N-Europe

Revolution game list

Stabby

In a interview with IGN, Reggie said that alot of info will come at E3, not GDC.

http://media.revolution.ign.com/articles/689/689186/vids_1.html

(It's only the interview with Matt they talk about games, the other interview isn't really worth seeing)

So GDC will probably be about DS and maybe some Zelda.

Btw. i have comment to the games list. Isn't Nibris the publisher of Raid over the river?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OF course E3 will bring the most info and games won't be revealed until E3 anyway. Your right GDC will mostly be about DS and probally some Zelda confirmation. But I can assure you that Nintendo will put out a few little new info bits about the Revolution. “The battle for the hearts and minds and hands of developers started last fall, and it comes to a head at GDC†~Reggie

Ok, let's hope we will get som revo-info at GDC.

It just seems like Nintendo keep pushing it ... i guess they are waiting for Sony to reveal their plans.

BigTac -> Do you have any idea of what Reggie ment by this: "With the free-hand controller that we've shown, there will be an unparalleled level of play"?

Yeah...

I hope that Nintendo'll show a tech demo before E3.

There will be no game footage or sceenshots released before E3.

Nothing real new and interesting but here a few things I discovered recently.

One another note from a developers one the Revolution's processing ppower and abilities. While most developers do wish that Nintendo a little more raw power in the Revolution, they are extremly suprised on how well done the cpu and gpu is. Looking at the specs you won't think it's capable of what you will see one the screen. As you know, from all the patents relating to the Revolution from new shadowing techniques, texturing methods, pre-rendering graphics but allowing the game to react and play like it wa rendered full 3d, and apparently some more. These are all things Nintendo has got in order to maximising propressing power by use tecniques that use less power to pull it off. But one at least one developer (without a dev kit yet) talked about the his team concern on how much AI and physics will the Revolution be able to do compare to the competition. Also Nintendo is working on get 3rd party support for classic titles and also discussing possiblilities of adding independent games. They're maybe some truth to rumors circulating that the top rated demo games made by students at DigiPen IoT may make their way on to the download service.

There will be no game footage or sceenshots released before E3.

Nothing real new and interesting but here a few things I discovered recently.

One another note from a developers one the Revolution's processing ppower and abilities. While most developers do wish that Nintendo a little more raw power in the Revolution, they are extremly suprised on how well done the cpu and gpu is. Looking at the specs you won't think it's capable of what you will see one the screen. As you know, from all the patents relating to the Revolution from new shadowing techniques, texturing methods, pre-rendering graphics but allowing the game to react and play like it wa rendered full 3d, and apparently some more. These are all things Nintendo has got in order to maximising propressing power by use tecniques that use less power to pull it off. But one at least one developer (without a dev kit yet) talked about the his team concern on how much AI and physics will the Revolution be able to do compare to the competition. Also Nintendo is working on get 3rd party support for classic titles and also discussing possiblilities of adding independent games. They're maybe some truth to rumors circulating that the top rated demo games made by students at DigiPen IoT may make their way on to the download service.

Thanx again for that Big Tac. I don't know why people are stressing about specs. Soem people need more faith. I wanted to ask have you seen some of these techniques in action and can you compare the visuals to any videos (XBOX 360, PS3, PC).

: peace:

Why is there so little information about Capcom making games for the Revolution? :red:

It's seems like just yesterday Capcom and Nintendo were best buddies.

Nintendo's relationships change each generation. Now Square Enix is fully supporting the DS while Capcom does the same with the PSP.

2 new Revolution games!!

Cars

http://www.cubed3.com

THQ Bringing Cars to Revolution

Whilst it has already been made clear that THQ is to bring several projects to the Nintendo Revolution, nobody was quite sure what would be created. However, the company has now revealed one game, Cars. The title, based on Disney/Pixar's new CG movie, will hit during the 'launch window'.

Harvest Moon Revolution?

http://www.cubed3.com

Japanese developer Natsume has recently spoken to US gaming network IGN and confirmed that it is currently underway on a project for Nintendo's Revolution console. Whilst no details have been revealed, given the history of its Harvest Moon, a new edition is not out of the question.

Guest Stefkov

Maybe Natsumes game could possibly be along the same lines as Rune Factory (is it, im sure thats the name).

id love a great Harvest Moon game with online play where you can go to a massive online farmers market and you could trade cows and buy maybe foreign plants or crops. also you can do fishing with the FHC, the digging with the hoe, the watering of plants, basic movement with the analogue nunchuk, looking with the FHC, i could explain how all the buttons would work but but i dont think its the place to.

BigTac -> Do you have any idea of what Reggie ment by this: "With the free-hand controller that we've shown, there will be an unparalleled level of play"?

Isn't it totally obvious? :woops:

Anyway Capcom is totally pissing on Nintendo. Yesterday they were best buddies, now they don't give a damn about them. Weird.

Anyway Capcom is totally pissing on Nintendo. Yesterday they were best buddies, now they don't give a damn about them. Weird.

well that's also true the other way around...

[about Zelda DS]The game is being developed by Aunuma's team at Nintendo, not by Capcom, which has handled the development of previous handheld Legend of Zelda titles. Aunuma has stressed that the system's touch screen capabilities are going to be integral to the gaming experience, saying "What I can tell you is that it's going to use the touch screen for a very unique control system that people have never experienced in a Zelda game before."
Source: http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/100505d.html

Now, that's probably a good thing, but also wierd since capcom did all the existing handheld Zeldas in colaboration with Nintendo...

I'd say their relations are kinda damaged because what happened with "Capcom 5" (those 5 cube exclusive games), specially Resident Evil 4, I mean even shinji mikami was pissed as hell with that atitude, how could Nintendo be happy about it? It's only normal that "well, if Resident Evil 4 isn't our exclusive anymore, then you won't make Zelda DS either".

Remember that initially it was almost certain that this new Zelda DS would be a Four Swords one, who was made by Capcom in the first place (for GBA), and out of the blue they anounced that it isn't a Four Swords game (when it was almost confirmed)... I'd say this comes as no surprise as it's just pulling the pieces together but indeed things things are a little bitter between Capcom and Nintendo, but Capcom deserved it. They didn't port any previously exclusive PS2 exclusive for us (I wonder why as Capcom didn't sign a public deal with sony, unlike they did with Nintendo) but ported all the exclusives they were supposed to do for Nintendo by contract (the Capcom 5).

Are you serious? We got Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright and a viewtiful joe that is not a spin-off. That's enough for me.

And regarding the Revolution: the team that made REDS and Shinji Mikami are both working on an exclusive game. We'll probably get Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil too.

Are you serious? We got Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright and a viewtiful joe that is not a spin-off. That's enough for me.

And regarding the Revolution: the team that made REDS and Shinji Mikami are both working on an exclusive game. We'll probably get Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil too.

That's because they have to support DS when you have the sales like you're seeing in Japan, and Revolution might continue that trend, Capcom knows that and also shinji mikami wanted to develop for revolution anyway...

But it's not like Capcom is all lovey-dovey with us, she's just supporting, the relation between companies has been damaged, just that, It's not like they won't be buddies in the future... not if the money is on Nintendo's side, actually.

That's Capcom PR for you, it doesn't mean the creators are excited or not for revo, the stockholders in that company don't give a damn about games, they just want more profit, that's quite natural I guess... but for that they wen't against shinji mikami more than once, till with RE4 he really got pissed, mind you that's the main reason he's not developing RE5, and transfered for Clover Studio.

They may give the "we are all a happy family" image to the outside but I believe they have a few trust-related problems inside, caused by the stockholders/PR or whatever.

That's because they have to support DS when you have the sales like you're seeing in Japan, and Revolution might continue that trend, Capcom knows that and also shinji mikami wanted to develop for revolution anyway...

But it's not like Capcom is all lovey-dovey with us, she's just supporting, the relation between companies has been damaged, just that, It's not like they won't be buddies in the future... not if the money is on Nintendo's side, actually.

That's Capcom PR for you, it doesn't mean the creators are excited or not for revo, the stockholders in that company don't give a damn about games, they just want more profit, that's quite natural I guess... but for that they wen't against shinji mikami more than once, till with RE4 he really got pissed, mind you that's the main reason he's not developing RE5, and transfered for Clover Studio.

They may give the "we are all a happy family" image to the outside but I believe they have a few trust-related problems inside, caused by the stockholders/PR or whatever.

The relation between Clover Studios and Nintendo is better than ever and that's a good thing for sure, especially since Mikami decided to work mainly for them.

Besides, Nintendo is building up new relations with Hideo Kojima and especially Ubisoft. And we still don't know who's side Square Enix is on, they always develop for the console that sells the best in Japan and there's a good chance that might be Nintendo since PS3 will be really expensive to develop for.

Revolution will take a good chunk of Sony's market share and even if SQ's games sell as good on PS3 as on PS2, they will make a lot less profit. Big SQ projects cost dozens of millions of dollars to make on PS2 and I'm expecting the development costs on PS3 to double. Is that a good thing for SQ? Everything but.

Square Enix has always been a big-budget developer that makes high quality games, but will they be willing to give up millions for PS3 while there's actually a console that is MUCH MUCH cheaper to develop for?