NEurope
MoogleViper

Story collaboration - discussion and sign up

Okay, I've been thinking all night about the story. Sorry if it's shit, lol.

Aaand done. That was fun!

I hope y'all don't mind me naming 'her'.

I felt it was needed ha.

This is prob the most exciting thread ever though. Great idea MoogleViper!

I hope y'all don't mind me naming 'her'.

Oh man, I wanted to call her Tabatha McSquattson the third.

I just want it on the record, when it comes back around to me I'm not going to be as quick as you guys have been.

When you're ready, @drahkon.

There you go.

My my, I tried free writing my part. Set a timer to 4 minutes and without regard to punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc I just wrote. Afterwards I edited it a bit, of course.

It was fun :laughing:

@The Peeps, get back on this shit.

Also, guys, feel free to mention the next guy in the list (top of first post), as that might speed things up.

I'll get on it tonight tomorrow morning by the way.

Edit: Sorry, I'm tired.

Edited by Sméagol

Ok, so it's past morning. Anyway, I wish people payed more attention to continuity, as I now have to figure out why there is a barman in that guys condo.. But I'll figure something out.

edit: never mind, didn't read it all the way through yet.

edit: who's next, @S\.C\.G?

Edited by Sméagol

I think we lost the order of participation somewhat, I don't see how I could have been up next so I haven't posted again yet, there needs to be some clarification I think.

I think we lost the order of participation somewhat, I don't see how I could have been up next so I haven't posted again yet, there needs to be some clarification I think.

Current order of participation is here.

I've been mixing up the order. I didn't want it to be the same people following the same people every time. There's little rhyme or reason to it, I just pick random people who haven't had a turn in a while.

You are up next (but if you want I can push you back down the list a few places).

I knew it. I killed it.

Anyway, just a heads-up, I probably don't have the time to do another one within the next 9 days. If you want, you can keep me in the order, and if it's my time, I'll see if I can squeeze in an attempt, or otherwise I'll let you know as quickly as possible to pass it on.

Ah OK... well I've written something, someone else's turn! : peace:

I knew it. I killed it.

No you didn't, I just genuinely wasn't sure if it was actually my turn or not, now I know it's random order, all is fine, I'll write again whenever someone next gives me a shout. :)

Don't want to sound like an old nag.. But I do want to bring up continuity again. Aneres already established our protagonist did in fact already kill someone else.

Do we care about continuity? If we do, we may want to get more organised about it, with timelines or such. If not, than forget I said anything :p.

Rules

- Do not ignore, go against or retcon anybody's previous entry

Continuity is important so I guess an edit is in order?

Why do I get the feeling, I've messed this up somehow? :p

When I said that the protagonist hadn't killed anyone or anything, it's more a rambling of disbelief, that's not to say that he didn't... I was merely expressing his denial and adding in an element of perceived hallucination. ::shrug:

I certainly wasn't meaning to go against anyone's previous entry, just trying to work with what's there, it's hard to take in all of the events and remember each detail with story-telling of this fashion.

It's still a fantastic idea, I just think perhaps the rules need to be clarified a bit more, in any case if I've broken any of them then just disregard my last entry and carry on, I don't wish to inadvertently ruin this creative process, it was just all I could think of at the time of writing. : peace:

how would I tell her that I already have?

"I'm not a murderer, I've never killed anything or anyone in my life!"

I think Peeps and Smeagol are right. Aneres had the character admit to killing somebody just hours ago, so I don't see how the main character could have forgotten/be in disbelief now. Disbelief at how the guy could know, sure, but not that he'd done it.

@S\.C\.G do you want to edit this part to correct it?

@Sméagol, I was just going to keep it fluid and hope to correct things as they arise. But if you want to create some sort of timeline/spreadsheet then I'm sure we'd all be more than welcome.

I get what @S\.C\.G. was trying to convey, but I also agree that with the phrasing he used it can be a bit too confusing.

I'm sorry that I've tried to set the scene for a backstory this early. It seems to be too early as people (including me) already get confused :hmm: My idea also wasn't the best for this kind of project (i.e. collaboration). I should've concluded this episode myself and not let others continue it. That's where the confusion arose apparently. :blank:

And now - following a reasonable edit - the story may continue. : peace:

I've kind of started a new chapter. I'm not sure whether you guys want to include chapter breaks, or just keep it going. Personally I think it would help, but not sure how we would organise it. Unless we just leave it to the decision of whomever is currently writing. What do you think?

Anyway, @Ashley is up.

Well I for one am RAAAAAGING this has fallen flat. Also blaming @Ashley. :heh:

I'm happy to carry it on if need be? I was so enjoying it!!