NEurope
flameboy

EastEnders Live!

Has anyone been watching this? What started as morbid curiosity into the mistakes has now brought about a whole set of some bizzaro misplaced feeling home sickness. Just wondered if anyone else had watched it?

I've not but my friend has essentially been live-whatsapping me the live happenings over the last few episodes, I'm sadly getting a bit morbidly curious myself! Probs gonna give the omnibus a crack over the weekend, hope they've let it in all its unedited live glory(the supressed dread on Jo Joyner's face from when she said the wrong name is just excellent shadenfreude).

Yup I've watched it.

Only because I started watching it again last year when Danny Dyer came into it (not for that reason ha) but the Carter family have been what was needed to bring some life back to the soap. It has got much better recently but is still too morbid for my liking.

So I have been really into the live week. Last nights reveal was brilliant I thought, but more than anything it was...

The return of Kathy Beale that blew my mind!! I was like oh my gooooood!! She was meant to have been killed years ago off screen but there she was. Loved it, and it completely overshadowed the Lucy thing)

I found the slip up that Tanya made when she asked Jane how Adam was instead of Ian (Ian's name in real life) absolutely hilarious!

But I think the acting has been very good for the most part and can't wait to watch tonight's episode now we know who actually did it.

This new producer has done some fantastic things for the soap. My problem with soaps in general is that you always know what's happening 2 weeks before it does what with soap critics, to guides, magazines etc giving you the info well before it airs. There is never an element of surprise. However the new producer has changed all that and last year and into this year ere has been huge surprises, returns of classic characters etc, all kept under wraps. I read that he said he loves American dramas and the fact that you're always left wanting more and always shocked and surprised whilst watching, and he wanted to bring some of that into a soap. And he has. The spoiler bit was incredible last night for me, even if it did leave me with loads of questions!

I sound like a huge soap fan here, ha, I'm not, but I was really into this story line and think it's been done pretty well.

Who woulda thought that would have been the killer!

I've got second hand info from my Girlfriend, and social media,

The killer........HA what a crap story line, i know they've done everything but the simpsons did it

I haven't watched Eastenders for years, but I watched the end portion of the first "live" episode, although apparently it was only live when the hashtag was on the screen, dunno if that's true or not. And it was basically Ian moping around and then saying "I know you killed Lucy" without having done any detective work that I saw. How much investigation did he actually do?

Second episode I was mainly thinking "that Lucy girl has a weird lanky boy body" and it was basically copying the first episode of Who Shot Mr. Burns, with all the characters milling about and some were angry and it was drawn out to boring lengths...

THEN CAME THE KILLER TWIST.

Too bad it was shit.

It was mainly watched as a filler before Brooklyn Nine-Nine and then bridging the gap between Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Weekly Wipe.

I haven't watched Eastenders for years, but I watched the end portion of the first "live" episode, although apparently it was only live when the hashtag was on the screen, dunno if that's true or not. And it was basically Ian moping around and then saying "I know you killed Lucy" without having done any detective work that I saw. How much investigation did he actually do?

Second episode I was mainly thinking "that Lucy girl has a weird lanky boy body" and it was basically copying the first episode of Who Shot Mr. Burns, with all the characters milling about and some were angry and it was drawn out to boring lengths...

THEN CAME THE KILLER TWIST.

Too bad it was shit.

It was mainly watched as a filler before Brooklyn Nine-Nine and then bridging the gap between Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Weekly Wipe.

Yeah this is true but tonights which starts in 10 mins is completely live!

I've come into cold did some Wikipedia reading to do some catching up as I couldn't work out why Ian and Jane were getting married because last I knew they were married!

As the killer....one thing that's confused me is there's a scene of police officer calling the killer and saying I know you did it?! Did she really call who now know to the killer?! Seems unlikely.

I was convinced....

she committed suicide as we saw her writing a note and was laid on the floor (on the sofa) a little too perfectly.

So things were really cool like most of the music being from 85 all week, the repeating of lines from years ago, naming that baby Pearl (30th wedding anniversary gift) it goes on...soaps perhaps don't get the credit but someone was clever.

Anyway if enough people on here watch the show I think I might start watching again in the hope this thread becomes semi active....no one in Canada gives a shit about Eastenders and even then it's months behind on TV.

I said it was him as a joke! It was pretty obvious as soon as they said Jane though.

Has anybody been checking out the 'Free Dot' memes. Some of them are pretty funny.

B-PS0PWIQAAk-XY.jpg

B-PN1ITIgAAmXiA.jpg

B-PGQ-0IQAA6i0Y.jpg

Edited by Animal

I have to say they did a bloody good job on today's episode dealing with the aftermath without actually saying who was the killer enabling the actors to film their scenes without knowing.

I have to say since the live week this show has really proven itself to be utter dross...the thing that has got me the most is Kat and her shitty clothes stall. All her clothes got robbed and then Mo uses compensation she falsely claimed in Kat's name to buy even more shitty clothes!

You didn't have to say either of those things, by the way.

You ultimately have free will.