N-Europe

An Appropriate Price For The Wii U? - Take Two

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing really to play on it yet though?

For you, maybe no. But, different people have different circumstances. I've got 6 games already and it'll soon be 7 with The Wonderful 101 when that hits. It's probably the best time (so far)to pick one up if you were thinking about it and the games are starting to trickle out, with the likes of Pikmin 3, 101, Tropical Freeze, the new Sonic and 3DWorld all out before the end of the year.

What I meant is, even if the price drops £100 I wouldn't expect the sales to pick up until there's games most people want. Or system sellers, for a better term.

Yeah, there hasn't been a system seller so far. But, that might change around Christmas time when 3DWorld hits. As nice as NintendoLand is, it's not enough to entice people to buy a console, even though I actually think it's more polished than WiiSports ever was. It's a shame they actually didn't have 3DWorld at launch instead of New Super Mario Bros, as I reckon that might have helped.

What I meant is, even if the price drops £100 I wouldn't expect the sales to pick up until there's games most people want. Or system sellers, for a better term.

Agreed. It's not one thing or the other that is going to mend the system's appeal.

I hope Lost World is good. That'll be a great incentive for some gamers as SONIC still has selling power in the West. Looks like a great Retro throwback too..as...does DKC ;)

Losses for Nintendo by reducing the systems price would be fruitless - the best thing for them to do would be to take a financial hit by buying up developers. Ex-Rare staff? (Yep...went there!)

Edited by tapedeck

Yeah, I don't think price is the issue here, but lack of games. Pikmin 3 is the start though, and from now until Christmas hopefully things will pick up.

I just wish Mario Kart was pushed forward to Christmas, that would really get Wii U back in the game.

Is £200 the right price

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/analysis-can-nintendo-turn-wii-u-sales-around-this-christmas/0119501

The price drops attempted have had very little impact!!

250 extra compared to what? An absolute number like that says rather little, in fact possibly even obscures the significance without a comparison figure. 667 with amazon following suit - only 2 retailers and that's...917 extra sales? That's ~9-10% of the supposed LTD 10k sales in Europe(not even just UK). How is this apparently a non-significant figure?

Of course, my numbers are speculative because I don't have the base figures for week by week sales...but I'm sure that 250+667 are actually at least noteworthy, rather than what that article is trying to imply(quite bad they don't give a base comparison imo...bad journalism or bias I don't know).

Yeah, I don't think price is the issue here, but lack of games. Pikmin 3 is the start though, and from now until Christmas hopefully things will pick up.

I just wish Mario Kart was pushed forward to Christmas, that would really get Wii U back in the game.

It's both.

Take @Fierce_LiNk - he set himself the threshold of £200 to buy the console. He wanted the console because he knew what was coming, the games he could have, but they alone weren't enough to sell it to him. He needed the price for the hardware to be right too.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!