NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

WiiU Sticker Achievements

Have I missed something? What are these 'stickers' you're all taking about?

So...I'm a bit lost but feel as if I shouldn't be given I'm an actual Wii U owner! Can someone explain this sticker/stamp system to me? Maybe in the context of MK8 or SM3DW as I have those two games. What do you get stickers for, what do you get stamps for, how do you know when you've gotten them?

Stamps are useless, well they're not for me at least. The trophies sound much better. I don't know how old most people are on this forum, most I'd say aren't old enough to remember "fancy paper"? That's what the girls in school would collect and swap, that's what stamps remind me of. No thanks.

Possibly no different from football stickers the boys had. I collected Mighty Max stickers and Star Wars Tazos.

Anyways. Stickers and stamps - Fucking stupid and pointless. A small lil window saying what I'd done is enough for me.

Fin.

I like being able to use stamps in Miiverse. Gives them a bit more purpose than gotta grind them all, even though I guess that's what sadly appeals to the COD generation.

The impression I get is that Stamps/Stickers differ from Trophies?

In SM3DW the stamps are obtained by finding them within the level, a collectable really. Whereas my experience is with Trophies that you unlock them by fulfilling certain conditions.

Edited by Blade

I hardly ever use Miiverse (and the Wii U) these days so stamps have no use for me.

I collected them all on Mario Kart as a way to 100% complete the game.

While not obsessed with them, on the PS4, I do find it rewarding unlocking a trophy and comparing what trophies I have for a game with others.

The impression I get is that Stamps/Stickers differ from Trophies?

In SM3DW the stamps are obtained by finding them within the level, a collectable really. Whereas my experience is with Trophies that you unlock them by fulfilling certain conditions.

Ah yes, of course, in Mario kart they're more like trophies. Sort of, you get them for doing stuff, but they're not wildly different things like trophies often are

Sorry but still... what stickers!?

The thread title is using incorrect terminology just to confuse us all ;) basically what's being referred to are the 'Stamps' that you get in some Wii U games that you unlock for fulfilling certain requirements.

Personally I think the system it fine as it is, if Nintendo want to expand it to include something which binds them all together in one place then that's fine by me but if not then... oh well? ::shrug: I'll still be playing the games which is what matters more than these secondary, superfluous extras which although are nice and even include new ways to get more out of the game are still just that... extra, optional challenges regardless of what form they take on any machine. :indeed:

Wouldn't mind a sticker book on the gamepad you can flip through to see a player's accomplishments for each game.

Ahhh stamps...

I like them, but you should be able to use them in MiiVerse in general, not just in game.

It'd be a nice way to use them. I can't use my SM3DW stamps any more as I sold the game. .. not fair!?

Sign in to follow this