NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - November 13th - 16:00 GMT

"Q: I have used Nintendo eShop in different regions, and I have funds in multiple currencies in my balance. What will happen to these funds after I register a Nintendo Network ID?

A: After registering a Nintendo Network ID, you will be unable to change regions and use multiple currencies – for instance, pounds and euros – in Nintendo eShop. The funds in the currency that corresponds to the country setting of your Nintendo Network ID will remain, and any funds in other currencies will be deleted and no longer usable. Please make sure to use up any other currencies before registering a Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo 3DS system."

Do people actually buy Mario Party games?

I used to when I had friends who weren't lame.

We bought the first 4 and they were great. After some time we got 8 and it was terrible.

Local multiplayer IS Mario Party. If you can gather some friends/family then you're guaranteed to have some fun!

I used to when I had friends who weren't lame.

I'm guessing your friends worked out Mario Party was lame. :heh:

Anyway, just watching the video now. And it says something that you have to register the very same account to combine balances. Is this just terribly explained or an awful way of doing things.

This is how it sounded to me:

You Wii U account is Trev101. When you sign up for the 3DS you have to register an account as Trev101. The two names then link and combine balances.

This leaves two big issues, first they highlighted by saying you have to put in the exact name, so don't make a mistake. This also suggests that it's not a matter of just logging into your original Wii U account and then registering it to the system. What stops someone signing up someone elses Wii U ID as their 3DS ID (assuming it works that way).

Surely that's not how it'll work and they've explained it poorly/I'm an idiot?

I'm guessing your friends worked out Mario Party was lame. :heh:

Anyway, just watching the video now. And it says something that you have to register the very same account to combine balances. Is this just terribly explained or an awful way of doing things.

This is how it sounded to me:

You Wii U account is Trev101. When you sign up for the 3DS you have to register an account as Trev101. The two names then link and combine balances.

This leaves two big issues, first they highlighted by saying you have to put in the exact name, so don't make a mistake. This also suggests that it's not a matter of just logging into your original Wii U account and then registering it to the system. What stops someone signing up someone elses Wii U ID as their 3DS ID (assuming it works that way).

Surely that's not how it'll work and they've explained it poorly/I'm an idiot?

No :p My friends turned into ones who think games where you shoot people are the only ones that are fun. Seriously, you should see their game collections...it's shocking. My Nintendo loving friends are unfortunately a one hour train journey away.

Also, Nintendo Network IDs are password protected, that's what stops people registering other people's.

Edited by Serebii

I don't but I think it's the only Mario series I've never bought a version of and that's because it's useless without others to play with.

Also, Nintendo Network IDs are password protected, that's what stops people registering other people's.

That's a given. But the way it was explained on the Direct. Suggested you created a 3DS NNID, that then linked to a Wii U NNID. Hence the part where he says "make sure you use the exact same name".

Unlike say Xbox, where if I was to purchase an Xbox One, I wouldn't need to sign up for a new account and link it to my old one. I'd just log in.

I might just be really stupid here, but what they said during the presentation and how it should work sounded like two different things.

iblQjNeiiBzLrI.gif

I love this gif in both a good and sad way.

Definitely avoid it. Having played the game, you don't want to watch it unless you want it majorly spoilt.

Avoid the Zelda/Nintendo Facebook pages too, they've posted some spoilery pictures there as well.

Ty for heads up! I don't mind pics of some of the NPCs etc, but if I know who they are/what/where they appear it'll take an edge off it when I play and I'm REALLY looking forward to the magic of Zelda in LBW - I think it's really gonna do well for what I appreciate in the Zelda series. Story's something that you can't unspoil, whereas some aspects of gameplay aren't too bad(some are though). I'm looking forward to your review too if it's mostly spoiler free!

That's a given. But the way it was explained on the Direct. Suggested you created a 3DS NNID, that then linked to a Wii U NNID. Hence the part where he says "make sure you use the exact same name".

Unlike say Xbox, where if I was to purchase an Xbox One, I wouldn't need to sign up for a new account and link it to my old one. I'd just log in.

I might just be really stupid here, but what they said during the presentation and how it should work sounded like two different things.

I'm fairly certain they'd work a way to prevent that. Seriously.

I'm fairly certain they'd work a way to prevent that. Seriously.

Of course, it's so obvious, which is why I keep questioning whether I'm being stupid.

But it does beg the question. Why not just have the one account and just log in. Nintendo are not only playing catch up when it comes to online, they're now playing patch up.

Ty for heads up! I don't mind pics of some of the NPCs etc, but if I know who they are/what/where they appear it'll take an edge off it when I play and I'm REALLY looking forward to the magic of Zelda in LBW - I think it's really gonna do well for what I appreciate in the Zelda series. Story's something that you can't unspoil, whereas some aspects of gameplay aren't too bad(some are though). I'm looking forward to your review too if it's mostly spoiler free!

No spoilers, unless you really want to avoid what happens in the first few minutes of the game (just setting the scene), which isn't a lot - I wouldn't really count them as spoilers unless you want to go in knowing absolutely nothing!

6pm tomorrow, and I'll be happy to answer any questions after that too :)

Of course, it's so obvious, which is why I keep questioning whether I'm being stupid.

But it does beg the question. Why not just have the one account and just log in. Nintendo are not only playing catch up when it comes to online, they're now playing patch up.

What I think/hope they'll do is run the system.

It'll have you register it. You enter in the name, it checks the system. If name exists, it asks you to put in password. If not, you register through as a different NNID

All this is tied into a new firmware update? When is this to be made available? Summer?

Next month...so probably March :p

What I think/hope they'll do is run the system.

It'll have you register it. You enter in the name, it checks the system. If name exists, it asks you to put in password. If not, you register through as a different NNID

That makes sense.

I'm really happy to see that I'll be able to use the balance on my 3DS to buy Earthbound on my Wii U.. or maybe Wii Sports Club :hehe:

As for actual 3DS games, it still doesn't seem to have much to offer me at the moment :hmm: At least it'll have Miiverse soon, though.. which is cool :grin:

Was this in the Direct? I don't remember it

Don't remember it either but I missed bits of it. NoA talked about about the Relay in the last Direct so we got this kinda late.

Looks like Miiverse will support posting screenshots which I was hoping for, as long as they update the web version so we can view 3DS communities.

At first I thought they said you can buy software for any console in the eShop but watching it again seems he just meant you can use the same balance. Oh well, there's always the next update. :cry:

So, is the Youtube app going to be compatible with some of the 3D videos available on the service? Or did Nintendo drop the ball and forgot it has a 3D capable handheld?

It almost seems like NINTENDO isn't confident enough people will buy their games so they just keep showing stuff, and showing stuff and showing stuff, spoiling a lot along the way.

that street pass thing is new....improving the street pass experience....you know what would really improve it? letting us have more than 10 at a time! even 20 would be better

Streetpass is great, but these changes they're making, doesn't it take away the whole point of it? I quite like the idea of knowing that I've walked past someone with a 3DS, or, with the current relay system, knowing that someone had been to the same place as me recently. With these new changes, it just seems a bit artificial.

I managed to avoid the news and watch this once I got in from work last night. I have to say I quite enjoyed what I seen, even if the Mario spoilers did annoy me. Some of the e-Shop RPGs that are heading for the Wii U looked very nice and right up my alley. Hopefully these will hit sooner rather than later.

The Mario spoilers have annoyed me too. I hope they avoid doing that in the future. I'd actually guess that those ten things we didn't know about the game were the only ten things left to not know. Silly idea.