NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Final Fantasy XVI (22nd June 2023)

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I take it the game has arrived?

It has.
I used my last 60 minutes of work to let it install (I literally didn't do anything else but wait :p) and now I'm on holiday for 2 1/2 weeks. Time to play the crap out if it :D

Decided to load up my demo file because it was still quite fresh in my mind. I've been blown away by it and remember pretty much all that happened. Fair to say: My muscle memory kicked in immediately and I had no trouble getting back in the groove.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I do think in 16 they already didn't explain some aspects of the world as well as they should have because they knew people could just read up on it using that.

Fair enough. I do like me some reading, though :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I think it's great but I do hope if it did get used more it doesn't become a crutch. I do think in 16 they already didn't explain some aspects of the world as well as they should have because they knew people could just read up on it using that.

I've not used it myself. I think the game does a decent enough job to give you what you need to know and for those wanting more they can delve into that.

Spoiler

The narrative has become a little more grounded now. Issues regarding those who bear the mark have arisen and something of the things that have happened to villagers are atrocious. I said yesterday that the mother was a bitch and sadly that remains true.

How cool is Cid? His voice is awesome :cool:

And Torgal...Oh how I've missed Torgal :heart:

Goetz...no words.

Edit: I do have to keep a dictionary at hand, though. The characters use some words that I've never heard before. I guess these don't come up often in everyday speech. Example: Nous. :laughing:

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've not used it myself. I think the game does a decent enough job to give you what you need to know and for those wanting more they can delve into that.

Recent Story Developments (Reveal hidden contents)

The narrative has become a little more grounded now. Issues regarding those who bear the mark have arisen and something of the things that have happened to villagers are atrocious. I said yesterday that the mother was a bitch and sadly that remains true.

Spoiler

I really like the stuff with the bearers in 16. It's very much the opposite of what we usually see in fantasy stories where the magic users are the ones on top in the world. Interesting to see it flipped on it's head.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Bearers (Hide contents)

I really like the stuff with the bearers in 16. It's very much the opposite of what we usually see in fantasy stories where the magic users are the ones on top in the world. Interesting to see it flipped on it's head.

Yeah, it's a nice take on such a story. Brutal though. :cry:

Have to stop for now. :(

Took my time exploring and haven't found much because it's been linear so far :D
I'm completely hooked! I love the world, the characters, the gameplay. Everything is top-notch!

Now it's time for some Christmas shopping, Feuerzangebowle and waffles with friends and then hopefully some more gaming time later tonight.

One thing I appreciated, at least for the first half of the game is that it doesn't overwhelm you wide side quests. You tend to get 1 or 2 new ones pop up after main story missions so I was always happy to get those done before moving onto the next part of the story.

Feuerzangebowle?

16 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

One thing I appreciated, at least for the first half of the game is that it doesn't overwhelm you wide side quests. You tend to get 1 or 2 new ones pop up after main story missions so I was always happy to get those done before moving onto the next part of the story.

The sidequests are certainly one of the games weaknesses. So far they've just been kill or fetch quests. 

56 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Feuerzangebowle?

The sidequests are certainly one of the games weaknesses. So far they've just been kill or fetch quests. 

Yeah the quality of them isn't great. Just make sure if you skip any to still do the ones with a + sign next to them as they're the key items ones.

• Thanks 2

Completely forgot to mention that its great to hear a North East voice in the game. Gav the Geordie, as I now call him, is a welcome voice to my ears. I think the only time I can recall our accent being used in a game was The Order 1886. I know people have problems understanding the Geordie accent but you can't blame us for how badly that game done. :p

I'm back, a little tipsy and ready to play :D

I wish performance mode was locked to 60fps. It's quite jarring at times.

Just now, drahkon said:

I'm back, a little tipsy and ready to play :D

Did you enjoy your Feuerzangebowle?

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

I wish performance mode was locked to 60fps. It's quite jarring at times.

It is locked. Your just drunk. :p How many Clives do you see on screen?

NpAr7pG5Cs3E8Fu_e-7b-WOZ_8k=.gif

• Haha 1

Definitely not locked :p And I'm tipsy, not drunk :D

Man, Cid is badass!

54 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you enjoy your Feuerzangebowle?

Completely missed your question.
Yes I did, it's always fun making and drinking it :)

I also got to see lots of friends again, most of which I haven't seen in over a year.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Beat the shit out of Benedikta :D
What an awesome fight. Torgal the MVP :heart:

If anything happens to Torgal I will break the disc in half.

• Haha 1

Soooo....gonna make a "bold" prediction

Spoiler

The hooded man is Joshua.

Oh and: My goodness, this game's brutal.

Edit²:

Spoiler

OHHHHHHH, so the fight against Benedikta/Garuda isn't over, yet :D

Edited by drahkon

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Theory (Hide contents)

Oh and: My goodness, this game's brutal.

It's Mickey Mouse. Have you not played Kingdom Hearts?

GB03y7iWcAA5-Gm?format=png&name=small

• Haha 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

It's Mickey Mouse. Have you not played Kingdom Hearts?

GB03y7iWcAA5-Gm?format=png&name=small

I have only played the first one :p

17 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Theory (Reveal hidden contents)

Ok, now that there was a flashback:

Spoiler

Guess I'm wrong.
I didn't remember the guy being there in the demo, i.e the first part of the game

:laughing:

Gotta say: Very disappointed with the open areas.

There are no worthwhile rewards for exploration. Only crafting materials of which I haven't used a single one so far.

15 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Gotta say: Very disappointed with the open areas.

There are no worthwhile rewards for exploration. Only crafting materials of which I haven't used a single one so far.

Yup, total waste of space. Its like they were put there purely because they needed some kind of open world in the game to please the market.

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup, total waste of space. Its like they were put there purely because they needed some kind of open world in the game to please the market.

Literally could be talking about any open world game, from where I'm standing.

• Haha 1

Nah, games like Witcher 3 use the open world brilliantly. The entire place feels alive and you stumble across people living their lives, interesting stories etc. It's why I had so much of a problem with Breath of the Wild's open world, because I'd only just played Witcher 3 and it felt empty in comparison.

Sign in to follow this