N-Europe

Wii U Premium factory reset

Alannaxbx

Hello

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but wondering if anyone knows, if I factory reset my Wii U will the preinstalled Mario Kart 8 that was on the console when purchased be deleted? Also I have Splatoon which was downloaded via a code included with the console when new. Will this be deleted by a factory reset?

Thanks

I would have assumed that both would be linked to an account somehow wouldn't they? Like if you buy Virtual Console games, they aren't just stored on your console, they are saved to your account?

I don't know for sure though I'm afraid.

Hello

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but wondering if anyone knows, if I factory reset my Wii U will the preinstalled Mario Kart 8 that was on the console when purchased be deleted? Also I have Splatoon which was downloaded via a code included with the console when new. Will this be deleted by a factory reset?

Thanks

I assume that you're looking to use the Delete All Content & Settings function here...

ss-gp-wiiugp-syssettingsformat-700x394.png

i.e, this option here

You will not lose any purchases if you use this option and you can re-link your NNID to another Mii user after doing so. You'll be able to redownload anything you've purchased after doing this.

Just don't delete the NNID itself (it's a separate option). Whatever you do, don't do this (that option WILL nuke your account and all your purchases completely, so don't use it!)

Do you know about whether it'd keep the MK8 that was pre-installed on it though, @Dcubed? I'm curious just for myself here mind :p

Yeah it will. It'll just be in your download list. Same applies for pre-installed 3DS games BTW.

Oh and BTW, the same also applies if you do a system transfer to or from a system that has a pre-installed game. It'll be re-downloadable afterwards.

You will not lose any purchases if you use this option and you can re-link your NNID to another Mii user after doing so. You'll be able to redownload anything you've purchased after doing this.

Are you sure about this, aren't purchases tied to the console?

Are you sure about this, aren't purchases tied to the console?

Purchases are linked to your NNID, not the console.

The issue with transfers is that the NNID itself is currently tied to the console, with no way of transferring the NNID to a different console other than by doing a local system transfer, or calling up Nintendo and asking them to do it remotely.

So as long as you don't delete/destroy the NNID itself, you can redownload all your existing purchases if you just link your NNID to the same console again.

take down the details of the console though, Nintendo need that to transfer the NNID and goodness only knows what the system will be when switch arrives - better safe than sorry

Just dug out this email for info you might need if in the future you want to retrieve software:

Thank you for recently contacting us regarding your Nintendo Network ID (NNID).

Please review the following list for the information required;

- Your full name

- NNID you wish to be moved:

- NNID email:

- D.o.B. on the account:

- Previous Serial Number:

- Wii U/3DS:

- Reason:

- Three recent digital purchases on this specific NNID:

Please note that if your previous/current 2DS/3DS has a pre-installed title and we disassociate your NNID, that title will not move with your NNID and will stay on the console.

For Wii U, if you have any purchases on Wii Mode these will not transfer over.

Additionally, by completing and returning this information you are aware your save data will also be lost.