NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

Cartoons of the prophet muhummed, muslims have now gone "LIAR KILLER DEMON".

What sodding machine gun? The worst that's happend so far is when a large group of Muslim men stormed the Danish embassy in Indonesia, threw some eggs and tore down the flag in the lobby. They left when the embassador came down, talked with them, and apologised for the cartoons. It's hardly an orgy of mega-violence.

_41289226_gaza_ap416.jpg

I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

Turning up to complain about the images while carrying a machine gun seems a little strange, other than that, yeah fair enough, be pissed off about it.

It would be if someone went to a protest in London and did that, but not in most countrys in the world. They only fire them into the air! They don't have intention to use them against people.

There's too much media portrail of evil looking people wearing shegmahs over their faces and holding guns. It means nothing at all. The shegmah is comparable to a hoody and the gun comparable to a protest sign.

It would be if someone went to a protest in London and did that, but not in most countrys in the world. They only fire them into the air! They don't have intention to use them against people.

There's too much media portrail of evil looking people wearing shegmahs over their faces and holding guns. It means nothing at all. The shegmah is comparable to a hoody and the gun comparable to a protest sign.

Ah right, my mistake!

_41289226_gaza_ap416.jpg

I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

That's two people, 19.9% of the world are muslims (Thankyou world map in my bedroom for that figure). That's 1 billion people.

I agree about the shegmah thing but a gun cannot be campared to a protest sign. Signs are intended to get across your point of view. A gun is used to hurt/kill. Even if they don't intend to use them to harm 1. we don't know that and 2. they may end up using them for that in the end.

That's two people, 19.9% of the world are muslims (Thankyou world map in my bedroom for that figure). That's 1 billion people.

But I didn't say 76% of all muslims showed up with machine guns, did I?

I was just trying to point out that it's perhaps not the best tactic when trying to show the world that the cartoons were out of order.

But as you've pointed out, it's me who's the mental, not the guys with machine guns.

I agree about the shegmah thing but a gun cannot be campared to a protest sign. Signs are intended to get across your point of view. A gun is used to hurt/kill. Even if they don't intend to use them to harm 1. we don't know that and 2. they may end up using them for that in the end.

That's like saying because I own a kitchen knife, I might kill someone with it. Trust me, the gun is just a symbol of power. It's just a way of showing that they're angry. I'm not saying there's no such thing as people killing other people as a form of protest, but 50% of marches in the middle east will have people at the front of them holding guns and fireing them into the air. It's quite reasonable you thinking the way you are, living in a country where guns are illegal.

But I didn't say 76% of all muslims showed up with machine guns, did I?

I was just trying to point out that it's perhaps not the best tactic when trying to show the world that the cartoons were out of order.

But as you've pointed out, it's me who's the mental, not the guys with machine guns.

Hey, I'm not attacking you personally! I'm just trying to prove you wrong ;)

On the one hand I care.

On the other I don't...

Maybe I'll explain the first hand later.

That's like saying because I own a kitchen knife, I might kill someone with it. Trust me, the gun is just a symbol of power. It's just a way of showing that they're angry. I'm not saying there's no such thing as people killing other people as a form of protest, but 50% of marches in the middle east will have people at the front of them holding guns and fireing them into the air. It's quite reasonable you thinking the way you are, living in a country where guns are illegal.

It's not owning a kitchen knife or gun that's the problem. I personally own many weapons (and would like even more). But I never carry them around. It's carrying them around that may entice you to use it.

Last time I checked a group of youths wearing hoodies covering their faces was quite intimidating, the fact that these hooded gentleman possess the worlds cheapest and shittest machine gun adds to that.

If they aren't out to scare the crap out of the people in that building, then why carry a gun and cover your face. Seriously they're out to cause trouble, if they aren't then I'm Pat Sharp and have a fat 80's mullet.

If they get pissed they get pissed. The only way to make the situation better is to for the right people to say an apology.

It's not owning a kitchen knife or gun that's the problem. I personally own many weapons (and would like even more). But I never carry them around. It's carrying them around that may entice you to use it.

I do understand what you're saying, but you have to realise that it's a different culture, and so, bringing a gun and firing it into the air on a non-violent protest is completely normal.

It's true that it gives us a bad perception of them too, but only because of our culture being so different. I doubt they would carry weapons on marches if they knew it insighted a bad view of them.

From what I hear, the cartoons were pretty crass, portraying Mohammad as a suicide bomber. Lets not forget that the vast majority of Muslims aren't actually insidious underground members for an evil and misleading terroist group. I personally hate the constant accusation that religion is the single greatest cause of people to kill, argue and be intolerant ot each other. Religion is something which helps bring structure and society into peoples lives. I'm willing to bet good hard cash that if there was no such thing as religion, we'd all quite easily find a different excuse for being bitchy to each other.

I agree with what you said completely. :) It's just a pity that whenever anybody hears about religion in the media today, it's usually quite negative.

Some people need to:

1, Lighten up...

2, stop burning flags like retards.

Where do they get these flags from so quickly anyway? Someone annoys radical right-wing muslims and within 20 minutes there's footage of them burning that country's flag. Is there a shop in Palistine which just sells assorted countries flags to burn? Tobego or somewhere should say something blasphemous just to fuck with them and see how fast they can find that flag.

And they're boycotting Danish goods? Isn't their main export bacon anyway, what the hell is that going to achieve?

The cartoons were crap cartoons and their only aim was to be controversial, offend people and put across a bigotted point of view. But the reaction (particularly taking it out on people who had nothing to do with it) is over the top. And just because we don't like something, doesn't mean people should be banned from saying it.

I do understand what you're saying, but you have to realise that it's a different culture, and so, bringing a gun and firing it into the air on a non-violent protest is completely normal.

It's true that it gives us a bad perception of them too, but only because of our culture being so different. I doubt they would carry weapons on marches if they knew it insighted a bad view of them.

I do understand that this is a different culture but (and I'm no expert so correct me if I'm wrong) guns are scary in every culture. It's clear that they aren't using them for friendly purposes and by carrying them show that they are not up for a friendly chat. And I'm pretty sure that they know that carrying guns insights a bad view of them.

P.S: What country was the embassy in? Turkey?

What sodding machine gun? The worst that's happend so far is when a large group of Muslim men stormed the Danish embassy in Indonesia, threw some eggs and tore down the flag in the lobby

I guess that's the right way to protest, I mean they feel offended for a cartoon that wasn't even published in they'r country, but if they trash another country embassy everything will be ok.

They left when the embassador came down, talked with them, and apologised for the cartoons. It's hardly an orgy of mega-violence.

I guess that if he wasn't being pressed by some assholes with machine guns, he would have said the exact same thing thing :heh:

If we where as intolorant to them as they are to us, this would be over very soon, luckly for them them this kind o enquisition crap was over in europe for about 300 years ago.

Where do they get these flags from so quickly anyway? Someone annoys radical right-wing muslims and within 20 minutes there's footage of them burning that country's flag. Is there a shop in Palistine which just sells assorted countries flags to burn? Tobego or somewhere should say something blasphemous just to fuck with them and see how fast they can find that flag.

Hehehe, that made me chuckle. Good stuff ;)

Maybe they have a stash of flags. They patrol the internet searching for things that may slightly offend them so they can blow the whole thing out of proportion. If they have the time to worry this much about one little cartoon then they must have it made.

Why are people so insensitive to make these cartoons anyway? There's nothing actually funny about it...

Sexual Chocolate, you're a fucking **** and deserve to die - can't you take a joke? - doesn't stop it being offensive!

I personally hate the constant accusation that religion is the single greatest cause of people to kill, argue and be intolerant ot each other.

You can hate it but you cant argue it. Religions dont support the notion that everyone is equal. They support the notion that we are right and you are wrong, which in turn breeds contempt and hatred. If its not the greatest cause of violence, its a close second to greed and money.

Or videogames.

You can hate it but you cant argue it. Religions dont support the notion that everyone is equal. They support the notion that we are right and you are wrong, which in turn breeds contempt and hatred. If its not the greatest cause of violence, its a close second to greed and money.

Or videogames.

The problem with that argument is, simply because you are an atheist, you seem to assume you are right and I am wrong.

While I may not condone the publishing of these cartoons, I find the Islamic world's reaction very alarmist and it certainly does very little to aid its image. The burning of Danish flags among other things only re-enforces its extremist and violent image. As a Christian, I experience ridicule of my faith regularly, yet I stay calm, argue my case pleasantly and try to forgive the person for the offense they may have caused me. Difference in opinion is just something I've grown to accept.

The problem with that argument is, simply because you are an atheist, you seem to assume you are right and I am wrong.

Fair enough. Theres a difference between 'atheist' and 'agnostic' though, and i fall into the latter category.

I beg your pardon Bowser, I see the sodding machine guns now.

Don't mention it mate.

Sign in to follow this