NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Was an official reason ever given for not allowing screenshots on Miiverse?

XYORAS has a feature that uses the 3DS camera.

Most games that do that don't allow screenshots in Miiverse

XYORAS has a feature that uses the 3DS camera.

Most games that do that don't allow screenshots in Miiverse

I didn't know that. Makes a lot of sense that Nintendo would do it though. Rather than allowing you to take screenshots but automatically set them to be hidden in the post.

I didn't know that. Makes a lot of sense that Nintendo would do it though. Rather than allowing you to take screenshots but automatically set them to be hidden in the post.

Also don't forget that XY predates Miiverse on 3DS so couldn't have bits coded to block home menu opening in anticipation, and ORAS was built on the same structure as XY.

Maybe Z will allow it, it's hard to say.

Ah, never got round to getting a Hoopa code. Oh well, looks like I'll be waiting for the WiFi distribution.

Ah, never got round to getting a Hoopa code. Oh well, looks like I'll be waiting for the WiFi distribution.

It might just be your lucky day...

I happen to have a spare code at my house.

Although, you'll have to wait until tomorrow for me to get it. I'll PM it to you.

EDIT: Oh, wait... Will a code still work now? @Serebii?

Although, you'll have to wait until tomorrow for me to get it. I'll PM it to you.

Code works until January :)

tumblr_nq2o6lc0Kp1s7widdo1_250.gif

That would be great if you still have it, thanks!

Interesting news this.

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

Basically, over the course of 2016, Mythical Pokemon will be distributed once a month to X/Y and OR/AS.

Basically these are Pokemon that are generally not available through normal methods unless you happened to catch one of those events. (Mew and the like)

This is the perfect opportunity to be a nutter like me and complete your Pokedex legitimately.

It's only confirmed for America at the moment, but I'll be very surprised if Europe doesn't end up following suit.

Anyway, here's the scheduling.

February: Mew (Gamestop)

March: Celebi (Nintendo Network)

April: Jirachi (Nintendo Network)

May: Darkrai (Gamestop)

June: Manaphy (Nintendo Network)

July: Shaymin (Nintendo Network)

August: Arceus (Gamestop)

September: Victini (Nintendo Network)

October: Keldeo (Nintendo Network)

November: Genesect (Gamestop)

December: Meloetta (Nintendo Network)

Brackets indicate the method of distribution.

Edited by Glen-i

So GAME in the UK if it comes, who'll try and make you buy something or pre-order something

Still a nice thing, might encourage me to play one again (although i'd prefer a new game or third version)

So GAME in the UK if it comes, who'll try and make you buy something or pre-order something

Still a nice thing, might encourage me to play one again (although i'd prefer a new game or third version)

As much as I dislike GAME (And believe me, that's a lot), the one DCubed and I usually visit tend to just give us the codes, no questions asked.

Anyway, this has now been confirmed to be happening in Europe, no specifics about distribution method, but it is happening.

Interesting news this.

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

Basically, over the course of 2016, Mythical Pokemon will be distributed once a month to X/Y and OR/AS.

Basically these are Pokemon that are generally not available through normal methods unless you happened to catch one of those events. (Mew and the like)

This is the perfect opportunity to be a nutter like me and complete your Pokedex legitimately.

It's only confirmed for America at the moment, but I'll be very surprised if Europe doesn't end up following suit.

Anyway, here's the scheduling.

Brackets indicate the method of distribution.

It has indeed been confirmed to be coming to Europe now. No word on how it's going to be distributed yet though...

I'd be shocked if GAME weren't involved though... I suspect that it'll look mostly similar to the US one (just replace Gamestop with GAME)

At least all 6 legendaries I don't have are all on Nintendo Network. Hope the UK version for the same as the US one.

With the serial code events, can you get multiple of the same 'Mon provided you have multiple codes? The guy at GAME asked me how many codes I wanted.

With the serial code events, can you get multiple of the same 'Mon provided you have multiple codes? The guy at GAME asked me how many codes I wanted.

It's 1 per save file.

Ah, I was thinking about getting more codes if you could redeem more than one.

You got lucky.

Our GAME told us "1 per customer"

You got lucky.

Our GAME told us "1 per customer"

Really? The last time I went into game to get a Pokémon download code they just aked me how many I wanted.

I was going to ask, if anyone's in Game and feels like getting a couple of codes for me and my bro then I'd be most grateful - we have a Game store but it's a 40 minute bus ride away in a town I don't tend to go to much any more - if not then no worries but I thought I'd ask just in case anyone is going in there anyway. ::shrug:

The event runs until the end of the month doesn't it? There's a chance I might go in there before February 28th but it's unlikely to be a special trip, even if it is Mew... but then it is Mew, the Pokémon which I would have once travelled a reasonable distance to receive in the days of Red & Blue when the distirbution machine was an actual SNES was it not? And you had to physically connect a cartridge to it in order to get that elusive 151st creature, I used to love the concept of it. :)

Nowadays it just sounds like such a cold process, here's your piece of paper and off you go! Back out into the harsh world. :p

Really? The last time I went into game to get a Pokémon download code they just aked me how many I wanted.

It's strange though, that normally happens with us as well. But for some reason, GAME wouldn't give us an extra one that day.

First time that's actually happened. @Ugh first aid was... less than pleased.

I was going to ask, if anyone's in Game and feels like getting a couple of codes for me and my bro then I'd be most grateful - we have a Game store but it's a 40 minute bus ride away in a town I don't tend to go to much any more - if not then no worries but I thought I'd ask just in case anyone is going in there anyway. ::shrug:

The event runs until the end of the month doesn't it? There's a chance I might go in there before February 28th but it's unlikely to be a special trip, even if it is Mew... but then it is Mew, the Pokémon which I would have once travelled a reasonable distance to receive in the days of Red & Blue when the distirbution machine was an actual SNES was it not? And you had to physically connect a cartridge to it in order to get that elusive 151st creature, I used to love the concept of it. :)

Nowadays it just sounds like such a cold process, here's your piece of paper and off you go! Back out into the harsh world. :p

Oh yeah! I remember those things...

qyczX.png

It was basically a SNES with a Super Game Boy stuffed inside a cabinet, but I always loved how it looked like one of the machines you'd actually see in the games themselves! :D

It's not quite the same these days, but it's pretty cool that they'll be doing Mew distribution for RBY VC anyway (and even via old school methods too! ;) )