NEurope
Hero-of-Time

State of Play (Tuesday 10th Dec 2019)

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Can we get a link? I can't find a Dcubed in that thread.

Watched a bit of the video. Why the hell didn't they edit out the first 13 minutes. :|

It's off. Almost, but not quite.

The thread got closed.

Dcubed is called Nuclear Muffin over there.

• Weird 1

Just watched, yikes. What a waste of time.

Concrete Genie looks pretty cool though.

You'd think they'd want to go big on their first Direct stlyle thing.

Crash Team Racing looked pretty good. 20 minutes was a good length. No individual announcement dragged on too long, although hardly any looked very appealing to me.

And it was nice watching a 'Direct' where I didn't fear having to watch 10+ minutes of Fire Emblem.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Crash Team Racing looked pretty good. 20 minutes was a good length. No individual announcement dragged on too long, although hardly any looked very appealing to me.

And it was nice watching a 'Direct' where I didn't fear having to watch 10+ minutes of Fire Emblem.

They will announce a new Final Fantasy Tactics (VR) especially for you in the next Playstation Direct! :p

• Haha 1

The next State of Play has been announced for this week.

Its to be around 10 minutes long.

• Like 1

Well...

Last time I said “Don’t expect much”.

Well this one will be better than the last for sure. We'll see updates to Sony games, a new title (as mentioned in the OP) and also the re-reveal of a third party game that was announced long ago.

Hmmm...Final Fantasy VII Remake? WiLD? The return of Deep Down? :p 

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hmmm...Final Fantasy VII Remake? WiLD? The return of Deep Down? :p

If Final Fantasy VII Remake is going to turn up at E3 -- and I mean, the little that we've heard from S-E in the last six months about the game really seems to be hinting that it will be -- then I think that it makes the most sense of those three.

Unless there's been a change of plan, it's coming to PlayStation first, so it gives Sony the opportunity to reiterate that, and it also sets Square Enix up nicely to show more at E3 during their press conference, which could get plenty more people tuning in after their poor showing last year. 

But that's only if it's going to be at E3 this year. If not, I have no idea ::shrug:

Square Enix are going to be showing something at State of Play...

...but it's Hashimoto-san revealing this information, so odds are that it's probably just a port of the original PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII coming to PS4 :p 

Edited by Julius

11 minutes ago, Julius said:

Square Enix are going to be showing something at State of Play...

...but it's Hashimoto-san revealing this information, so odds are that it's probably just a port of the original PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII coming to PS4 :p 

I'd happily take a port of Final Fantasy VIII on the PS4. Make it happen, S-E!

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Time for him to be unleashed.

Related image

And who might that young fella be?

Untitled Goose Game - that is one hilarious goose :D 
Spellbreaker - looks interesting but still quite rough
Dreams - everytime I see something new of this game I'm impressed
Superliminal - right up my alley. I love optical illusions
Paper Beast - weird :laughing: 
KH3 ReMind DLC - I will play the series, eventually...
Predator Hunting Grounds - haven't even heard of this before; looks intriguing, though
Babylon's Fall - ohhhhhh, want
Resident Evil 3 - boooooooooooooring :p 
Ken Kutaragi's message - love you, too
Ghost of Tsushima - cannot freaking wait

It's obvious the PS4 is nearing its end. Quite the unncesseray State of Play. Still, a couple of interesting games have been shown.

Really enjoyed that one. However, an issue with it was that stuff already leaked. Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC, Resident Evil 3, Goose Game and Dreams release date were already known. Had they remained secret then it would have had a bigger impact. Although, the Platinum games was a surprise. I was expecting that at the VGA show and not here.

Still, they are starting to find their feet with this format. There was a nice mix of indie and bigger games on show today.

A pretty good State of Play but as has been said, with a lot of it being leaked it kind of took away from the likes of RE3 being announced. Still, they're getting there with regards to how to structure it and get the pacing right, though that message from Ken Kutaragi may have been better suited to the opening (probably after Goose Game) as it felt a tad odd to have that there with no announcement associated with it.

Had wondered if Ghosts of Tsushima would turn up at The Game Awards. They've been quiet on it for a while and even though this is a PlayStation specific stream, I think they need the bigger audience and platform of TGA to get the game out there and start building up to its release in the second half of next year (I suspect that'll be as much of a release window as well get, Autumn 2020). If I had to guess, I'd say this will be their September title, much like Spiderman last year was. 1 last big first party title to run out the PS4 before the PS5 launches in September. I do wonder if it'll be a cross generation title though. That and TLoU Part 2 just scream across generation, but we'll see.

But yeah, not bad considering they've had a quiet year. And nice go have a genuine surprise in Babylon's Fall show up, even if visually it did look a bit lacklustre (environmentally speaking). Another cross gen title I suspect there.

Didn't watch the Playstation Direct, but found this on Twitter...

Sony: Hey can I copy your homework?

Nintendo: Sure but don't make it too obvious

ELbqpUyUcAA3XMm?format=jpg

ELbqpwfUUAAFrRS?format=jpg

(Just a bit of fun, before anyone kicks off) 

Edited by Ronnie

14 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

A pretty good State of Play but as has been said, with a lot of it being leaked it kind of took away from the likes of RE3 being announced. Still, they're getting there with regards to how to structure it and get the pacing right, though that message from Ken Kutaragi may have been better suited to the opening (probably after Goose Game) as it felt a tad odd to have that there with no announcement associated with it.

Yeah, that was very strange. I was thinking it was going to lead to some kind of original PlayStation announcement but it was nothing. It was a nice gesture having him on but ultimately it brought nothing substantial to the presentation.