NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Splatfest has started, isn't it?

yup. I'm finding it more grindy with the power stat up there... not sure if that is because it is there or if the game is less fun though

I will start playing in 5-10mins, I hope at least, unless my daughter wakes up and she keeps doing it.....

What are power levels?

I will start playing in 5-10mins, I hope at least, unless my daughter wakes up and she keeps doing it.....

What are power levels?

you get ranked as a team so the game matches you with a team with a power close to your teams.... It took me a while to find a good team.. finally got one... and the game drops out ><

But why 1000+, why not just add rank values? It's not really important, just an obeservation.

EDIT: I had a great night, a lot more wins than losses, but now I will play some XCX as I am preparing for a movie with my wife.

Got to King (Team Jetpack) but I'm unsure about this new power level stuff. Also a a few disconnects tonight and also being matched against other Team Jetpack players, rather then Team Hoverboard.

I hate disconnects when I get a good team... I was top pretty consistently, but also lost pretty consistently. I had one or two awesome teams I really enjoyed, but ended up quitting because I couldn't be doing with the rubbish teams :( I should have started earlier!

about 22 points from being a King but it just wasn't as fun as past splatfests, I found myself in teams that just... yeah : / I almost managed to break 2k in one match - that shouldn't really happen unless there's a team mate disconnected in my experience.

I had no connection problems, so that was good, but just started to late.

Team Hoverboard here. Been trounced in most games. Predicting a total loss tomorrow. Unsure of the new system, feels less fun somehow.

when I play people from here more often than not there is a big jump in skill of my opponents... so it is likely we are all in the top in regards to skill on splatoon... so I imagine for us this splatfest has been tougher simply because we were more evenly matched. For less able players it may have been more fun because they were able to win one or two matches :P

I had an horrendous run starting at 1400, I'm ended at 1310... definitely lost more than i won.

Also felt like a chore to play, so I quit

I had an horrendous run starting at 1400, I'm ended at 1310... definitely lost more than i won.

Also felt like a chore to play, so I quit

I'm glad it's not just me.. I really do think this "power" idea is off... probably implemented to help out weaker players. The problem is that you still get ranked as a team. That means a strong player in an incredibly weak team will lose points because the team let them down, or a very weak player may win points just thanks to their team.

Definitely felt like a chore... I looked how close I was to "King" but then realised it wasn't fun... and quit out.

They need to work on the points to power up. maybe introduce a 1000p and 1800p point to gain an extra +2p... so getting 400 = +2, 1000 = +4 and 1800 = +6. would make being placed in a crap team much less of an issue, and would reflect your contribution more.

I'm glad it's not just me.. I really do think this "power" idea is off... probably implemented to help out weaker players. The problem is that you still get ranked as a team. That means a strong player in an incredibly weak team will lose points because the team let them down, or a very weak player may win points just thanks to their team.

Definitely felt like a chore... I looked how close I was to "King" but then realised it wasn't fun... and quit out.

They need to work on the points to power up. maybe introduce a 1000p and 1800p point to gain an extra +2p... so getting 400 = +2, 1000 = +4 and 1800 = +6. would make being placed in a crap team much less of an issue, and would reflect your contribution more.

I also hate this new system. Ended up at just over 1410 but lost so many games because of a weak team.

I don't understand the logic of making a non-competitive game mode competitive.

Turf war is a bit of fun, but it's dumb luck. You can play amazingly for 2 mins 30 seconds and lose. It all hangs on the last 30 seconds, possibly less.

Without an objective being measured throughout the whole match you may as well make the matches 30 seconds long if your trying to make it competitive, at least then your whole effort would count for something.

If they wanna make splatfest better they should introduce other game modes.

I don't understand the logic of making a non-competitive game mode competitive.

Turf war is a bit of fun, but it's dumb luck. You can play amazingly for 2 mins 30 seconds and lose. It all hangs on the last 30 seconds, possibly less.

Without an objective being measured throughout the whole match you may as well make the matches 30 seconds long if your trying to make it competitive, at least then your whole effort would count for something.

If they wanna make splatfest better they should introduce other game modes.

I was thinking of this. We only lost once yesterday where we were outplayed, the rest was after we were leading for most of the time and then made some mistakes like silly dropping of the platform or things like that.

Trying to grind... 16 away from King but... yeah :/

I have a good team, hopefully we won't suffer from disconnects...

10... so 5 or 2 games from king and 18 shells... I can do it :P

Edited by Pestneb

I don't think the power level means too much. You can have a team of experienced guys on a loosing streak and another of average players on a winning roll. Personally, I like the transparency of it.

this morning feels less grindy.. I only have to paint 400p next match and I'm a King though so that probably influences things a lot :P

It definitely has affected me.

I forgot about the people who put beacons on spawn, follow you painting the same turf, paint the water, ignore the main place in the level that needs holding to win in favour of that tiny little corner that might net you 1%, give away your position by firing everywhere when your sneaking up on someone, bust out an ink strike in the wide open to get killed instantly.

I've seen all of that this splatfest. Repetitively.

And yet I'm still playing when I reached king a while ago.

I have an issue :D

On another note. I can't wait for the fresh squiffer. I'm not a fan of either special on the current builds. Don't mind the subs, but would like something to pressure with to help with positioning. Kraken is pretty decent to give you a free re-position too.

Reached max Hoverboard rank against my sanity and better judgement. Not expecting a win but the matches toward the end really picked up a bit.

I gotta say that was very frustrating at times. I'd work my way up to a decent rank for the game to suddenly get unstable and either disconnect me or it would suddenly become so laggy that its close to impossible to win anything for several games. Once I'd lost a bunch of matches, the game becomes stable again and I work my way up to a decent rank only for it to happen all over again.

On the plus side I hit level 50:

gpdhjAO.jpg

Team Hoverboards Won. Congrats!

AB2sUX5.jpg

Edited by Helmsly
Automerged Doublepost

I can't believe it. :-( I had such a good run...

You were lucky then - due to disconnects I was forced to experience a range of teams and I can tell you that overall team jet pack were quite disappointing.

Still, 18 shells, spent them all already, waiting for the next splatfest! (hopefully the power rating will go or be tweaked!!)