NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BigTac

Midway making FPS on Revolution. UE3?

revolution report reported this story, before u did................hmm...........................cough*** F.................A............Ker*** Cough**

Please Ignore this F**KING C**T . I hate this flock of n00bs who have arisen wont they just F**K OFF.

Big Tac please dont let these brain less morons colour your desicion. :hmm:

ps Stop asking Who is Big Tac?!!! (Fucking bell-ends) :angry:

Better looking = better graphics quality, so what's your point?

My point is: if your sitting 2,5 to 3 meters in front of your tv only lighting system and surface detail and shader-effects determine the quality of graphics.

And another thing is that it´s a good hope of quality-games-ports for revolution because most of next-gen games are made on unreal-engine3 because theres no other middleware that matches nextgen-graphics @ the moment (all games will look the same :woops: but don´t mind).

My point is: if your sitting 2,5 to 3 meters in front of your tv only lighting system and surface detail and shader-effects determine the quality of graphics.

I'm sorry to say you are wrong. I'm not saying that revolution won't have good gfx but HD resolution is alot better than SD. I have a good SD tv and a good HD tv home. 360 looks miles better on the HDtv. HD is more clearer, more detailed. And to pick at your Star Wars reference... HD enabled games will achive those Gfx long before Normal games do (I'm not saying any game out now currently is near that type of realism).

And stop nagging on BigTac. He will say what he can when he can. Right now I think he just wants some attention (which he seems to have got).

Please Ignore this F**KING C**T . I hate this flock of n00bs who have arisen wont they just F**K OFF.

Big Tac please dont let these brain less morons colour your desicion. :hmm:

ps Stop asking Who is Big Tac?!!! (Fucking bell-ends) :angry:

well i for one have learnt to be sceptical, if you can prove Big Tac being correct with his info before any big site broke the news i will not be, and i will not come down to your level and start using foul language.

Black and white colours are obvious, you can guess, anyone can. I am just trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground after so many false hopes (megaton, Revolution controller etc.), so forgive me if i sound patronising. :)

All hail captain sensible.. I've been saying it since he spewed the news on the Black and White game..

He makes very good educated guesses.. based on a series of RSS feeds which he closely watches for trends and then says something.

My above comment went un-noticed.. but it was to intended to say that he should keep his mouth shut before he gets chased out the forums with pitchforks and fire.

- Black and White game? IGN has had information on the black and white DS game creatures for some time.. the controller and touchpad work very well with the hand of black and white.. the development studio are very open minded and no doubt have a game in development.. this is common knowledge.

- Black and white consoles? We've all seen the press release.. Nintendo like to experiment with colours, they want to appeal to all.. and those two colours work well as a basic boost. Keeping the colours two tone means they can whack out as many as possible for launch.. introducing more colours to boost sales at a later date.

- Ubisoft information mentioned here? He's said nothing.. anyone can say nothing.

I have information from Hideo Kojima who was on my flight back from Japan.. he said the game is.. oh I wont mention it.. I'll think about it.

- Other stuff i cba to say

BigTac has been with R-E and C-E for months now and everything he has said is correct,your not sceptical your jumping to conclusions

EDIT - Ill be getting a black rev,a white wouldnt go with my room,black looks cooelr aswell :P

in the pics the white does look really nice, but the blue light looks nicer on the black, i ownder if you can actually change the colour of that little strip of light. no doubt some people will set up something and do it for you, they did it with the DS, you could change your charger light and the power light.

id probably get a black one to go next to my black cube.

I'm sorry to say you are wrong. I'm not saying that revolution won't have good gfx but HD resolution is alot better than SD. I have a good SD tv and a good HD tv home. 360 looks miles better on the HDtv. HD is more clearer, more detailed. And to pick at your Star Wars reference... HD enabled games will achive those Gfx long before Normal games do (I'm not saying any game out now currently is near that type of realism).

And stop nagging on BigTac. He will say what he can when he can. Right now I think he just wants some attention (which he seems to have got).

Ill say it again that is an incorrect comparison.

If you want to compare properly you need 2 copies of the same game, one created specifically for 720p and one created specifically for 480p.

The reason is because a game will look best at the resolution it was designed for.

That means if you took a 480p game and increased the resolution to 720p (the reverse of the comparison of 360 on sd and hd tvs) the game will still look best at 480p.

Not to mention all the little differences caused by tv size and your viewing distance from the TV as well.

My point is we dont really know how good or bad the graphics on rev will look. And we CAN NOT use the x360 on sdtv as our indicator because it is far from accurate.

Furthermore i dont have the link but if you go look at what julian eggrebecht said about HD vs SD. There are some very real advantages that SD has over HD that will probably allow nintendo to remain competitive

Last point if developers failed to utilize the power of gamecube which was "easy to develop" for and had one of the most grapahically impressive titles of this generation at launch, then what is going to happen next gen???

I will agree with you that people should stop nagging BigTac

I´m not naggin!

I´m just crazy about the rev. And I´m very happy with every kind of info..that´s it...

I'm only going to say this once, so listen up. Lay off BigTac. He is doing a nice thing here by passing on some information, and i don't believe he ever tries to take the credit for other people's work (as in saying its his source, and not somebody else's).

And another thing, why are we still getting hung up about graphics? The Revolution will be a unique experience which will hopefully surpass anything than fancy graphics has to offer.

I trust bigtac and all of you should do the same. Please don´t drive him away with saying "faker" or something. Should be put into the rules-thread! ;)

saying: "Please give me the info" in response to: "Should i give you the info" is no nagging. If you wanna fuck on me with that, well ok. For me it doesn´t matter. I´m getting my revo as soon as possible, and then I´m happy!

why not just give the info instead of openly asking if you should...? ofcourse you're gonna know we all like to gossip and share stories about the revolution, no matter the source, as it gives us topics for conversation and debate :)

I guess i'm the only one here interested in the fact it's Midway making a FPS. Is this not their first attempt? I only recall them making Mortal Kombat games.

I havent bought a single FPS since the 64 days unless you count MP1 + 2. They are all the same . I'll wait and see how Rev FPS' end up and then make a decision.

ANd this rule should be added:

Ragging on Big Tac will result in instant account deletion and banning.

Viper, Midway released Area 51, I think that was their first attempt. But yeah we should be focusing more on the fact that its Midway. Psi-Ops was meant to be a pretty good game so I'm hoping for something fairly good here. However, you never can tell with cross platform games...

BigTac, I have one more question: how did the Ubisoft games compare to the Unreal Engine 3.0 graphics-wise?

Ubisoft is developping a 2D fps shooting, it's not very fun.

The game No End Soon is meant to be ironic because the seemingly endless coridoors of shooting that you encounter throughout the game.

They fired the guy with all the ideas it seems..

And another thing is that it´s a good hope of quality-games-ports for revolution because most of next-gen games are made on unreal-engine3 because theres no other middleware that matches nextgen-graphics @ the moment (all games will look the same :woops: but don´t mind).

At 3 meters from my TV I still notice strips of loose pixels in pretty much any game I own (and yes that includes RE4 and MP2 and all the good stuff). HD is needed.

Innovance - I saw the difference between an HD version (1920x1080) and a 800x450 (higher than SD) of Kill Bill on the same LCD and the difference was jaw dropping. Of course HD doesn't do all the improvement in games, but it sure makes it look better.

Also I'd like to say to the spammers that they are sad people.

I would say it depends - a higher resolution can help to boost the general image quality of a game but without a good level architecture, character models and effects.

The cost of HD for a console is quite high right now and I think I prefer a stable framerate, Antialiasing over a higher resolution. Furthermore I don't own a HD TV set and this won't change in the next few years (right now I am more than happy to afford a console itself) and many others have the same problem. The UE3 is quite good but that alone doesn't make good games. Too many people get carried away by graphics but what happens after the first hour of playing? Does Zelda needs a higher resolution or do you want to have a bigger more living world? Does Burnout needs 60 frames per second or a higher resolution?

BOTH would be the answer but that means a more expensive console. I think Nintendos way is right. Of course I will look at 360/PS3 games and say "WOW" that looks really good but after an hour that effect wears off whereas a funny game keeps me playing for long.

Many developers licence expensive graphic engines to concentrate on gameplay - that is a very good idea but also a lot of them do this so that thei mediocre game looks at least good.

Innovance - I saw the difference between an HD version (1920x1080) and a 800x450 (higher than SD) of Kill Bill on the same LCD and the difference was jaw dropping. Of course HD doesn't do all the improvement in games, but it sure makes it look better.

Also I'd like to say to the spammers that they are sad people.

I hope you dont misunderstand me, im not trying to say your wrong or anything, because your probably not (im assuming you are talking 2 different versions of kill bill)

But there are other contributing factors as well, such as screen size (which is the whole reason behind HD) distance from the screen, wires, resolution the movie was shot in, resolution it was edited in etc etc

Again am not saying your wrong, but im just saying there are other factors that can enhance and detract from the gains. So in a slightly different situation, the difference may not have ended up being as jaw dropping, or it could have ended up being more impressive.

I just wanted to make you aware that there was more than just HD that went into making the higher res version look impressive

Sign in to follow this