NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Rumble World

I don't think there's enough April Ludgate gifs in the world to express my feelings but um... good for some people I guess?

I don't think there's enough April Ludgate gifs in the world to express my feelings but um... good for some people I guess?

You love the Rumble series really. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

You're the only person that does.

Personally I'm sick of the whole Pokémon franchise.

It took until the 16th post before someone actually indicated they want it. And besides, we've been over this before - NeoGAFs aren't people ;)

What platform would this be on? We already have one for the Wii U and the 3DS.

My money is on Wii U

Probably mobile. It actually wouldn't be a bad fit, considering how incredibly bare bones and basic the gameplay is (and how well it could be exploited for microtransactions, given the gachapon like mechanics already in place)

It's really sad that I have to actually consider that as a legitimate possibility now :(

Probably mobile. It actually wouldn't be a bad fit, considering how incredibly bare bones and basic the gameplay is (and how well it could be exploited for microtransactions, given the gachapon like mechanics already in place)

It's really sad that I have to actually consider that as a legitimate possibility now :(

It won't be mobile. I can guarantee that to you right now.

uhh not another, i got suckered into the first WiiU one and bought the little NFC figures only for the game to be even more tedious than a main line game

I'm glad its years between mainline games because i can't be bothered with all the spin offs now, they kill it for me.....mainly because there is potential for so many spin off that is wasted

The only question is whether they're still using those DISGUSTING POKEMON TOY MODELS!

I think about them and it makes me physically ill!

Anyone getting this Wednesday? Free to play, which sucks, but Rumble can be good mindless fun and it seems like they haven't skimped on the gameplay.

I'll definitely be getting it. It might not be the best of the Pokemon spinoffs, but I remember having fun with the first 3DS game and spending ages trying to collect all the toys. It's still actually one of the most played games in my activity log.

I'd prefer a paid download to free-to-play, but as long as you don't actually need to buy anything to progress I'm not too fussed. I haven't spent anything on Pokemon Shuffle and had no problems obtaining everything in that so far, so that's hopefully a good sign. If not, then if I haven't spent anything I've not lost anything.

Anyone getting this Wednesday? Free to play, which sucks, but Rumble can be good mindless fun and it seems like they haven't skimped on the gameplay.

*Looks back at my previous post*

Nope.

It still bugs me, especially knowing that the 3DS is most certainly capable of better models.

Plus, I found the WiiWare version a bit repetitve.

it seems like they haven't skimped on the gameplay.

There wasn't exactly much for them to skimp on. :heh:

Exciting battles await in Pokémon Rumble World! This new, downloadable game features cute, controllable Toy Pokémon to battle and befriend. Learn more about this free-to-start game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on our site!

There wasn't exactly much for them to skimp on. :heh:

Yup. Which is precisely why I could've seen it as a mobile F2P title. It has such basic gameplay that nothing of value would be lost in the transition to a capacitive touch screen anyway :p

Plus I fully expect the F2P trappings to be utterly gross, looking at what TPC did with Pokemon Shuffle. Utterly disgraceful that this is being allowed to happen to the Pokemon brand - crappy spinoff or not...

Yup. Which is precisely why I could've seen it as a mobile F2P title. It has such basic gameplay that nothing of value would be lost in the transition to a capacitive touch screen anyway :p

Plus I fully expect the F2P trappings to be utterly gross, looking at what TPC did with Pokemon Shuffle. Utterly disgraceful that this is being allowed to happen to the Pokemon brand - crappy spinoff or not...

This one's actually not that bad. 1750 PokéDiamonds for £13. Should get you through the game

Just topped up my game to the max amount, got the mine and the VIP cards. First VIP card will let you reinflate any balloon at any time for 1 PokéDiamond as opposed to the up to 4 PokéDiamonds. It costs 40 PokéDiamonds. Second VIP Card is 20 PokéDiamonds and lets you use Time Stop for 1 PokéDiamond rather than 2. This is clearly to help you get through the game once you hit the ceiling.

Overall, £20 spent. Can't spend anymore. That's about what I'd spend if it was a digital download title akin to Rumble U or the original

Just topped up my game to the max amount, got the mine and the VIP cards. First VIP card will let you reinflate any balloon at any time for 1 PokéDiamond as opposed to the up to 4 PokéDiamonds. It costs 40 PokéDiamonds. Second VIP Card is 20 PokéDiamonds and lets you use Time Stop for 1 PokéDiamond rather than 2. This is clearly to help you get through the game once you hit the ceiling.

Overall, £20 spent. Can't spend anymore. That's about what I'd spend if it was a digital download title akin to Rumble U or the original

And if you wanted to play it more than once?

... yeah...

And if you wanted to play it more than once?

... yeah...

Valid point. I didn't consider that

Well I'm enjoying this far more than I did the Wii U version, and I had to pay up front for that only to be disappointed by how much of a step backwards from the 3DS version it was. The pay features are definitely less obtrusive on this than on Shuffle, and unless you're seriously impatient (or happen to run a pokemon site) there's no reason I can see why you can't complete it without paying a penny, which is exactly what I intend to do. The gameplay isn't solid enough to hold up for long play sessions anyway, so the fact you have to wait to replay levels isn't that big an issue. As someone who takes their 3DS everywhere with them, I actually welcome games you can dip into and out of quickly, and if they want to give me a game I would have paid for for free I'm not going to complain about it.

Of course I have concerns over where this could lead in the future, but given the way the industry is going at the moment I don't really think they have much choice but to experiment like this. We'll just have to wait and see on that front.

New password. 100 Poké Diamonds: 71104779. You need to update to the new patch

CLq3_joXAAABS_F.png

An extra hand @VsPhoenix, if you're still playing :)

Edited by Serebii

I was really not expecting a content update for this game. Well, not one before adding Hoopa, at least. Pretty nice (although completely useless for me, having already caught all 719).

If only they'd add a stage where everything dropped, like, ten times more money... Or a store where you could sell Diamonds for money. Now THAT would be useful. :)