NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaepora_Gaebora

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase 20/7 @3pm BST

content-4-36299-nintendodirectminipartnershowcasejuly2020roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase July 2020 Roundup

All up on the main site, N-Europe's Roundup of the mini presentation.

Full press release and video embed.

Cadence of Hyrule dlc plus physical version was the highlight for me. :smile:

• Like 1

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin was on the Japanese direct too. I am not sure why it wasn’t in the western directs.

And it got a US release date announced on twitter:

I’m assuming/hoping it’ll get an EU release around the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Surprised and pleased by the Cadence of Hyrule content, will definitely pick up the Skull Kid DLC at the very least.

As for the format itself, if it's going to be a monthly thing, similar length and number of reveals, cool. Any longer between each video and it's pointless.

Well, that was unnecessary.

Chuffed about the Cadence DLC, though. Will get the complete package next year on a sale then.

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

As for the format itself, if it's going to be a monthly thing, similar length and number of reveals, cool. Any longer between each video and it's pointless.

Honestly, I'd much rather they just wait until they have more games to show. What they had to day, at least for me, just felt like too little. @Ganepark32 mentioned what PlayStation did with sharing their trailers the other day for the indies they were showing off, just dropping the trailers at regular intervals that day on Twitter, and honestly something closer to that would have worked for the titles we saw in this Direct Mini. There just wasn't enough to really dig into, and it felt like it had barely even begun before it was over. 

Thing is, I feel like now more than ever their entire audience can appreciate that they might be having difficulties just like everyone else with production and working from home, whether it be recording, compiling and cutting together a Direct, or just having game be delayed. Trying to save face with investors is going to hurt them more than anything, I just wish they'd be more open with what's going on, because otherwise what you end up with is an install base which is (somewhat rightly, at this moment in time) concerned about what will be in stores for them in this second half of the year. It's a bit concerning to me that we might end up knowing the launch lineups for next gen consoles and their release dates before we know what Nintendo has in store for us come September and October. 

And this is from someone who is happy with what they've played on the Switch this year, Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Chronicles were awesome and long experiences which I greatly enjoyed. I think they set the bar really high with their E3 2019 showing too in terms of reveals and announcements (two Smash characters and the BotW sequel is the embodiment of hype) so I do feel that, to some extent, they've made themselves the victims of their own success. 

Nervous if they continue with the Partners Showcase, but we'll have to wait and see. I'd be surprised if we got through to September with a tried and true Direct (or even a more typical Direct Mini), so there's always reason to be optimistic that something will turn up that we're going crazy over sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, I think Nintendo is likely done with major announcements for the rest of the year now.  COVID has completely buggered their development schedule; so this is likely going to be their standard method of operation going forward for the rest of the year.  All that's likely left is Super Mario 3D World DX and Pikmin 3 DX now.

I don't expect any full blown Nintendo Direct for the remainder of 2020.

• Sad 2

Sign in to follow this