NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrulz

N-Europe Forums Nintendo Switch Game of the Month Award - April 2017 (Semi-Final 3/3)

Semi Final 3/3  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Semi Final 3/3

• Little Inferno
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • VOEZ
    • Graceful Explosion Machine
    • Super Bomberman R
    • Just Dance 2017
    • New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers
    • Has-Been Heroes
    • Puyo Puyo Tetris
    • ACA NeoGeo: Shock Troopers

THIS IS SEMI FINAL 3 OF 3 – PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF YOU HAVE PLAYED NONE OF THE GAMES IN THE POLL. THE TOP 4 AT 23:59 07/05/2017 UK TIME WILL PROGRESS.

Nintendo Switch Game of the Month Poll – April 2017

Structure

This is how it works. The idea is to vote for the game you have played in the respective month and ENJOYED THE MOST. Games eligible for the months poll will have to meet one of the following criteria

• Released in that month
  • Released in the previous month (To give games released late in the previous month a chance)
  • Finished 1st-12th in last months poll
  • Previously finished 1st in any poll for the previous 6 months
  • Previously finished 1st-3rd in any poll for the previous 5 months
  • Previously finished 1st-5th in any poll for the previous 4 months
  • Previously finished 1st-8th in any poll for the past 3 months

This structure typically gives 20-30 games each month that a player can choose to vote for. These are then RANDOMLY split into 2 or 3 semi-final polls with the top 4 or 3 respectively going through to the final poll

Each poll lasts for 3 days with the semi-final poll being released on 1st of the month (Except for this month…)

The winning game of the final poll will become the Nintendo Life Forums Switch Game of the Month and qualify for the end of the year championships.

At the end of the year the top 10 scoring games across the year and any monthly winners will compete in a final poll for Game of the Year.

Admin

The only thing I ask is when you vote just put a comment in the thread to keep it alive and fresh!

REMEMBER: It is important to vote ONLY for the game that has given you the most enjoyment in the LAST MONTH. THIS IS USUALLY THE GAME YOU SPENT THE MOST TIME ON IN THE LAST MONTH (Use this as a tiebreaker if you enjoyed 2 games equally) If you did not play a game in any of the polls or all the games you played you disliked please abstain from voting

3 threads is an unnecessary eyesore.

Shouldn't prove much of an issue and from previous experience on a playstation site will attract new visitors to the site so hopefully mods will be fine with this.

With their being 3 semi final polls it is necessary for them to each have their own thread as you can only have 1 poll per thread. Could run polls offsite and only do 1 thread but I do not want to take traffic away from the site so that's a no go

Puyo Puyo Tetris has more fun gameplay and a more entertaining story than Breath of the Wild, so I'm going with that.

Edited by Glen-i

New visitors?!

glasses-league-of-_3254418k.jpg

But seriously, you could just do a poll for best game and best indie game for each quarter or something - these results aren't exactly electrifying reading. Just Dance isn't and won't ever be a serious contender (maybe that's showing too much faith in the Switch release schedule) and the voting rounds are overkill.

New visitors

But seriously, you could just do a poll for best game and best indie game for each quarter or something - these results aren't exactly electrifying reading. Just Dance isn't and won't ever be a serious contender (maybe that's showing too much faith in the Switch release schedule) and the voting rounds are overkill.

Appreciate the comments. What I have done is just based on experience to be honest. When I started the PlayStation one there was a game called Warhawk which was a small indie production and didn't get included. That month people were in uproar it wasn't included! So ever since I have included all games to ever be released. The first month is always heavy but going forward you typically end up with 15-20 games.

If mods are happy then in forthcoming months I'l just do 1 thread with 3 polls on it run using a poll website such as poll monkey that would probably work

For what it's worth I have no personal preference and unless one of the mods of this board says otherwise I'm happy to go with whatever the general consensus is.

For what it's worth I have no personal preference and unless one of the mods of this board says otherwise I'm happy to go with whatever the general consensus is.

Thanks, hopefully they are fine with it. The threads will soon disappear into the aether when the month is done. Ran it for 3 years for PS and some of the results were very intriguing. For example I fully expect Zelda to win this month but for how many months will it remain on top?

So long as we can get 30+ votes on each poll which judging by the amount so far after 1 day which is a work day and people arent home yet we should hit and it will build month on month

No! F you!

I did wonder myself but didn't have time to consult - but I was essentially gonna say the same as you Ash. So if Ashley's fine with it, I too am fine with it!

I would say next time to check with us first @ncfcrulz but I see no harm in the threads atm and hopefully they'll get some positive discussions going, plus as a new member I think it's worth allowing it this time ;)

On that note - welcome to the forums :)! If you need anything feel free to get in touch with myself or other blue names(mods) or red names(admins).

I think having one thread, listing every game and asking people to pick their top 3 would work best. Assign points to each one and then tally them up. Would give a better indication than arbitrarily mixing games into three groups and asking people to just pick one.

To be fair all it probably won't work. We only have 5 votes in a day in one of the thread. Across the 3 days you need like 40-50 in each poll otherwise you are putting through games to final with like 2 votes lol! Can't overly extend the timeframe as the further into the month you go the more people are unconsciously persuaded to vote for games they have played in May rather than April etc.

So I think it's probably best to abandon it as I just don't think the volume gained is going to be enough:(

I think there are only about 25 active posters on these forums who even have a Switch, so it was always going to be slim pickings...

Probably doesnt help as well that I immediately assumed these were spam threads when I saw them.

To be fair all it probably won't work. We only have 5 votes in a day in one of the thread. Across the 3 days you need like 40-50 in each poll otherwise you are putting through games to final with like 2 votes lol! Can't overly extend the timeframe as the further into the month you go the more people are unconsciously persuaded to vote for games they have played in May rather than April etc.

So I think it's probably best to abandon it as I just don't think the volume gained is going to be enough:(

Don't be disheartened. I did wonder if it was spam until I read inside and saw how much thought you'd put into it. Your threads were a good attempt at getting some discussion going. : peace:

I think having one thread, listing every game and asking people to pick their top 3 would work best. Assign points to each one and then tally them up. Would give a better indication than arbitrarily mixing games into three groups and asking people to just pick one.

I would prefer this. Since you randomly assign games to part 1/2/3, my 2 favourite games of the month could wind up in the same poll, while a meh game can get points due to no competition in another poll. Having one topic and assigning points would fix this.

Sign in to follow this