NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

EA Press Conference Thread - 8PM

Looool, avoid Twitch at all costs for the presentations you really care about, just in case any one was considering them.

Good service, just way too ambitious with their independent content that they missed the Battlefront reveal.

Man that Mass Effect music. There's nothing quite like it. Didn't realise how much I wanted more from that series until I heard it again.

Had to give up on the streams for watching this. The social media streams running alongside the video were just killing my laptop so I missed pretty much all of the couple of minutes I saw (and do we really need them? The one running on Spike during Microsoft's conference was just idiots spamming "PC Master race" or racist comments). At least I got to see the small bits of Mass Effect. And that track, Vigil, just such a great piece of music.

I'll just have to catch up on what was shown/Mirror's Edge once trailers hit in a bit.

Will say though, I do like what EA have done in terms of showing something that's coming within the next couple of months but then also giving us a look at some of the concept stuff for games coming further down the line. Nice little touch that actually I'd like to see more of rather than simply putting out a CG trailer and ending it with "Coming Soon".

What the fuck was up with the cheers from the crowd? Is EA that fucking stupid to think that we'll think those are genuine cheers of excitement? It's more like a big publisher losing its grip trying to convince the audience that their work is unparalleled by others.

Edited by Debug Mode

I was hoping for more on Mirror's Edge 2... gutted!

The cheers were annoying, the conference was really good.

Showing early gameplay/ingame footage was a nice change.

So, conference in review. It was all right, missed the big reveal I was waiting for but apparently they showed jack shit so I didn't miss much. Presented their games well, sports range was typical tripe but their fantasy courses for golf was actually a pretty good surprise.

High point: FIFA NOW HAS GRASS, launching the beta immediately after the presentation

Low point: Kinda boring, absolutely embarrassingly obvious shilling from the crowd.

4/10

It was disappointing that they showed so little of some games, but it was great seeing early gameplay footage instead of fake CGI trailers. Much better than the Microsoft one.

Although the Hardline beta doesn't seem to be appearing in most people's accounts. I have an order confirmation.

Seriously the best bit of E3 so far has just been listening to this again

Thinking of the "Fantasy courses" in the Golf games. If they had a Mass Effect cours with different levels of gravity, I'd end up buying it.

I thought the Hardline video looked great. I'm in the mood for something of this type.

Didn't think it was a bad conference at all, I thought EA got the balance right between showing off their sports titles and then their other stuff. Will most likely be getting FIFA, too. Would have liked to have seen more from Mirror's Edge and that Criterion game.

Actually, I'd love to see EA expand the fantasy stuff to other sports games.

Actually, I'd love to see EA expand the fantasy stuff to other sports games.

Playing Fifa on the moon, lawl.

It's a decent idea as an unlockable or something, an extra mode. Pretty sure EA could pull it off and have it as a nice distraction to the main simulation side of things.

Sign in to follow this