NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ramar

My first concert.

You read the title right, hardcorely into music, never been to a concert before last night.

So, me and two friends got the train to London and saw Panic! At the Disco and The Academy Is, fantastic gig. Panic were by far the best but they only had a short set of six songs that annoyed me. What was cool was that they were id'ing people there (the place was full of wasted youngsters). I busted out my passport (only form of ID) and bought the beverages.

The Astoria is a grubby place to be honest, and I couldn't believe the queue to get in, I missed the first band (The Junior Varsity) but I wasn't bothered about them. As soon as I'd bought a t-shirt and a beer, I was down in front of the stage. Quality.

Just wondered if anyone else went.

If not, share your first concert experiences.

definitely not as hardcore as yourself ;) my first concert experience was the corrs, a band i never listen to anymore... nothing to do with them i'm sure they're still great but my whole music taste has shifted to motown/jazz. have to say their gigs were brilliant tho! actually my first one was in a virgin megastore at a signing of their's where they performed a half-hour set if you wana be technical lol.

went to see them twice after that in belfast, right up the front so a clear view... "hmm... caroline the drummer mmmmmmmmmmmm"....

ahem, apart from them the only other concert was p.diddy (again my music has shifted but i still think he's one of the few hip-hop stars out today that i can still listen to) in dublin in 2000. man! that was day and a half!! concert itself was nearly three hours, with guest appearances from everyone you could imagine!! only thing is every muscle in my body was in agony the next morning thanks to the full eight-minute version of "come with me" from the godzilla soundtrack, complete with fireworks, explosions and a helluva lot of shouting, jumping etc etc lol.

The first concert I ever went to was Wings (Paul McCartneys band after the Beatles) with my parents when I was about 10. I really enjoyed it, even though I didnt know any of the songs. I missed on on seeing Michael Jackson on the Dangerous tour (I went to see Summerslam 92 instead), which I am now gutted about, but I did get to see U2 on the PopMart tour at Wembley Stadium. That was absolutely awesome, even from the back of the venue (we were fairly near the front on the pitch at the start, but it was the height of summer and when you have to stand packed in with about 30,000 other irritating people in the scorching heat for hours while some crappy support bands do their thing, you really start to lose all enthusiasm very quickly).

Other than that, I have seen Culture Club and Duran Duran (I had a big 80s thing going on in college ;) ) Both were surprisingly good.

________

NEW MEXICO DISPENSARIES

Edited by Johelian

Well i've seen The Rasmus & Jimmy Eat World and on Feb 14th i'm seeing All American Rejects (all at the Norwich UEA). :D

All very hardcore actually, mosh pits, swearing, drinking the lot etc...Your so close to the band though, thats whats great about it!

I'm so jealous you've gone to see Panic! ATD though, they are fantastic! I also like Acadamy Is!

Sad fact is the UK is starting to really love that sort of music, Fall out boy are on TOTP on tomorrow (unless i heard it wrong), i mean WTF? :shakehead:hmm:

Sad fact is the UK is starting to really love that sort of music, Fall out boy are on TOTP on tomorrow (unless i heard it wrong), i mean WTF? :shakehead:hmm:

No way! I've got to watch TOTP for once. I sure hope that Fearne Cotton still doesn't present it.

UK is turning very emo indeed, as soon as I got to the venue, I was like O_O.. holy shit. My friend turned to me and said "Emo City".. he wans't wrong. Sad thing is they'll bitch about chavs being all the same (in clothing styles and tastes of music), but they're all the same in clothing style and music. Meh thats besides the point.

Panic are touring again in a few months, I'm gonna have to go, I believe they'll be headlining this time, which will be great.

The first concert I ever went to was the Spice Girls at the Birmingham NEC in May 1998, just before Geri left. Great night out. :D

Youve seen Panic! At the disco!!!! Damn ye! Theyre quickly becoming one of my favourite bands!

Since my first gig (Muse a few years ago) Ive become a bit of a gig-whore. Seen Blink182, Jimmy Eat World, Funeral For A Friend (Bullet for my valentine supporting! Aaaaaaaa! :grin: ), Stereophonics, Manic Street Preachers annd, a few others i cant remember. Nothing beats goin to see awesome bands with your mates :bouncy:

Well, please frown upon me, for the first gig I ever went to was to see Eminem in Milton Keynes...

Sarkas, i am frowning in digust. My first concert was a little over a year ago, i went to see Green Day at the MEN arena, and it was a bloody fantastic first concert.

My first concert was many moons ago, the rolling stones at wembley. The last one I saw was REM at Glasgow in June/July

My first concert was Iron Maiden at the Metro Radio arena.

What a night. I was partially deaf for the next 3 or 4 days afterwards.

I'd love to see Panic!

Anywho, my first (and only so far) gig was like November time last year. My friend rang me the day before saying his girlfriend has to work and was meant to go with him and I just said "yeah why not" even though I hadn't heard the band before. So the next day me, his dad and someone else from work went. First heard the band (Porcupine Tree) on the way there in the car.

Not too bad. Only problem was I did an all day at work that day and the next day was pulling a 7-2 so I was knackered. Good gig, terrible terrible support band.

Technically the 1st band I ever saw live as Flogging Molly at Download but I dont really like them. Then it was Fozzy, JJ72, The Others Biffy Clyro, InMe, getting crushed by a swarm of emo kids cuz I didnt get out of the Snickers stage fast enough before MCR came on. Fuckers wrecked only long sleve thing I took with we. Then Garbage and Feeder.Only bands I'd really heard before were Biffy and InMe but Fozzy were quite good, rest was meh. Except if I remember correctly JJ72 had a female bassist and she was quite hot. But I was half drunk so I'm not sure. 1st band I ever saw at a specific gig was P.M.T the support band for KoRn at Manchester.

First gig i went to was Muse back in the days of the origin of symmetry tour in doncaster. still remains the most intense gig i've been to.

First concert was Rammstein, then Feeder, then The Bravery, then OMFG FOO FIGHTERS! And I saw Jimmy Chamberlin (smashing pumpkins drummer) somewhere inbetween. Awesomeness goes as so:

1. Foo Fighters

2. Rammstein

3. Feeder

4. Jimmy Chamberlin

5. The Bravery

Maybe 3 and 4 should be other way around. Hmm...

Rammstein, being first gig, was fucking awesome, chck out planetrammstein.com for live pics, you'll see what I mean. If they ever play near you, go see them!

The first band I saw live were actually a band called Bearsuit. As my friend from uni is the lead guys brother. They were actually not bad and if you like fast paced unpretentious fun music you will enjoy them. Since then I have seen R.E.M and Franz which have both been excellent nights.

My first gig was King Adora after I had finished my GCSE'S (so nearly 5 years ago now :o ) was pretty cool because most of my year at school went, however the actual band themselves were a little off that night :P . Next band I saw was raging speedhorn who were utter shite. That was the extent of my gig going until I went to uni.

First year I went and saw Reel big fish supported by Billy talent (utter shit again) and Zebrahead (meh) but RBF where awesome and standing right at the front was pretty unreal.

Last year I went and saw Jimmy Eat World which was absolutly amazing, best gig ever.

My first concert was Metallica live at the RDS, Dublin (I'm real hardcore ;) )

It was August 2004, I was 13, and to be honest it's a day I'll never forget. Slipknot were the support act as well, and after there performance I have a new found respect for the 'knot. :bouncy:

-Also since I'm pretty new I'd like to say hi. :o

First concert was Rammstein

I hate you :heh:. One of the few of my favourite bands I still need to see live. The first gig I went to was, i'm ashamed to say, Nickelback. Soon got bored of them after a few months. Since i've been to probably 3 gigs not including download festival last year and the year before that. Should be seeing Soil in Cardiff in February and hopefully Soulfly the same month.

My first concert was Tom Petty. Not my favorite style of music but it was awesome live. Afterwards Metallica. Since then ive been to mostly big summer tours like Ozzfest which usually always has a good line up. Im looking forward to the Korn/Mudvayne this summer \m/

I really hope KoRn and Mudvayne come to England together. How amazing would that gig be?! Mudvayne at Download were wicked and Chad Gray smacked himself with the mic and his head started bleeding. They should both be at this years Download anyways \m/ :bouncy: mosh pits :bouncy:

Mudvayne at Download were wicked and Chad Gray smacked himself with the mic and his head started bleeding.

That was pretty damn hilarious. Even more so when the Papa Roach guy tried to imitate him and looked like a complete prat.

I hate you :heh:. One of the few of my favourite bands I still need to see live. The first gig I went to was, i'm ashamed to say, Nickelback. Soon got bored of them after a few months. Since i've been to probably 3 gigs not including download festival last year and the year before that. Should be seeing Soil in Cardiff in February and hopefully Soulfly the same month.

The first album my friend bought was a Nickelback album...these days he doesn't like me to bring it up in conversation...

The first album my friend bought was a Nickelback album...these days he doesn't like me to bring it up in conversation...

They've had some catchy songs but in the end it just became to repetitive. I think there's a comparison where one of thier songs is played over the other and it's pretty much exactly the same. Someday and How you remind me, I think.

Sign in to follow this