N-Europe

How are the Demo pods going to work?

demonmike04

At EIEF in Edinburgh (where I got to play Twilight Princess :heh:) the stylus' were attached the DS stand with a wire. I assume they'll fix a hook or something onto the end of it and tie it to something.

See image below for it it would work with the Revo... :)

untitled13pf.jpg

Why do i get the feeling blue tak won't keep it fixed?

ECTS WTF!?!?!?!........

Exactly what i was thinking.

Darkjak it was TGS, i think you knew that but wasnt sure of the name.

I guess the wire theory will be the safest way for nintendo to promote the revolution in demo's then, but i can still sense store managers whining about messy wires after some idiot plays around with it.

Exactly what i was thinking.

Darkjak it was TGS, i think you knew that but wasnt sure of the name.

I guess the wire theory will be the safest way for nintendo to promote the revolution in demo's then, but i can still sense store managers whining about messy wires after some idiot plays around with it.

Ooops...

My mistake.

On top of that they would need to have the nunchuku permanently attached.

On the up side since people would need more room to play the demos revolution might get a bigger chunk of the stores. On the down side the complications and the room issues might cause retaler not to get a revolution demo pod at all.

[...] The PSP at my game store was under strict supervision, when he told me the price I immediately gave it back to him and said no thanks, I'm not paying £20 to get one of those on launch.

...freudian? :laughing:

yeah i think it'll be a long wire... or another way could be that they put on the controller one of those metall thingies that make the thing after the cashier go *bleep* ... c'mon, you know what i mean! those things with a light attached on top, preventing you to steal something. argh, i surrender. :nono:

Nindendo will probably make special Demo Pod versions of the controllers, in which the attachments are unable to take out without a key or something (which the shop will own). There will be thick wires attaching the controller to the pod, and if the shop isnt stupid, maybe cameras :p

Cameras right above the tv pointed at the player so that their faces can be seen.

electromagnets at the exit so if someone tries to walk out with it then it gets stuck to the top of the door and can't be removed until the magnet is switched off.

Come again? I still remember playing on the N64 demo pods at dixons, and the GC pods in both gamestation and game.

There are 3 gamecubes and 1 GBA SP in my town, and 2 DS consoles. Thought the 1st DS was removed for space for the xbox 360.

It's not a big town either.. We used to play SSX3, mario golf, f-zero in virgin in our lessons off.

i thought nintendo already said something about demo pods? something like it wasnt suited to be experienced on a demo pod.

If they do decide on having the rev in demo pods then i hope they make a better job of it than they did with gamecube, they looked cheap and nasty (apart from the blue lighting).... most of the people who i worked with commented on how the cube was kiddy and never played it even when the shop was closed! er.. rogue leader kiddy??? madness