NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Smowza

Metroid Prime 3 beam idea

**posted this on Gamespot forums, wonder what u all thought : peace: **

they've already done light and dark beams, flame and ice... whats next??

I reckon one other beam they could make is a cutting beam (like a laser etc). The revo controller would be ideal for this! I imagine fighting one boss where you have to cut key points to make it's armor fall off and reveal it's vulnerable core.... what do you think? :awesome:

That would be extremely sweet. :)

You could use it in the main game too. For example, cutting parts off a locked door in order to proceed past it. Maybe the hinges. Actually, there's a lot of potential for this idea.

Using the wave beam will be amazing anyway. :D

The biggest advance the revo can give to the prime series in my view is the free hand control, getting rid of the slightly overly simple lock-on system.. it would just add more skill and involvment to the game :)

P.S. the cutting beam could also be used as a way to enter more areas, like cutting through a wall etc (if it's made of a certain type of substance maybe)

Thats a very good idea. If its actually in the game you deserve all credit.

I'd like to see a load of new functions with the arm-cannon! They could just do so much!

P.S. the cutting beam could also be used as a way to enter more areas, like cutting through a wall etc (if it's made of a certain type of substance maybe)

You could make it upgradeable, so it can cut through progressively tougher materials, another way of doing the stage unlocking that is traditionally done by obtaining different beam weapons.

great ideas. you could have an xray beam to find weak spots to use the said laser.

Is there a video ANYWHERE of the Metroid Prime 2 demo being played with the Rev controller at E3 2005?

All I've found is the 20 second (or so) video clip of Metroid Prime 3; which by the way has Samus' ship looking and moving REALLY wierd; like a completely new design!

Cutting stalagnits on the roof, that fall down on your opponents.

But what really would be cool is using the laser-whip to grab tables and rocks in the room with an indianajones-style move and then throwing it into the direction of your opponents. Really big things like vehicles throwing must be very funny, then they explode and destroy everything....

Metroid Prime 2 wasn't demoed with the Rev controller at E3, it was at special demonstrations before TGS and in a few press briefings since. No footage of it being played has been made available, so far.

Cutting stalagnits on the roof, that fall down on your opponents.

But what really would be cool is using the laser-whip to grab tables and rocks in the room with an indianajones-style move and then throwing it into the direction of your opponents. Really big things like vehicles throwing must be very funny, then they explode and destroy everything....

That is an awesome idea. Better than the cutting beam, and the cutting beam idea was great aswell!

a bit like in half life 2 but without the gravity then?

Yeah, but using the grapple beam to throw them, like in SSBM! That'd be awesome!

I like both laser ideas. There should defintely have been more use of the grapple beam in both primes. Aswell as that i'd like to see a melee move in Prime 3, or if anything just be able to swing the controller and beat the crap out of enemies close quater. Just an idea.

Good call Lazy... (or not so) So many times have i just wanted to take my Phazon encrusted knuckle (Prime 1) and lamp some little shitster with it. Wouldn't want to hurt the arm cannon of course...

cool idea

i reckon dual wield remote would be great tho, one for the arm cannon the other for grapple beam, i think that it should have a different use as well because the spin attack just made grapple unnecessary. maybe a magnetic pulse or something gadget like

Yeah, but using the grapple beam to throw them, like in SSBM! That'd be aaawesome!

I loved the gravity gun Half-Life 2 and it would fit Metroid Prime so well :smile:

It'd be cool if they used an air pressure gun that could flip really distant switches and push huge boxes out of the way.

A cutting beam would be cool and the upgrades would be to get through doors with harder material instead of all the different kind of beams,good theory and certianly possible

"Ridley, you killed my father"

"Samus, I AM your father"

*suffers serious bronchitis*

It is obvious this contest will not be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with our Cutting Beams.

ummm. jesus...wtf

a cutting BEAM

right

aint that just a LIGHTSABRE!???

how is a cutting beam a lightsabre??? a lightsabre is about 1-1.5m in length , can be used like a sword and can deflect lasers. A beam is infinite in length and cannot be used like a sword or deflect lasers...... anyway, it's just an idea!!! : peace:

how is a cutting beam a lightsabre??? a lightsabre is about 1-1.5m in length , can be used like a sword and can deflect lasers. A beam is infinite in length and cannot be used like a sword or deflect lasers...... anyway, it's just an idea!!! : peace:

There was even a cutting beam in Goldeneye if i remember right. The level where you try and escape from the train with Natalya by cutting through the escape door on the floor.

There was even a cutting beam in Goldeneye if i remember right. The level where you try and escape from the train with Natalya by cutting through the escape door on the floor.

thats right! sly dogs Rare giving a watch a lightsabre ;)

Sign in to follow this