NEurope
Glen-i

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

I've made a room, join if you like, already got three players. :)

2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I've made a room, join if you like, already got three players. :)

In that case, I'll join. Gimme a sec.

EDIT: 150cc, no CPU's, seeing as there's 6 people

Edited by Glen-i

How long before the room auto closes? I'd best start soon.

Just now, S.C.G said:

How long before the room auto closes? I'd best start soon.

Start now, lost can't make it.

Six of us now, feel free to join. :)

ah ithought you weren't doing it this week. I'll get you next week since i'd feel wierd comming in this late

1 hour ago, martinist said:

ah ithought you weren't doing it this week. I'll get you next week since i'd feel wierd comming in this late

We weren't, but it was a very last minute decision, as I didn't read the forum for most of the day, rushed to get on for Mario Kart at 8pm, started streaming at just before 8pm, and then realised that no one was on, though I told my brother and his wife that we'd be playing, so I made a room, and people started joining, so it all (kind of) worked out.

Don't feel wierd about joining late, I've sometimes joined late AND started the stream late, although not for a while.

Anyway, it'll be good to have a decent turnout next week, so see you then. :)

(this weeks stream highlights coming up in a bit...)

I think I broke ExciteBike arena one lol. 
The previous races seemed fine but being on phone data again it seemed to mess up there. From my end I took off from the line and everyone else just stayed there. I got double coins from the first box and was way out in front before people moved. Then it just went funky at the end and we all did like two victory laps then I got disconnected. I’ll be back to normal next week. 

• Haha 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Nice to see @Ugh first aid racing once again, and doing well too.

That worked out well for this week's races which almost weren't, just as well that my brother and his wife were already planning to join this week, as this meant we had enough players overall, so we were able to get three Grand Prix races in at least.

Next week's theme night should be interesting.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-93891406-d3d2-4292-8b93-fcc6ba841a17-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! (29/06/2023)

Theme night this week!

bYKtNeV.png

Yup, custom items. Been a while since we did this. Here are the items in play tonight.

F0WkaQYagAIcYIi?format=jpg&name=large

You know what are better then items? Triple the items! So that's all there is (Apart from the coin, which is there to prevent the leaders from being too difficult to hit).
Boomerang getting three throws is a happy accident.

See you tonight at 8pm.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Custom items can really mix the race up. Some great close races tonight. They should have added the feature a long time ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The change of items was interesting, but it soon spirals into "how many red shells can I make hit if I space them out enough" unless that's just me? :p

Plenty of well-placed bananas on the tracks too, and the Kalimari Desert race was interesting, as the items seemed to make us late for the train. ;)

Also, what was up with those boomerangs? "No! you're only getting one throw, and not three!" Erm... OK?!? ::shrug:

New tracks next week, should be fun. :D

- - - - -

N-Europe Get Together! (06/07/2023)

• Thanks 1

I'm unreasonably angry at the way @BowserBasher just casually drives by at the end. I've just failed epically, and he has the nerve to drive like a normal person!?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm unreasonably angry at the way @BowserBasher just casually drives by at the end. I've just failed epically, and he has the nerve to drive like a normal person!?

To be fair the only reason I was driving so casually like that was cause I had given up on winning and settled for second only to be greeted with 1st when I crossed the line. 

D5AjjAX.png

Now, don't panic. Let me explain.

If you read the text at the top, you'll notice that the characters are a suggestion. They are not mandatory. If you don't want to use them, that's perfectly fine.

2 months ago, @BowserBasher said he was gonna change his usual setup to fit the theme, I jumped in on that because I missed mandated vehicle setups.
And that's when it hit me to provide "suggested setups". People who enjoy having a set character/vehicle can use what I suggest, but those who would rather stick with what they know can still do so.

Best of both worlds, basically. Anyway, the courses still have to be picked. So no going off script there.

Now, it is a new wave, so expect the room to be more full then it usually is. The room opens at 7:45 pm. Get in early to avoid disappointment!

(Big cheers to @Dcubed for getting the new icons up so quickly! Proper tidy!)

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 4

Good set of new tracks there, looks like a good lot of shortcut opportunities too. 

As always great close racing, and shenanigans throughout.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The new tracks are pretty decent overall, all of the remade tracks from previous console iterations of Mario Kart seem well-made once again, the Tour tracks seem reasonably good, and the new track, while a little chaotic in places, definitely commits to its Bathroom theme.

Daisy Cruiser is the overall highlight, it's great to have another GameCube track available, here's hoping for another GC and DS track for the final two dlc cups.

- - - - -

N-Europe Get Together! (13/07/2023)

REDSHELL IS BACK!!!!

This is not a drill! I repeat! @RedShell IS BACK!!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Well that was a fun night! Great to see the grand return of the Shell Of The Red! :peace:

Here's a few choice clips...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, I picked up 12 months of the online expansion pack recently, so I am indeed back. :hehe:

But pretty rusty… :heh: Mario Kart Tour has destroyed my ability at proper Mario Kart! :laughing: 

Anyway, great to join you guys for this once again, was really good fun. :cool:

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Welcome back @RedShell good to race with you again. :D

- - - - -

N-Europe Get Together! (20/07/2023)

• Thanks 1

Great to have you back @RedShell, guess you'll be joining us on a Saturday for Smash too?

Anyway funnies from me. Everyone laugh at @Glen-i in the first clip.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1