NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

Cartoons of the prophet muhummed, muslims have now gone "LIAR KILLER DEMON".

Where do they get these flags from so quickly anyway? Someone annoys radical right-wing muslims and within 20 minutes there's footage of them burning that country's flag. Is there a shop in Palistine which just sells assorted countries flags to burn? Tobego or somewhere should say something blasphemous just to fuck with them and see how fast they can find that flag.

Maybe it's a new Jihad kit they have for recruiting people; you give them an AK, selection of western flags and a phrase books full of useful terms to hand out to the 'infidel'.

While I may not condone the publishing of these cartoons, I find the Islamic world's reaction very alarmist and it certainly does very little to aid its image. The burning of Danish flags among other things only re-enforces its extremist and violent image. As a Christian, I experience ridicule of my faith regularly, yet I stay calm, argue my case pleasantly and try to forgive the person for the offense they may have caused me. Difference in opinion is just something I've grown to accept.
In no way are pictures of a handful of idiots waving AK-47s representative of "the Islamic world".

I for one made this thread not to defend the muslims on if they can or cannot take a joke, but by the sheer hypocricy. the pictures are quite ott, and i know how muslims are and how far they take certain things. but to be perfectly honest. why the fuck dont they go all out like this and take out the fuckin suicide bombers who are giving westeners this image of islam. islam is a peaceful religion, from what i know. but these fuckhead suicide bombers are the ones spoiling it. but then, you go round in circles and end up in america with the blame game.

Don't mention it mate.

Gimmie the name of one person who got shot. Go on. One.

Jack is right, just because a couple of nutters wave a couple of AKs for the camera doesn't make the thousands of protesting muslims across Europe, the Middle east and the rest of the world, violent, dangerous or over reacting. I'm beginning to feel that this whole incident has been quite badly reported. Everyone seems to be going around with images of burning Danish flags and AK47s being waggled in front of EU missionary buildings in their heads. Where are the pictures of the protestors in London, Paris or Berlin?

Furthermore, if Muslims want go out and protest aginst something they find offensive, they can. They do have freedom of speech as well, regardless of whether or not you think they may be over reacting.

Gimmie the name of one person who got shot. Go on. One.

Tell me where I said one person got shot. Go on.

You're all looking at it from such a western viewpoint. You forget that this, to them, is the most insulting thing you could possibly do

One of the most insulting things to me is burning the nation's flag. Im quite patriotic you see and whenever i see someone burning the Union Jack or worse the St Georges cross it angers me! You wanted to come to Britain so love it or leave! i bet that burning of your nations flag angers a lot of people or perhaps not. Peter Schmeichel will not be happy anway.

Where are the pictures of the protestors in London, Paris or Berlin?

I have no pictures but on my way to work there were quite a few protests going on near parliament (there is usually at least 3 a week) one sign read "cut the throats of those who insult islam" people were screaming and shouting some words i do no understand but they sounded pissed off. There was another sign saying "chop the heads off the islam haters"

These people are so nice dont you think ?

I quickly walked passed and smiled at a nice lady police officer.

In no way are pictures of a handful of idiots waving AK-47s representative of "the Islamic world".

Ah ha! He knows the name of the gun; he's a terrorist!

bush_pointing_finger.jpg

Tell me where I said one person got shot. Go on.

Why do keep insinuating that Muslims are involved in violent protest then? It's like your standing next too a huge crowd of peacful protestors, but keep using the one pistol-whipping idiot at the back as evidence of extreme violence in the protest.

Cause they are. No really, they are. I'm not saying nasty things to make people pissed off; they are!

Why do keep insinuating that Muslims are involved in violent protest then? It's like your standing next too a huge crowd of peacful protestors, but keep using the one pistol-whipping idiot at the back as evidence of extreme violence in the protest.

Why do you keep trying to shift the goalposts just because I proved you wrong?

All I did was question showing up to protest about cartoons showing your god as violent while carrying a machine gun.

You're the one suggesting people have been shot, pistol whipped and all.

I said people had showed up with machine guns, you said they hadn't, I showed you proof they had and now you're moaning about what I've insinuated.

I'll put it quite clearly for you...

I said they showed up with machine guns, they did.

What are you finding so difficult to accept?

Why do you keep trying to shift the goalposts just because I proved you wrong?

All I did was question showing up to protest about cartoons showing your god as violent while carrying a machine gun.

You're the one suggesting people have been shot, pistol whipped and all.

I said people had showed up with machine guns, you said they hadn't, I showed you proof they had and now you're moaning about what I've insinuated.

I'll put it quite clearly for you...

I said they showed up with machine guns, they did.

What are you finding so difficult to accept?

I just don't understand what your argument is. When you kept pointing the gunmen out I simply, through some crazy cognitation process, assumed you were trying to make some kind of point.

I just don't understand what your argument is. When you kept pointing the gunmen out I simply, through some crazy cognitation process, assumed you were trying to make some kind of point.

Just that we should nuke the middle-east really.

I saw some footage on the news today of some protests down in London (i think it was..anyway). The nice chappies there had lots of lovely signs saying "death to Europe" and "behead anyone who insults Islam". Yeah, that's a great PR message for the rest of the world, TV cameras rolling and all...

At the end of the day - its a cartoon. Lines on paper. Would we rather live in a 1984 world where everything we say and do is controlled? Im guessing not. With free speech there comes pros and cons - the cons are that people get offended. The pros - we live in a more or less "free" world.

Both sides should apologise, and yes in agreeance with Haver - it was a rather shitty cartoon at that. Jeesh.

I wish there was someone on this board who was both muslim and from somewhere in the middle east. They could tell us we're all wrong and explain eveything. Oh well.

I saw some footage on the news today of some protests down in London (i think it was..anyway). The nice chappies there had lots of lovely signs saying "death to Europe" and "behead anyone who insults Islam". Yeah, that's a great PR message for the rest of the world, TV cameras rolling and all...

Oh bugger, there's always one or two who have to ruin it for everyone. (or every muslim, in this case)

I don't think the papers should apologise because it's free speech.

But free speech is a western value, and not insulting the prophet is a middle eastern value. What makes us right and them wrong?

quick note of PCness: I know that free speech is most often an eastern value too.

But the person who drew the cartoon didn't go to a middle eastern country and draw it. He drew it in a western country in a western paper.

I saw some footage on the news today of some protests down in London (i think it was..anyway). The nice chappies there had lots of lovely signs saying "death to Europe" and "behead anyone who insults Islam". Yeah, that's a great PR message for the rest of the world, TV cameras rolling and all..

Read my previous post, i walked passed them and saw those signs with my own eyes. :mad:

There were protesters by parliament and a lot more protesters outside the Danish Embassy in London.

I have four things to say.

1) Political cartoons are meant to poke fun and arouse debate.

2) Muslims can protest if they like, but the newspaper can hardly un-print it.

3) If anyone nukes anyone, I for one will be very displeased.

4) Why can't we all just get along?

4) Why can't we all just get along?

Because it's "All America's, all of Isreal's and Europe's fault."

...Apparently. Why do some muslims (no racism, my own father is one) have to make a huge deal out of something thats so insignificant to the larger scale of things? Jesus christ, it's a god damn drawing not a Nazi clensing campaign.

Some of them need to sort themselves out before we really do start World War 3.

These people have different mentalities to you and me and many others in this country. They just don't think like we do.

Yeah I sound racist, I'm trying to sound logical though.

Also, do you really think it'll spark a third world war? I hoped we were past that age. I mean, western countries aren't even geographically close to the Middle-East. The main culprits of the other two fracars were. I think at worst it will lead to another iron curtain story, where the west gets suicide bombed every now and then and the other side is infiltrated and turned into an extension of a western company.

You're all looking at it from such a western viewpoint. You forget that this, to them, is the most insulting thing you could possibly do. It's in no way comparable to just taking the piss out of them. Also, you should note that it's not like the entire muslim world has gone mad, it's only a select few protests. If you belive that the French/Dutch papers had the right to publish those cartoons, then surely you should belive the muslims have the right to protest against them.

v.v;; I'm looking at it from a English viewpoint... I don't think the comic was a good idea or anything..... BUT, going up and down the street calling out for many peoples deaths, standing outside embassy's firing guns into the air, storming an embassy and god knows what else is not the way to go about showing your distaste for such comics! You know what I find funny, if I was to go up to someone and give them a death threat within range of a police officer I would be arrested... These guys however are allowed to continue such things because people are SCARED it will cause more trouble in the long run!

How can you pass off what was in London as a peaceful protest? Because they didn't harm anyone? What did they do though? Call for terrorist attacks, murders, violence...... Not exactly too peaceful.

I mean please, someone inform me if I'm wrong, but, was there anything like this scale of protesting when Monty Pythons A Life Of Brian was made? Because that could be seen as so much more offensive then these comics and it's hailed by many as one of the best pieces of comedy ever....

Basically what I am trying to say is, this reaction is WAY over the top. Like I said in my previous post, I don't agree with these cartoons.. They went further then people are ready to accept in the realms of comedy without actually being funny in the first place.. Not really a good combination... Yeah basically, muslims need to calm there reactions to certain things in this world. A drawing printed in a newspaper is not worth a single death like they are proclaiming....... Infact dissagreeing with your religion isn't worth death in general... If they are allowed a faith in one direction then others can have there own in another.. They don't possess the greatest of all religions, it is just another religion that was formed at some point during the lives of humans.. Something created by 1 man/group of men should not be the cause of many deaths..

Oh and one quick thought though...... During the protests in London the guy with the megaphone said something along the lines of "Prophet Mohamed said that those who insult me should die..." 1) Doesn't this go against the whole you should kill thing in Islam? 2) Isn't that a bit odd even if you forget about 1)? I mean telling people to kill in your name is a bit funky for a religious figure......

I'm kinda skepticle about that last thing though..... Seemed really weird.....o.o

Final note, this was posted at 6:44am...... Don't hold thispost against me. =P

There are 2 types of muslims in the world, the normal standard type who just follow the religion, and the fanatic who milks it for all its worth in the hope he is greeted by virgins in heaven with his holyness.

oh and one more thing, saying something bad about muslims isnt racist.

muslims arent a race

Sign in to follow this