N-Europe

Reading Festival 2006

Schizoid Man

Ok, this is totally ripped off from the Download Fest thread, but I'm rather excited about this year's Carling festival. Muse are pretty much 99% confirmed to headline, which gets me very excited them being the amazing live band they are...Also rumoured are the Secret Machines, who are amazing and I'm seeing them in March, The Strokes, which would be cool, Arctic Monkeys (of course), Franz Ferdinand, and mayyybe, pleease, The Mars Volta. Excellent potential lineup then, and hopefully we'll get some classic bands like we had Iggy and the Stooges and Iron Maiden last year. I plan to be in a stoned haze from Thurday to Sunday, and have a small dosage of magic shrooms, meet lots of new people, get laid, and have a fine fine time. Anyone else planning on going? :smile:

i think besides the mars volta and muse this years festival will be an NME fest, with just an indie overkill, and i am certainly reaching the end of my tether r.e. the non hateage of all this talentless-indie-bangwagon-jumping atm.

that being said, i saw we are scientists today who were great

I went Leeds festival last year and it was great, i spent most of my time in the radio one/NME tent so i would welcome an Indie overkill festival as im not a fan of the heavier stuff...

Im gonna wait and see what over bands are playing before deciding to go or not.

Oh and Tom ive also seen we are scientists before and i agree they are great and infact i get to see them again next friday as they are playing as part of the NME awards tour thing which i have tickets for.

i was at the nme tour last night, monkeys need a slap. theyve gotten to the point where im supprised that their over inflated egos managed to fit into the venue.

the other 3 bands were VERY good though, WAS being possibly the best band ive ever seen live!

anyhow, back onto topic. i'll be going to leeds i think, will probably be a bit of and indie/emo fest but hopefully the friday will have a few great rock acts (current speculation coming up with everything from alice cooper to guns 'n roses, and red hot chilli peppers to smashing pumpkins). I'll look forward to seeing muse there and i would like to see most of the indie/emo acts that will probably play aswell but im hoping that Arctic Monkeys dont play tbh, they apparantly refused 4th on the main stage claiming they wanted to headline it (placing them above the rumoured franz ferdinand and kaiser chiefs)

It was very good, certainly the best instore gig i have been too. It was delayed by an hour, so given your state, i reckon you really woudnt have been happy hough!

Went to a friends and played Pro Evo and ate Oreos instead, all was good.

I doubt the Arctic monkeys would refuse 4th on mainstage. Hell last year they was only in the small carling tent when i saw them.

They will probably Headline the Radio one/NME tent but too many people will wanna see them and the same thing will happen as it did with kasabian last year....Everyone left the mainstage after the Killers had played and tried to squeeze into the tent, i couldnt get in and was about 15 people back from the tent entrance watching kasabian whilst the main stage was pretty empty as the pixies were playing.

I dunno why so many people are now jumping on the we hate arctic monkeys bandwagon, yes they have been well over hyped but thats NME not them. Their album is superb and they are fantastic live! I for one think they are a great new, young band. Im seeing them again next friday as part of the NME tour and looking forward to it.

Reading Festival! Someone asked me if I wanted to go today. Have to get knowledge of my resident legend gig expert Mr Tom as you guys know him. Sounds like a classic gig though are tickets not sold out by now? Oh god just realised this is the gig where 50 cent got bottled. Win!

It's not sold out cos tickets are not on sale yet!

They went on sale for about a week or two after last years reading/leeds but i think you gotta be pretty stupid to buy them then before even knowing what bands are playing.

Tickets probably go on sale sometime in March like they always do. Reading will sell out really quick but you could still probably get leeds tickets into May/june time.

It's not sold out cos tickets are not on sale yet!

They went on sale for about a week or two after last years reading/leeds but i think you gotta be pretty stupid to buy them then before even knowing what bands are playing.

Tickets probably go on sale sometime in March like they always do. Reading will sell out really quick but you could still probably get leeds tickets into May/june time.

Some people do because a) they're sold at that years price, each year the price goes up, b) some people go year after year and c) some people go for the atmosphere/partying/illicit going-ons really

I hate the ebay ticket touts, They are all bastards and i shall not become one.

You could be nice and give it to someone for face value then? Anyway enough of this silly hypothetical sitch.

I think I'd like to go, but im far too much of a prissy bastard to put up with the conditions. Not washing my hair for five days and stuff is just not good.

Thats why you take a hat or buy a cool/silly hat while you are there. Tis what i did :)

Yeah but I'd know. Its not so much about the look, but more about the actual care. Greasy manky hair is not good kids, even if you can't see it.

As I said, im a prissy bastard.

You are arent you!

Although i did see some girls washing their hair... They had shampoo and bottles of water and was helping eachother out.. it kinda worked.

My friend for the whole weekend was by box of baby wipes... them bad boys are like a shower in a tissue. Fresh and clean :)