NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

I just want to see more on the system now - OS updates, voice chat app, VC etc.

Precisely this. We have to see more of one of these soon, if not at E3, then in a Direct in the coming weeks.

I'm really hoping some other games are shown off/revealed during Treehouse later today, I feel like there's still room for a few more announcements from them.

So there wasn't a great deal of games in the Spotlight but it feels like a strong showing.

Odyssey looks really good and Mario rarely fails to deliver anything other than a top tier gaming experience.

Metroid and Pokémon whilst not really of great interest to me are obviously major announcements. Metroid is probably not a system seller but a game core Nintendo fans have been crying out for. The numbers Pokémon shift suggest that a fully fledged Switch version should sell millions of games and consoles.

Kirby and Yoshi is the standard Nintendo platformer fare.

Xenoblade is a game I've never played but I put this in the Pokémon bracket as I believe it has a strong fan base.

Fifa alone has made this a great E3 for me.

Rocket League again is a game I have not played. My son plays it all the time with his friends on PS4 and the dynamics of quick 5 minutes matches fit perfectly with the portability of the Switch. Cross network play is brilliant. Sony's unwillingness to adopt this smacks of Nintendo's arrogance in the SNES/N64 days and we all know how that ended.

Hopefully, there will be a few more surprises in the coming days.

I'm hoping they showcase some indie stuff today or tomorrow. There are a lot of quality titles on the way and i'd like to see some release dates for them. *points at Stardew Valley*

Yeah, this was a big hole in the spotlight actually with just Rocket League. Stardew Valley I'm very excited about, but I also want to know what new games are coming we haven't heard about yet, really wanted Undertale, and there's a lot out there I'd like to see come.

Had Rocket League been announced previously? I thought I remembered seeing it in a preview reel recently.

Had Rocket League been announced previously? I thought I remembered seeing it in a preview reel recently.

I think it was just heavily rumoured for a time before the Switch conference at the start of the year. I don't think it was shown.

I was unable to watch last night so all I've seen is the press release and I got the chance to watch the Mario trailer.

Not much they wows me, but it's solid and to be expected. Curious about the Yoshi one as the description makes it sound like Puppeteer which is criminally ignored.

Treehouse shows off port of Pokken with new characters.

Proceeds to use nothing but the Pokemon in the original version...

EDIT: Had a good laugh when they asked "Why should People buy the Switch version if they have the WiiU?" and the other guy replied with "Well, two people can play on the same screen"

11.jpg

There's the WiiU version.

11.jpg

Oh, right, that makes all the difference.

Edited by Glen-i

I enjoyed watching that Pokken tournament. I swear that Allister guy was throwing matches just to prolong the event. He could have tanked the other guy any time he wanted.

Pitting the winners against the devs at the end was a great idea

Haha! Allister choked at the end. Me and my oldest nephew went nuts when the developer pulled it back. :D

Yeah, that was pretty fun to watch. Though it's not going to look anything like that when I'm playing haha.

I enjoyed watching that Pokken tournament. I swear that Allister guy was throwing matches just to prolong the event. He could have tanked the other guy any time he wanted.

I ended up watching too :) don't know why. It worth it for the developer match. Tempted to buy it....

I ended up watching too :) don't know why. It worth it for the developer match. Tempted to buy it....

You should. It's a great fighter and I really enjoyed it on the Wii U.

As for Yoshi, the Shy Guys holding the butterflies are freaking adorable. Good-Feel look to continue to be one of my favourite developers.

You should. It's a great fighter and I really enjoyed it on the Wii U.

As for Yoshi, the Shy Guys holding the butterflies are freaking adorable. Good-Feel look to continue to be one of my favourite developers.

Game looks great doesn't it? The non bouncy eggs are freaking me out though!!

Game looks great doesn't it? The non bouncy eggs are freaking me out though!!

Yeah, it does look a bit weird. I imagine they will be bouncing around like normal once the game is finished. :D

The new Yoshi game looks a bit rough in places still (shaky framerate, missing animations and shadows, flipping mechanic only working in co-op etc). I suspect that we won't see it till late 2018 (likely October) at the earliest.

I like the concept, but the pace looks a bit too sleepy for my liking. I mean, Woolly World was already super chill, but this looks like the cure for insomnia!

Salmon Run (Splatoon 2) looks like loads of fun mind you! I like the Intensity Slider ripoff that they're using for difficulty :)

I like the concept, but the pace looks a bit too sleepy for my liking. I mean, Woolly World was already super chill, but this looks like the cure for insomnia!

The snails pace the Treehouse guys were going at didn't help mind, they had to make two levels last twenty minutes

I've just got the Treehouse stream on in the background at the moment but I checked Gaf and they mentioned that this was said.

It seems online Salmon Run is limited to timed events? This is something I'd like available at all times so a bit worrying.

So Salmon Run is only available at set times? That's awful if true. :(

Oh nice! The developers just said that Splatoon 2 runs in 1080p 60FPS!

The Testfire only ran at 720p, so that's good news :D

Oh nice! The developers just said that Splatoon 2 runs in 1080p 60FPS!

The Testfire only ran at 720p, so that's good news :D

Sweet! Undocked as well? Saying that, I'll probably be playing this docked most of the time anyway, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I've just got the Treehouse stream on in the background at the moment but I checked Gaf and they mentioned that this was said.

So Salmon Run is only available at set times? That's awful if true. :(

I don't think so... I think with the times events they were asked about is it similar/replace/be an alternative to splastfests and they said maybe, but haven't announced anything yet.

Pretty sure this is available all times. Certain of it.

Sweet! Undocked as well? Saying that, I'll probably be playing this docked most of the time anyway, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Well undocked would only ever be a maximum of 720p, since the Switch's screen is 720p. Going higher is totally pointless.

The Testfire ran at sub native res undocked before (something like 540p), so seemingly they bumped that up too.

I did think they should be able to. It doesn't look that much better than the first game and both MK8DX and ARMS managed it, so I figured that Splatoon 2 should've been able to pull it off. Glad to see that's happened :)