NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

General Election 2017 - MJ popcorn gif edition

Apparently Farron has stepped down as leader of lib Dems. Didn't see or expect this coming. Actually quite liked him and probably best thing for party atm. Was looking forward to him and JC moving forwards alongside eavhh other.

EDIT: extra instability gonna do is no favours for attempts at not letting Tories form a last government. Silly bastard.

Edited by Rummy

Quite disappointed that he has resigned. I thought he was taking the party in the right direction and he appeared to be a very interesting character. A good leader for the party.

I can't help but like Tim Farron, despite my own politics differing quite considerably from his. He has a great deal of integrity, in my opinion. I'm very fond of him simply on a human level.

I can't say I've really formed an opinion of him one way or another.

Seems a fair bet Vince Cable will be the next leader though.

I'm genuinely shocked that he has decided to leave now. I left voting for the Lib Dems back in 2015 but kept an eye on them to see what they were doing. When Tim became leader he wasn't connected with anything to do with the coalition government so I thought it could be fresh start for the party again. However I knew back then that Tim Farron would be known mainly as the person who brought the party back from their crushing defeat just two years ago. I hope however he will be remembered for other things he did as well. Whilst I disagreed with the Lib Dem leader on some issues he kept his principles which I admire.

As for Vince Cable possibly becoming leader, well Sir Cable's selling off the Royal Mail in the dying days of the coalition was the final straw for me, I could no longer back the Lib Dems any more. He is clearly a front runner in any leadership bid should he decide to run for leader but it won't impress me. Whatever I might think of the Lib Dems now I think there is a real need for the liberal voice to heard especially with the two main UK parties acting as they are.

Edited by sumo73

I think Farron was their best bet. It's just a shame he couldn't go on hating the gays in secret whilst not actually putting into his politics.

Tim Farron always looked like a man straining to hold in a fart.

Tim Farron always looked like a man straining to hold in a fart.

I know I'm a fucking weirdo but everytime I look at him and his hairline for some reason I can't think of much but The Last Airbender.