N-Europe

Return of the Zelda Symphony!

EEVILMURRAY

Tempted. Quite tempted.

Dedede's interested, pushing me certainly into territory of getting tickets. They go on sale tmw? How fast did they go last time? Anyone know how shit the cheapest tickets are??

From da link provided :blank:

Price: £24.50 - £112.75

Onsale: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 - 09:00 GMT

From da link provided :blank:

Price: £24.50 - £112.75

Onsale: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 - 09:00 GMT

Aye, but how shit are teh cheap cheap ones?

I think me Dedede and Marcamillian are definitely going to be going.

Edited by Rummy

Almost literally only just woke up.

Literally did just buy tickets for me and four fellow heroes of courage though! £40 ea all in with fees etc, sitting in the east stand or something? Basically facing the stage but in the back seating bit.

Who else coming from the N-E crew? Might have a little shindig post depending on the times etc.

Edited by Rummy

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So I haven't been active for a while now, but I just wanted to let me ol' chaps down at the Nyurp Pub know that I just came back from this evening of eargasms.

I had already been to the first world tour in Paris a few years ago, so I was wondering what new pieces they would stick in there and given the fact that A Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask 3D had come out since then, I had high hopes we'd get some orchestrated pieces based on the tracks of those games as well.

Once again, the orchestra did not dissapoint, and when all was said and done they gave us 3 or 4 encores with music that I'd thought this orchestra wouldn't touch.

Stuff like an orchestrated version of Dragon Roost Island or the Deku Palace in Majora's Mask.

It left me with good hopes for the future in which they might include even more experimental pieces into the line-up.

There was only little focus on A Link Between Worlds, and a little nod to Tri-Force Heroes in the beginning. Most of the show I had heard before in Paris and on the CD, but they still felt new and updated in a way with a lot of gravitas to them.

Especially the Twilight Princess section, that game really lends itself to an orchestrated score.

One of my favourite moments has always been during the A Link to the Past section where Link enters the dark world in the game which can be seen behind the orchestra. Then the orchestra slowly starts to build up that Dark World theme and at its climax, the conductor commands everyone to silence and then ..... TA-DAAAAAA, TA-DUM DUM TA-DA-DAAAAAA THE DARK WORLD THEME! Classic!

A great crowd-pleasing moment is also when the conductor pulls out the Wind Waker to conduct her musicians.

--------------------

My gaming adventures are slowly heading towards the bare minimum, and I've gotten to the point where I have a hard time playing a game by myself on a home console.

I'm working my way through A Link Between Worlds currently and luckily it is captivating me mightily and has affirmed what I had already thought: If it is so that I play less and less games, then at least try and stay up-to-date with the Zelda franchise for it has an godly charm to it which spans 2 decades and holds a special place in my heart.

So that is what I will try.

Because BY GOD do I love me some Legend of Zelda.