N-Europe

Weapon Shop de Omasse

RedShell

Anyone else get this game today?

I've only played it for a little while in-between DK, but it seems pretty fun.

Still not sure exactly what kind of game it is though, it's sort of like an RPG/Management sim/Rhythm game all rolled into one. :heh: Which is actually pretty cool.

Dialogue is humorous too. icon14.gif

And this made me laugh quite a bit:

PWCKkpK.jpg

:laughing:

Currently downloading in sleep mode, probs won't get round to playing until the weekend though.
You're gonna love it I reckon, any RPG fan will get a kick out of this game. ;)

I'm not exactly a huge fan of the genre, but am really enjoying this.

Having spent a bit more time with it and getting used to the flow of the game, I'll have a go a explaining it to those that might still be wondering what it's about.

Basically you have to run a weapon rental service for various customers that are characters in RPG games. :D Customers will randomly appear at your shop throughout the day and place an order for a weapon, you then need to check their quest info to see what kind of weapon type they prefer and what sort of monsters they'll be facing on the quest. The customer will then leave the shop, giving you some time to forge the weapon.

That's when the rhythm aspect of the gameplay comes in, because to forge weapons you have to time your hammer hits on a molten block of metal to the music. You also need to be aware of the placement of those hits though, as striking the same spot repeatedly is not effective, so the weapon will take longer to make and will be less powerful, durable, etc...

You also need to keep an eye on the heat of the metal (although this hasn't been an issue for me so far, but that could just be because it's early days, and the weapons are still low level) and you'll need to cool the weapon once it has taken shape.

When the customer returns to the shop, you hand over the weapon and off they go. This is were the game starts to get funny (not to mention a bit confusing) as each weapon you rent is fitted with a device that enables you to listen in to the adventures of the person that rented the weapon! :grin:

A live feed of dialogue (aptly named the Grindcast :heh:) is always rolling once a weapon has been rented, enabling you to keep track of how each quest is going. You can see when customers encounter enemies, when they attack or get attacked, stuff like that. It's pretty entertaining. :hehe:

The thing with the Grindcast though, is that it's always running no matter what you're currently doing in the shop. And as more and more customers rent weapons and all of their quest activity is added to the Grindcast feed, it can get a bit messy. I believe there are options to slow down or stop the flow of text though (as there are to speed it up) and you can also filter it to only show certain characters.

The game can also get a bit confusing when you have multiple orders and need to remember what weapon you made for which character. In addition to that, you often get random NPCs appearing in the store that want a weapon right away! So if you don't have one already made and in stock, you're out of luck.

Anyway, if a character beats the quest that he/she was on, they return the weapon to you, plus a rental fee and sometimes materials. But if they fail, you lose the weapon and get no reward. So you need to make sure you kit them out with the right/decent gear.

Weapons that have been returned will level up (as will the characters that borrowed them) and you can also polish the weapons to further increase these stats and get them ready for their next rental. :awesome:

At the end of each day your shop is given a rating depending on how well you did, then you just repeat the process, serving more customers, making better weapons.

So that's more or less what you do in this game, manage the shop and read the humorous adventures of your customers on the Grindcast. It's repetitive, there's not much to the actual gameplay and it's super niche, but it's strangely addictive and at times very funny. Definitely a nice game to check out, if you're into the RPG genre though.

: peace:

Edited by RedShell

Well I enjoyed the Torneko segment in Dragon Quest IV where you ran his shop. :p

I do think it's interesting concept, you don't really think what it likes to be on the other side of the counter.

Does the game have an ending do you know? Like when you reach a certain rank, or helped the adventurers defeat a final boss or some kind?

Grindcast

Nice. :laughing:

Does the game have an ending do you know? Like when you reach a certain rank, or helped the adventurers defeat a final boss or some kind?
Not sure, but there's something called the Evil Lord Meter in the top right-hand corner of the screen and it's gradually filling up. So yeah, I guess something is going to go down once it does. :hehe:

There is an overall progress percentage for the weapon collection too and you can also earn titles (that can be added to weapon names) plus decorations (which you occasionally receive as quest rewards) to decorate your shop. :)

Sounds different - how much is it though?
£7.19

LMAO! I love the idea. If only I had rhythm...
Trust me, you've got the rhythm for this. :)

Weapon crafting doesn't take very long at all, less than a minute, sometimes just a few seconds.

And there's also a visible guide for the timings, so you don't have to rely on the music.

"I'll talk to the NPCs around town and see if have something different to say" :laughing:

Nailed it! Wish I screenshot'd it. They really did do a great job localising this. Spotted a Dragon Quest reference early on as well.

Still trying to get used to the mechanics, not if I should always be doing something in between customers yet.

"I'll talk to the NPCs around town and see if have something different to say" :laughing:

Nailed it! Wish I screenshot'd it. They really did do a great job localising this. Spotted a Dragon Quest reference early on as well.

Yeah, the writing is brilliant. icon14.gif

Caught this on the Grindcast earlier which really made me laugh:

zlCfzRii_xUCgYi7hE

:laughing:

Still trying to get used to the mechanics, not if I should always be doing something in between customers yet.
I normally forge any weapons that I don't have in stock (not anymore though, as I've now made all the ones that are currently available :heh:) or polish weapons in between customers.

It's amazing how such monotonous activities can be so enjoyable, but I really do enjoy playing this game. :hehe:

Up to level 7 weapons now, and the crafting process is getting a bit more complex, which is good. I hope it reaches a point where it becomes a struggle to keep the metal heated while still accurately timing/placing your hits. :D

I've also noticed that the Evil Lord progress bar is almost full! Gonna be interesting to see what happens. :bouncy:

This game sounds amazing!! I'd download it if I didn't have so many other games to play... I know this'll be on sale at some point... Hate thinking like that, but it's true!

Just started playing Attack of The Friday Monsters... really cute, kind of beautiful game. Not much to PLAY and it holds your hand the whole way (it seems) but the story and depth of theme is amazing!

Defeated the Evil Lord! Well, the weapon that I made did. :heh:

Gameplay time to do so was just under 9 hours.

zlCfzRiwU2MTot_VJM

The ending (if you can call it that :hehe:) was very short, and even more bizarre. But fits with the rest of the game I suppose. :grin:

You can choose to continue your save file after the Evil Lord is defeated, which I have done.

It looks like beating him with the remaining main characters will do something, not expecting it to be much though. :D

It also seems that Level 7 was the highest weapon level you can make, which is a bit disappointing, as the crafting process never got tricky enough in my opinion. :hmm: I've seen some quests which are Level 8 & 9 though, so perhaps higher level versions of the existing weapons will become available in the post-game. ::shrug:

Doubt there will be any more new weapons though, as my collection is at 100%.

Anyway, I had a right laugh with this game, so am very happy I downloaded it. Definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea though, but like I said before, if you're a fan of the RPG genre, chances are you'll love it.

zlCfzRiwU2MTot_VJM

The ending (if you can call it that :hehe:) was very short, and even more bizarre. But fits with the rest of the game I suppose. :grin:

You can choose to continue your save file after the Evil Lord is defeated, which I have done.

It looks like beating him with the remaining main characters will do something, not expecting it to be much though. :D

It also seems that Level 7 was the highest weapon level you can make, which is a bit disappointing, as the crafting process never got tricky enough in my opinion. :hmm: I've seen some quests which are Level 8 & 9 though, so perhaps higher level versions of the existing weapons will become available in the post-game. ::shrug:

Doubt there will be any more new weapons though, as my collection is at 100%.

Anyway, I had a right laugh with this game, so am very happy I downloaded it. Definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea though, but like I said before, if you're a fan of the RPG genre, chances are you'll love it.

How much time would you say you got out of it?

How much time would you say you got out of it?

;)

Plus there are still a few collectables to obtain and quests to beat. And even just going back and creating master versions of weapons (only managed 1 so far) or weapons with special attributes/attacks is fun. So there's probably a few more hours left in the game before everything is 100% complete, or I get bored. :hehe:

But did imply post game content so I presume there's more.
Yep, not sure exactly how much more, but will keep you posted.

Someone replied to my Miiverse post with:

And now comes the hard part.

Hopefully they're right. As the game was never really difficult at all, and I only ever lost a few weapons (aka failed quest) in my entire playthrough up to the Evil Lord.

Christ I read that whole post and somehow completely missed that! What the hell is wrong with me! My apologies :x

Might pick it up at some point, atm I'm still trying to be good on purchases however so I'll try to keep it in mind for a later date(or possible sale, def pick it up then if it goes...)

Might pick it up at some point, atm I'm still trying to be good on purchases however so I'll try to keep it in mind for a later date(or possible sale, def pick it up then if it goes...)

Yeah I'm the same, and like all the other Guild games this will definitely go on sale at some point. The problem is it sounds so good..

Christ I read that whole post and somehow completely missed that! What the hell is wrong with me! My apologies :x
No worries. :)

Yeah I'm the same, and like all the other Guild games this will definitely go on sale at some point. The problem is it sounds so good..
Speaking of sounding good, the music in this game really is top-notch. But unfortunately there's not much of it. :hmm:

This is still definitely my favourite tune:

:bouncy:

Anyway, just to update on the post-game stuff, 1 word will describe it perfectly, and that word is Grinding. :zzz::heh:

Yep, that's basically what you need to do once the Evil Lord has been defeated with all the main characters, because...

...you enter Endless Evil Lord Mode!:

zlCfzRi76jUVjrAeMu

And the quest to take him on again is set at Level 10! :o

That's right, 3 levels higher that any weapon you own. It is possible to defeat him again with a Lv7 weapon (I've done it once) but you're much more likely to fail.

So you need higher level weapons. And how do you get those? By renting out your existing Lv7 stock to gradually level it up. Which takes quite a long time to do.

So far I've only managed to get one weapon up to Lv8, and that was after 10+ rentals!

Also you really need to be careful not to lose any of the weapons you're trying to level up, otherwise you need to make a new one and start from Lv7 all over again! :shakehead So yeah, it's best not to save your game until a weapon you're working on is safely back in your possession. I learnt that the hard way. :hehe:

Other than taking on the Evil Lord again, the main characters can also go on various item/material hunting quests, set at Levels 8 & 9. There appear to be a few materials that I'm yet to obtain, and a lot more in my inventory that I haven't even used while forging!

These include items to increase specific stats, add a variety of status effects to a weapon, or even change the colour of the metal! :awesome:

So yeah, not sure how much longer I'll get out of this game now, the only unlockables left to collect are a couple of custom titles/decorations. And I dunno if I've got the patience to level up weapons just to get those. :blank:

@Ike, how are you getting on?