N-Europe

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - The Telltale Series

Happenstance

• 1 year later...
Telltale's Marvel game is Guardians of the Galaxy

Telltale Games' upcoming Marvel game will be based on Guardians of the Galaxy.

Eurogamer first heard word of the game earlier this month, ahead of a likely unveiling at The Game Awards in December.

Previous years' ceremonies have seen various other Telltale titles receive their first trailers.

Now, Telltale's latest episodic game has popped up on a list of projects affected by the ongoing US voice-actor strike, officially listed as Guardians of the Galaxy - The Video Game aka. Blue Harvest (thanks, ComicBookMovie).

Blue Harvest is likely a fake working-title - just as it was used for Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

We haven't heard whether the game will follow Marvel's comics continuity or show the big-screen Marvel Cinematic Universe version.

The latter option would be timely, however, as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is due for release in cinemas during April next year. Telltale's project could act as a companion to the films.

Telltale told a similar type of story with its Game of Thrones series, which featured key actors from the TV show in a story set within its universe.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-14-telltales-marvel-game-is-guardians-of-the-galaxy

That must also be the reason why The Walking Dead is delayed. I wonder when we can expect this (I already forgot about it actually). I suspect it's also delayed, but then again, they were also already working on it, and they didn't have a specific release date. Plus Batman is halfway through, which means The Walking Dead will be their only running project in the first half of 2017. But I don't think we can expect it before or at the same time as the release of the film. I also wonder if they will use the MCU. I don't think so, Marvel has been careful with using the MCU outside of films, even the Netflix series are barely part of it, plus you'll need a canon version of the story (although, that doesn't really matter anyway). If they do use the MCU, they'll replace the voicecast, there's no way they're getting the original cast. Well maybe some of them, I can see Vin Diesel being a good sport about it, and he'd have the least work to do.

Quite happy about this. Was kind of hoping Star Wars would be their next one (no idea if that's feasible license-wise) so I guess this is the next best thing. Slightly odd one as Tales of the Borderlands has a kinda similar tone, and sits within the same broad genre.

Best outcome from the Marvel partnership for me though though tbh, as someone with zero interest in comic book movies. Kind of bums me out that they keep adding franchises rather than progressing with the ones that they have. I'd love another Thrones / Borderlands season.

Has anyone been playing Batman? Bought it last week off the strength of the other Telltale games I've played, looking forward to diving in.

I'll get Batman eventually, perhaps with Christmas. Game of Thrones will definitely get at least a 2nd season. But other than that no news there I believe. Borderlands.. is most likely not getting a 2nd season, even though to me it's probably the one I want the most.

• 3 weeks later...