NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Chris Dring? Jeff Grubb? Matt Booty?

These aren't all real people right? They're made up faceless PR entities surely? Can't even give them normal convincing names.
Jeff Grubb makes me think of the caterpillar from A Bug's Life.
  • Haha 1

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft/microsofts-quest-for-short-term-dollardollardollar-is-doing-long-term-damage-to-windows-surface-xbox-and-beyond

The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally, and I know there's debate and unease at Microsoft about whether or not this is a good idea. More upcoming Microsoft-owned games slated for PlayStation are already being developed. While it's true Microsoft is a prolific publisher on PlayStation already, it has typically revolved around specific franchises like Minecraft. From what I've heard, Microsoft is pushing for no "red line" for what games could come to PlayStation, and it all revolves around Satya Nadella and CFO Amy Hood's plans to increase every department's margins.

Sounds like we’re coming close to the end of the line for Xbox.

What a shame, such a waste of potential.

If they want to make the biggest splash possible as a 3rd party publisher though, they should probably wait until the release of Switch 2; come swinging right out of the gate with the likes of the complete Halo, Gears and Forza series during the launch window and immediately establish themselves as the biggest 3rd party on Nintendo’s next console.  No doubt they’d get the sweetheart royalty deal to end all sweetheart royalty deals if they do this.

Posted (edited)

Solid show.  No major surprises (Well, apart from doing Gears of War 0 instead of Gears 6 I suppose), but everything they showed looks really promising (yes, even Perfect Dark).

RIP Xbox Bin though :( But World Premiere Guy is alive again, so it all evens out :)

Edited by Dcubed

Nothing much of interest for me. Kinda highlighted just how little I care about a lot of Western made games. 

I know everyone knows about it by now, but I'm going to drop the new console SKUs reveal for the Series X|S releasing this Holiday 2024 season in here because it'd feel weird to not have it mentioned somewhere in this thread. 

Per the Xbox Wire press release, the 2TB Series X will come in at $599.99/€649.99; the all-digital 1TB Series X will come in at $449.99/€499.99; and the all-digital 1TB Series S will come in at $349.99/€349.99.

I think the most interesting part of this press release is that Xbox haven't put a price for us in the UK, which I'm guessing is probably down to the upcoming election having the potential to hit us pretty hard in the value of the GBP. Yay us. 

Anyways, caught up on the showcase by skipping through the Easy Allies reactions to the thing, pretty easily the best show over the last few days of the big hitters just from the updates and games announced alone, but is that saying much when Nintendo are still out partying and aren't turning up until later, and PlayStation phoned it in a couple of weeks back? ::shrug: 

For me, the highlights were Doom: The Dark Ages (haven't played the other modern Doom games but I also just think this was an excellent trailer), Winter Burrow, Mixtape, Life is Strange: Double Exposure (another series I haven't got into but is a big get, and returning character after a time gap hype?), Indy, and Mecha Break (which I have zero interest in playing but hey, the mech customisation looks neat!). 

Still, none of these are reason enough - once again - for me to give much thought to picking up an Xbox anytime soon, especially seeing as a lot of them - if not all, with how Xbox are handling things these days - are destined to come to other consoles. 

Give the digital only device the smaller storage. Makes sense.

• Haha 1

Game Pass is coming to Amazon Fire Stick.

Xbox Gaming Coming to Amazon Fire TV: Play More Games, No Console Needed

At Xbox, we’re committed to bringing the joy and community of gaming to everyone.  Today, we’re announcing a collaboration with Amazon where Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members in over 25 countries can play games directly from the Xbox app on select Fire TV devices via cloud gaming, giving people even more choice in how they play their favorite games.

The Xbox app will soon be available on the Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2023) ($59.99) and Fire TV Stick 4K (2023) ($49.99). For people new to console gaming, or for those looking for another way to play, it’s a great low-cost, convenient, and portable option to enjoy a huge library of incredible games.

To get started, players just need a Fire TV Stick, a Bluetooth-enabled wireless controller, and an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership to gain instant access to hundreds of phenomenal games, including Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II, Starfield, and Forza Horizon 5, among others.

Plus, Bethesda Game Studios’ beloved Fallout games are also available with Game Pass Ultimate, including Fallout 76 and Fallout 4. Fallout fans will be able to play these games on select Amazon Fire TV devices alongside the acclaimed Fallout TV show on Prime Video.

Once downloaded, the Xbox app is designed to offer a smooth and seamless experience. Here’s how it works:

Simply install and launch the Xbox app from your Fire TV device.
Sign in with your Microsoft account to play. If you’re an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, you’ll have instant access to hundreds of cloud-enabled games.

Not a member? No worries! You can join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for one low monthly price, or check out Fortnite without a membership.
Connect a Bluetooth-enabled wireless controller. Controllers like the Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, PlayStation DualSense, or DualShock 4 controller are all compatible.

Start Playing!

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this