existing backlogs! :shakehead

I'd like to say that I hope it's a quiet summer, which it is at the moment...out of us simply not knowing what's coming. It seems like everyone will have their first major event of the year out of the way by the end of Feb, so we should have a clearer picture of how this year is going to shake out by then, at least ::shrug:

• Like 1

Multiple pieces of DLC planned, including The Answer epilogue from 3 FES. 

Disappointing, but not unexpected – after the Portable and FES stuff was reported as being left out, it seemed like DLC/an enhanced edition was inevitable. It's a lot of video game as it is, so it's hard to complain, but man, SEGA are really trying to piss people off and milk them for all that they're worth in increasingly frustrating ways. 

Guess 3 Reload is going to be slipping to the back of the list of new games I want to get this year until we get some clarity on when this is dropping, but with Metaphor also arriving towards the end of the year... I wouldn't be shocked if I either pick it up and play it knowing I'll never get to the additional content when it releases, or just wait until 2025 ::shrug:

It's January – why are we already needing to make these calls?! 

Edited by Julius

Yeah, not surprised in the slightest. Makes it easier for people to wait for a complete edition to pop up somewhere down the road.

Think I saw a reddit post today saying that Atlus confirmed there will be no new Royal or Golden like release down the line, this will be it for Reload. Now that could still mean a complete release with the dlc could come but at the moment that's what they are saying.

And there it is: the existence of The Answer has been datamined and seems to be part of an upcoming Persona 3 Reload Expansion Pass. 

Very curious on the release timing of this, if it's coming this year my instinct would be to say it's a summer announcement with a release in autumn...but Metaphor ReFantazio is scheduled for an autumn release, so maybe it's announced and dropped in the summer? 

With 1 million units sold in its first week, Persona 3 is the fastest selling game in Atlus history:

Obviously the asterisk here is that it's the first mainline Persona to have a simultaneous release worldwide, but still: damn. 

SEGA going two for two critically and commercially with both Infinite Wealth and 3 Reload, while releasing them just one week apart, is one hell of a feat.

The Year of the JRPG indeed :D

I ended up starting this today. Loving it. The start of the game is very strong. Not as strong as Persona 5's but certainly tighter/faster than Persona 4's. 

Really liking the characters I've seen so far. Junpei seems to be this game's equivalent of Yosuke or Ryuji. I'm also fond of the traversal. There's not much in terms of walking around a map and that suits me perfectly. Just fast travelling around the various places gets a thumbs up by me.

Currently in Tartarus just farming money and experience. Doing my best to hit Shuffle Time so that I can get that sweet 50% HP heal without spending SP. I'm also on the lookout for Twilight Fragments to repair the clock at the entrance of the dungeon. They must be rare as I've only found the 1 and I need 7!

I swear this series is one of best when it comes to style and presentation. 

GJ72bykWkAAhyXo?format=jpg&name=large

GJ72burXUAAWwB-?format=jpg&name=large

GJ72ejjWgAAncVq?format=jpg&name=large

GJ72Ip6WEAAZtk7?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I swear this series is one of best when it comes to style and presentation. 

Hell, why limit it to Persona? Atlus RPG's in general have super stylish menus! SMT, Radiant Historia, Tokyo Mirage Sessions. They're masters of that craft!

Reached level 22 in Tartarus and then hit a roadblock. I was wondering if there was a point I would hit where I couldn't go any further. Clearly I need to move the story forward.

I managed to farm the Twilight Fragments needed for the clock that heals everyone. I used them only to find its a one off thing! You have to keep inserting fragments if you want to heal again. Thankfully I saved before doing this and so reloaded my save so that I didn't waste them. Guess I will use them on all the treasure chests that I skipped. 

My team is currently level 13. This will no doubt bite me in the butt when other characters join the party as they will no doubt be under levelled in comparison.

Sign in to follow this