NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Swapdoodle (3DS eShop)

Nikki's back in employment, guys!

Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played titles and your Mii™ character. You can also purchase in-game add-ons packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!

Doodle lessons allow you to trace beloved Nintendo characters from the Super Mario™ series, The Legend of Zelda™, Splatoon™, and more! With the right add-on, you can also draw more doodles per note, boost your note storage to over 6000, get more than 45 pen colors, and download stationaries featuring Nintendo characters. Put a piece of yourself in your art by sticking on a Mii face with various emotions to choose from. It’s also possible to share in-game screenshots with friends who also have the game and even create secret pages that are hidden until your friend replies. It’s always fun to see what doodles your friends are swapping!

– Swap messages and doodles with your Nintendo 3DS™ friends

– Purchase add-ons packs to enhance your doodles and learn to doodle Nintendo characters

– Take doodle lessons featuring characters from Splatoon™, The Legend of Zelda™, Super Mario ™, and more!

– Draw 3D doodles on 2 layers

– Place a sticker of your Mii character’s face with different emotions

– Send in-game screenshots from select titles

It's out today. Guess that's our replacement for Sun/Moon, huh?

Edited by Glen-i

Wow! Didn't think they'd ever try this kind of thing again after Letter Box, awesome news! :)

Yeah, genuinely surprised by this. Although there's no option for including camera snaps. (No surprise there)

Instead we're getting mini Art Academy style lessons. Nowhere near as in depth, but it's nice, might have to get a pack.

Sounds great, but a tad too late isn't it?! Might get it anyway.... Hope this is on Switch though. Saying that, be better if it was baked into the Instant Messaging service rather than an unnecessary separate app

Sent out my first Swapdoodle. :hehe:

Man, apart from the missing camera/mic features, this pretty much is Letter Box 2. :)

Great stuff. icon14.gif

We did it guys! We got Nikki back on the job! Way to go everyone! : peace:

Can't help but feel that this is probably near enough the worst time that they could released this, but oh well! It's gonna be great if we can get our old N-E Swapnoting shenanigans back up and going again... at least for three months :laughing: (though that being said, if we ended up getting Switchnote...)

Did Letterbox have IAP? Can't recall.

Nope. They did give out a few extra designs for free, but no paid DLC at all.

Sent out my first Swapdoodle. :hehe:

Man, apart from the missing camera/mic features, this pretty much is Letter Box 2. :)

At first I couldn't recall the mic feature. Then I suddenly remembered your Arnold Schwarzenegger recreations! Those were the days.

I like how it's possible to copy (and then mess with :heh:) your friend's doodles when replying to them, you can also use some of the DLC pens they may have purchased in this way too.

A couple of things I'm not too keen on though, firstly the loading times when sending/receiving notes. Pretty sure it didn't take that long in Letter Box... :blank:

I'm on the original XL though, so perhaps it's another one of those things that's improved with the New 3DS systems. ::shrug:

The other thing I'm not a fan of is the eraser tool, it does this rough edge thing which is really annoying when trying to create clean lines.

Still really glad Nintendo decided to revisit this kind of messaging app though. Not sure yet if I like it enough to invest in the pricey DLC, however, we shall see.

Would've been cool if they put some of that stuff up as My Nintendo rewards instead. :indeed:

the loading times when sending/receiving notes. Pretty sure it didn't take that long in Letter Box... :blank:

I'm on the original XL though, so perhaps it's another one of those things that's improved with the New 3DS systems. ::shrug:

If it's slower on the OG 3DS then it must feel like an eternity. I have a New 3DS and it takes what seems like an age for that blue bar to start moving to collect new letters.

One for @Glen-i.

Swapdoodle has allowed players to use Nintendo Badge Arcade badges within the software, with some exceptions – namely, Pokémon badges. As of a recent update, however, players can now use the Pokémon badges they earned in Nintendo Badge Arcade in Swapdoodle. 

tenor.gif

No-one bloody replies to my messages at this point. Not even my arty peeps on DA. When people who are into art no longer care, you know it's dead.

Yeah, I haven’t been on it in ages. Always suspected it was going to die pretty quickly though, it was just too late in the 3DS lifespan. :blank: Nintendo should’ve modified it for Switch, at least then more people would still be using it, and there would be some form of a messaging system for the console. ::shrug:

Sign in to follow this