NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (29th February 2024)

Destined for Rebirth trailer (banger of a trailer for just 1 minute):

That lil One Winged Angel tease at the start before transitioning into the battle theme :bowdown:

Funnily enough, the video description mentions it's Most Anticipated win at the TGAs last month :laughing:

Join Cloud and his friends on a journey across the planet in search of Sephiroth, experiencing the captivating story and thrilling combat, in FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH.

The highly anticipated new standalone story in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY VIl remake project, winner of Most Anticipated game at The Game Awards, will release on February 29th, 2024 for the PlayStation®5 (PS5) console.

I'm sure Keighley's really feeling himself out there right now, wherever he is :p

Also, new Yuffie key art:

GD4lBhCbAAAYJGY?format=jpg&name=orig

And one for Cait Sith, too:

GD5AjG2bEAA_4PR?format=jpg&name=large

EDIT: my goodness, that Junon shot looks INSANE! 

GD5vLsZawAM70JH?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

There's a Golden Saucer snow globe (or "glitter globe) exclusive to the S-E Store, to be purchased with points only:

I've never wanted a snow globe before now, but this looks awesome :D

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

GI rapid-fire interview with director Naoki Hamaguchi:

Edited by Julius

Oh we recapping baby, that's how you know it's close! 

Just a bit over a month to go! :bouncy:

Doesn't seem worthy of a dedicated thread, but a reminder that a State of Play dedicated to the game is arriving next Tuesday:

Probably going to give it a pass, because I'm in already and we're so close now, and it sounds like it'll cover the recent press event...but also, what's this about "exciting news you won't want to miss"? 

Edited by Julius

Demo has been spotted on the backend:

And Rebirth is set to weigh in at a whopping 145 GB: 

Just 4 weeks to go folks :D

The game's review embargo is set to end on 22nd Feb at 09:00 ET (that's 14:00 GMT), a full week before the game's release. The game is also now in the hands of critics/journalists. 

Seems like they're pretty confident, huh? Which is good, because I can't wait :D

Trophy list has leaked: 

Nothing too major to glean from what I've seen someone else say, other than telling us what the max level is and how many chapters there are, but it might be time to get those spoiler filters ready if that's how you plan on rolling, especially with the game in the hands of reviewers. 

endgame-doctor-strange.gif

To no-one's surprise: the demo expected to drop following the game's dedicated trailer has been confirmed by the trailer showing up on the PS Store a day early. 

PSN confirms thata Final Fantasy
Rebirth demo is coming tomorrow (says it's "out now" but think the trailer was meant for tomorrow)

"..allowing you to step into the shoes of either Cloud or Sephiroth during the Nibelheim episode"

Man, PlayStation reeeeeeeeally need to get a handle on the PS Store before the next Showcase rolls around. 

Important question, then! Who here is going to play the demo, and who plans to wait for the full release? 

Edited by Julius

16 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm not watching the SoP and will probably skip the demo.

Yep, same here. 

We're so close as is, waiting a little longer won't hurt :D

Stuff from the State of Play inbound. 

Demo is live:

Play the FINAL FANTASY VI REBIRTH Demo on PS5. Download from the PlayStation® Store.

The 2nd part of the demo, the Junon area episode, will become playable after an update on 21.02.2024 and can be accessed after completing the Nibelheim episode.

Final trailer, which I'll put in a spoiler tag to save people a potential mis-click, the final trailer for Remake showed *a lot*. Also: thumbnail is a super cool shot probably best saved for first playthroughs. 

Spoiler

The gameplay video shared:

PS5 immersion trailer:

Some previews have also dropped, including - for the first time that I've seen - a...music preview, by Alex Moukala on the game's battle theme?! Awesome! 

22 days to go :bouncy:

Edited by Julius

Can't remember the last time I saw something like this: the demo is getting a Performance Mode patch, and these same improvements will carry over to the full game's launch. 

Seeing the impressions come out with the demo it's not hard to see why, seems like the only consistent issue people were reporting was the graphical fidelity in Performance Mode mode. 

Still, this seems worthy of praise for me. S-E is one of the only big publishers still consistently dropping quality demos where they take on feedback, and now they're actually giving them meaningful updates the week before launch? Kudos to them! 

Edited by Julius

IIRC, NioH got the same kind of treatment back with its original demo; so it's not entierly unprecedented.  But yeah, odd move.

Next demo, covering Junon, drops tomorrow:

Edited by Julius

Reviews are starting to drop, and while it's very early on and these numbers will probably come down a little in the coming days as more reviews release, currently sitting at 93 on OpenCritic and 94 on Metacritic! :bouncy:

Obligatory Digital Foundry tech breakdown:

Seven Days till the End [of this nearly four-year wait!] :p

• Like 1

As someone who used to be obsessed with Final Fantasy (particularly those from the PS1 era), it's remarkable how little interest I have in this game. Even though Intergrade was included on Plus Extra I never got more than about an hour in. I did complete Remake but there was just so much padding and exposition; Nomura's influence definitely has had a negative effect on the game. Combined with the whole reimagining of the story, it all just seems a little like daft fan service that lost what actually made the original game great.

Edited by Sheikah

Pre ordered. Am ready. Never finished the original ps1 game.

Thanks to certain things I decided to postpone my final Bachelor's exam to next semester - which means: I'll probably pick up FFVII: Rebirth sooner, rather than later.
Hopefully I can clear my head a bit until launch day, so I can enjoy it early and take part in discussions here :)

Edited by drahkon

Gonna see if I can get a cheap copy after work :D

Rushed through the demo last night so I can get some rewards in the full game because I'm a sucker like that :p

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Gonna see if I can get a cheap copy after work :D

Traded in FFXVI and CoD:MWIII to pick up a copy :peace:

It's installing...I hate waiting :p

• Haha 1

My copy has just arrived :bouncy:

GHgIr74XQAARbM-?format=jpg&name=large

Can't believe today is the day!

Got the install started but got a busy day ahead of me, and then I'll need to round off the end of INTERmission (had a weirdly busy few weeks and played way less lately, go figure :() before I get started on Rebirth.

Thankfully I'm off tomorrow and next week, though, so I imagine I'll be putting a lot of time in over the next few days :D

EDIT: the reversible cover is still *very* much off-centre, as it was with Remake. S-E, WHY?!?! :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Spoiler

There is a card game in this?

Didn't know about that :o Already in love with this game :D

Sign in to follow this