Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Is Today The Day?

mike-zim

Heh. I can't really understand this stuff about "wow" graphics. To be honest, Twilight Princess, I wasn't all that amazed at the graphics. The 360 isn't that impressive either. Graphics just aren't something that make me say "wow". More like "Heh, pretty good".

Reminds me of my friend, who everytime he sees, is playing or is talking about a game, he says "Woah, look at the graphics at that!". I think he ignores me whenever I say "Whatever, graphics don't make it that great". I don't think he likes my DS because of the graphics. He thinks Xbox 360 is amazing because of the graphics. Urgh, I would easily accept GC Graphics on the Revolution to be honest, though a lot of people won't.

Once it's fun to play, I'll like it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. I can't really understand this stuff about "wow" graphics. To be honest, Twilight Princess, I wasn't all that amazed at the graphics. The 360 isn't that impressive either. Graphics just aren't something that make me say "wow". More like "Heh, pretty good".

Reminds me of my friend, who everytime he sees, is playing or is talking about a game, he says "Woah, look at the graphics at that!". I think he ignores me whenever I say "Whatever, graphics don't make it that great". I don't think he likes my DS because of the graphics. He thinks Xbox 360 is amazing because of the graphics. Urgh, I would easily accept GC Graphics on the Revolution to be honest, though a lot of people won't.

Once it's fun to play, I'll like it.

I have to say I agree with you there, I don't seem to see good graphics, I only seem to see awful graphics. When I first got Halo 2 my brother was saying the graphics were amazing and I wasn't bothered about them at really, I didn't think they were that great, although undoubtely they are. It's only when I go back to games with not as good graphics that I notice them not being as good. As long as the Revolution can match Halo 2 graphic's and perhaps a little bit better I'll be happy. I'm not buying the Revolution for graphics, I'm buying it for the innovation. I'll never buy a console for graphics alone.

i think the graphics issue is not really how we think, but the sometimes silly attitudes Nintendo can have. i cant remember it was either Iwata or Miyamoto but they said that Twilight Princess looked as good as next-gen games. i don't care how you feel about how good the graphics on the x360 is, but TP does in no way compare visually to a game like Project Gotham 3.

im no graphics whore and i dont care if we dont get high end, and i dont care about the lack of HD, its just that Nintendo sometimes make silly statements like that which could mean they have overexagered other things they have said.

i don't care how you feel about how good the graphics on the x360 is, but TP does in no way compare visually to a game like Project Gotham 3.

true true.

but i think that nintendo have a slightly different 'defintion' of good graphics.

when they talk about nintendo making "adult" games they talk about Zelda being an adult game - alot of our ideas of a "adult" game would more like something with blood, guns and sex in it.

when they say that TP will have 'next gen' visuals i think they are taking atmosphere (produced by the graphics) and art style into consideration.

PG3 has class graphics (much better than TP) but they are generic. same usual racing-game graphics just better than the last time. whereas TP has weaker graphics but more style.

i think PG3 graphics are way better but id sure as hell much prefer to play TP!!!

cant wait for that damn game!!! :D

i'm sure the GFX on the rev will be far better than Halo 2 (not that i'm bothered btw). But i do know that the GFX on the ps3 GTA will make all the casual gamers drool.... that game alone will make the ps3 a strong fav in the next gen war (sadly)

I do get amazed at graphics. But not at poly count, hi res textures and whatnot, but at beauty and art direction. Take Eternal Darkness, the models aren't very good, but the effects, the architecture, everything is just so beautiful that it makes me go wow. The same with Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, etc... TP creates this effect not because of the pretty graphics (and they are really good), but because everything is well put together and just seems right.

Reggie listened to us all carefully, assessing our responses, until he was asked what Nintendo's plans for E3 were.

"It's a challenge," he admitted. The booths are laid out and designed now, although he didn't give specifics. But they are prepared to give playable demos of Nintendo's next-generation console, the Revolution. The innovative controllers will be secrued against theft, and the monitor-mounted technology that lets gamers point at images onscreen will be shielded so that attendees won't accidentally set off events on their neighbors' screens. I think it's safe to say that they've also thought of how to control the enormous lines of eager gamers, too.

Fils-Aime also hyped the motion-sensing functionality of the Revolution controller. "Swing it, chop it, move it any way, and it happens on the screen," he boasted. Fils-Aime also assured listeners, however, that the Revolution controller "can be used more traditionally" with the help of a "cradle" designed to look like a traditional controller.

As far as third-party Revolution support goes, Fils-Aime mentioned a sextet of companies working on games for the console: Sega, Square-Enix, Namco, Ubisoft, and Electronic Arts. When queried by an audience member about how the difference between the Revolution and the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 could present development problems, the executive brushed it off. "We believe driving different content will appeal to a broader audience," he responded.

"With the free-hand controller that we've shown, there will be an unparalleled level of play," he said and suggested that he brought the hardware with him. "We have the capability to show it to people here during the next two days if those opportunities come up."

I just get troubled about that response about ports, it's like they don't even want them. And yay for playable rev at E3

EDIT: Sorry about double posting, didn't notice that. : peace:

To all those diappointed by the lack of news, let me say this:

If you get your hopes up because some magazine said this or some rumour mentioned that, then you're just asking for disappointment. It's far better to go on what Nintendo say.

Nintendo never said they would reveal Revolution info at DICE. They didn't.

Nintendo have said they will reveal Revolution info at E3. So wait until then.