NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Surprised it took so long TBH.

They didn't have a choice. They really wanted to release it on a leap day.

The direct took some of my momentum this week, I prefer the smaller random stuff! Better brace myself for Pokémon day eh? 

• Thanks 1

Slipped in a couple of smaller indie game announcements on the front page [from whatever IGN Fan Fest is? lol] before Pokémon Presents! I won't be home later today, but should hopefully have a roundup [of Pokémon Presents] tonight or tomorrow!

Edited by Josh64
vague af
  • Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek10.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 10)

The tenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Check the article for the full roundup.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the recently posted articles, which include...

Seriously, thanks Josh for covering the news, it's appreciated and I'm grateful for any and all articles posted, it seems like it has been quite a week for both of us...

Cover any Nintendo news which you feel is worth reporting as all of your articles are excellent, but take time for yourself whenever you need to. :smile:

Wishing you all the best, man. :heart:

See you next week! :peace: (all being well)

• Thanks 2

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek11.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 11)

The eleventh week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Check the article for the full roundup.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the recently posted articles, which include...

See you next week! :peace:

• Thanks 1

A slower week, perhaps because of Easter and because Peach was only last week! 

• Thanks 1

Heads up for all you normies that play Switch games on Switch, Crypt of the Necrodancer is getting new DLC that adds Hatsune Miku as a playable character…

… out now on PC, coming to Switch & PS4 later on (soz Xbox).

Of even more importance though…

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Crypt-of-the-NecroDancer-SYNCHRONY-2541723.html

Synchrony is now out on Switch!!! FINALLY!!

This DLC pack was previously Steam exclusive and adds a bunch of new characters, stages, weapons and stuff… including online co-op multiplayer and even mod support (yes, even on console!)

I honestly thought we’d never get Synchrony and that they had just given up on the non PC versions of the game.  Glad to hear that’s not the case! :D (soz Xbox… err, again I mean)

I got the demo for The Pedestrian and blasted through it. I'm not sure what drug the person who wrote this was on

"Enjoy this textless journey, where all ideas are shared in icons and your powers of observation will be put to the test. You play by rearranging and reconnecting public signs in order to explore and advance through each engaging environment."

There certainly is no text, but there isn't really any journey either. It's a simple puzzler (from what was on offer) where you connect entry points between sections, which was quite linear and little variety for experimentation. The "environments" are engaging in the sense that they are graphically very nice to look at compares to the black and white stuff you have to focus on for the puzzling, but have zero impact on the game. Going between "levels" requires you to hold whichever direction you were running to keep the game going, otherwise you're stuck looking at a nice pipe, you can even make the quasi cut scene go in reverse and run back the way you came, but there's no need to and something that would just flow better if you didn't have to hold the stick and it did it via cut scene.

It was an ok experience. A couple of levels had me thinking, but not an interest to invest. So I was out 

Posted (edited)
Edited by S.C.G

15 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I wasn't sure if my cyber sleuth skills were getting lame or if it had been a quiet week but ONE highlight in eShop Weekly?! I haven't seen it that barren in a while! 

• Haha 1