NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

FIFA World Cup: Russia 2018

30 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

hiluhuigug.gif

Diving SOB. Happy he got nothing for it.

Great use of VAR to deny it, but I don’t think that it was much of a dive. He clearly loses his balance, and I think he noticed that the ref saw that there was contact (however small), so he then went on to make more of it once he was down. But no, I don’t think that his going down was necessarily a dive. 

Thank goodness that Neymar got off the mark and that Brazil won, though. It’s bad enough Argentina are staring down the barrel of knockout stage omission, but this would have been a little nuts. Feel sorry for Costa Rica, because they kept Brazil at bay for 90 minutes, and were clearly just too tired come stoppage time. 

Also glad to see the effect of the first goal on Brazil’s players and the confidence that it gave them. Coutinho’s and Firmino’s little exchange in stoppage time and Neymar’s rainbow flick were great to watch.

Edited by Julius Caesar

I despise Brazil so I'm gutted they won. Bunch of simulating gits the lot of them.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I despite Brazil so I'm gutted they won. Bunch of simulating gits the lot of them.

...who do you enjoy/not hate watching? 

Because so far in this thread we’ve established that you hate both Messi and Brazil... :p 

Edited by Julius Caesar

2 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

...who do you enjoy/not hate watching? 

Because so far in this thread we’ve established that you hate both Messi and Brazil... :p 

I love watching Portugal, Germany and any gutsy underdog team. I used to love watching the Netherlands before their team imploded. Brazil, Spain and Argentina can all go to hell....possibly France as well.

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I love watching Portugal, Germany and any gutsy underdog team. I used to love watching the Netherlands before their team imploded. Brazil, Spain and Argentina can all go to hell....possibly France as well.

So I guess you’re holding out for a Germany v. Portugal final, huh? :p I’m a huge fan of Germany’s style of play, but for me, Portugal either turn up in force (like against Spain last week) or quickly fade out of the game (like against Morocco the other day). 

Besides that Spain v. Portugal game last Friday, the big teams really haven’t turned up so far, which is a bit of a bummer. I’m hoping that it’s just nerves and that they all come out firing on every cylinder when the knockout stages begin. 

I think Russia have been the most exciting team to watch so far this tournament, and by a considerable margin. It’ll be interesting to see if they’re as outright in their attacking against bigger opposition (like Uruguay next Monday) as they have been against lesser teams.

After that last game, I would say that Portugal are a bunch of simulating gits too.

Musa's goal was the best one so far!

27 minutes ago, drahkon said:

And we're out.

What the hell has happened to you guys in this tournament? You usually play with such passion and accuracy but you've been flat as a pancake.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What the hell has happened to you guys in this tournament? You usually play with such passion and accuracy but you've been flat as a pancake.

Wish I'd know. ::shrug:

yb.gif

Kroos made up for his blunder with that free kick.

I'm still shaking.

Some players need to step up their game...

Toni Kroos after the match:

“Of course the first goal is down to me. No question. [...] But you’ve then got to have the balls to play like that in the second half.”

He's right. After his blunder he played badly for the rest of the first half.
In the second he stepped up and improved with every minute.

By the way: Us Germans never fail to annoy me. Instead of celebrating the victory the only headline you see is "Lucky win by an arrogant team" (loosely translated from various news outlets).
Yes, we have every right to criticise but why can't we put the focus on our win for once? ::shrug:

Erm...Panama? What are you doing? :D

Edit: Well, now they're starting to annoy me with their punches...

Edited by drahkon

21 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Erm...Panama? What are you doing? :D

Edit: Well, now they're starting to annoy me with their punches...

Their behavior in this game has been disgusting. Half of them shouldn't still be on the pitch.

Cracking goal, to be honest :D

Cool to see how the fans are going nuts with joy :)

Edited by drahkon

Quite the entertaining match day so far.
Refs have sucked today, though...

Hope Poland - Columbia will be great to watch, too :peace:

Great result for England! Glad to see that the referees aren't standing for any nonsense during corner kicks. It always irritates me how so many defenders try and mug the other team and never seem to get punished for it. If VAR leads to 3 or 4 penalties a game, then so be it. The end result will be that either defenders stop trying to assault the other team, or they'll be punished for it! :D

Not a fan of Panama's playacting or their shitty, sly little tactics, such as the antics at corners. It lost them a few sympathy points from me.

Belgium looked great yesterday, too. @Eenuh seemed to be quite happy with it. :D They played as one cohesive team and they should have scored more than 5. Batshuayi should easily have had 4 goals. Some horrendous misses from him. He's their Sterling! :D

Batshuayi has something like 15 goals in 30 games for Belgium and the majority of the time he’s a sub.

His goals to mins ratio is superb. Yeah, he missed some chances against Tunisia but it is one of his first few games back after a bad injury.

Edited by Kav

I'm calling it now; England will draw against Belgium, get one more disciplinary card then them, and go out of the World Cup by drawing lots. It's the most England way possible after such a great start.

Here's my wish for today: Spain and Portugal lose meaning Spain gets eliminated.

There's no way any of this will happen, though :D

4 hours ago, bob said:

I'm calling it now; England will draw against Belgium, get one more disciplinary card then them, and go out of the World Cup by drawing lots. It's the most England way possible after such a great start.

Do you mean by drawing our knockout stage games, or by “drawing” a strong side in the round of 16? 

Sign in to follow this