NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

No Deus Ex or Mass Effect 3? I am shocked, they are must haves!

My main issue with the list is just how low DKC:TF is! :( The soundtrack alone makes it a top 10 game.

Pleasantly surprised at Child of Light.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. That game is great.

But Mario Kart? Really? Definitely don't agree there.

But Mario Kart? Really? Definitely don't agree there.

I agree. Battle Mode is a forgotten broken mess. For that alone it should be demoted. Well that is it's only real flaw, that and voice chat.

Must do a comparison photo again. I'll be back.

Over 4 months ago.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Today

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Edited by Wii

Donkey Kong's position on that list is a strange one.

I haven't heard anyone say NSMB is a better game or even just 2D platformer than it and yet that comes many positions higher. Both have co-op and DKTF out does Mario in terms if visuals (Mario's are awful), music, challenge and replayability!?

Good list.

DK may have looked and sounded nice but it felt like a chore for me to finish.

I'd personally have swapped MK8 and 3D World around and added Mass Effect 3. I imagine Wind Waker would be top if it wasn't a remake.

It doesn't make much sense to me that IGN will have Bayonetta 2, Smash, Child of Light and Shovel Knight on last year's GOTY shortlist but leave out their number 1 Wii U game.

Edited by Ronnie

There's 4 games there that shouldn't be in the list. NES Remix 1&2 being the biggest culprit and how it's in the top 10 over other games is simply wrong.

IGN love NES Remix. It's their list so they included it.

So do I. Love both of those games. Great amount of content and just the right amount of challenge.

Great gameplay, horrific writing.

Great gameplay, horrific writing.

Understandable, I've learned that the writing is a real Marmite situation.

I personally like it, feels like it suits the setting, even if some of the rhymes are a bit forced.

I should probably play it again, this time on hard mode. Been saving that for a while and I think now would be a cool time.

My main issue with the list is just how low DKC:TF is! :( The soundtrack alone makes it a top 10 game.

DK:TF is amazing and the sound track is sublime!

But I'm always confused as to the lack of love for Deus Ex. To me its a 10/10. The mix of stealthy Goldeneye style gameplay with RPG elements and an amazingly crafted world is just the perfect combination. I honestly rate it as one of favourite games of all time.

As for Mass Effect 3, there aren't many games where I felt such an attachment to the characters and pondered so long on decisions to make sure I got the desired outcomes. I actually played through it twice to see different outcomes!

The second a remastered Mass Effect Trilogy is announced for new gen consoles, I'm buying a PS4 or XBO. That's how much I loved ME3.

Yep Deus Ex should be on that list as should Darksiders II. And not forgetting Toki Tori 2.

Rumour: Nintendo Direct Apparently Coming Soon

[TWEET]574995661810176001[/TWEET]

A new Nintendo Direct presentation is bound to happen sooner or later as it has been a while since the last one. Twitter user NaughtyDog4Life has spoken to a few Nintendo employees at last weekends PAX East event who have apparently hinted that we should expect to see a Nintendo Direct being announced soon. What do you think will be discussed?

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/11/rumour-nintendo-direct-apparently-coming-soon/

Wii hasnt played NES remix so not sure on why he's so confident on their quality, great games. But then he thinks dark stalkers 2 should be in there which is crazy talk... All subjective I guess.

Child of light is awful and can't believe its there. Disney infinity is good but not a top game, same with sonic....

Personally for me pikmin 3 is probably my favourite gsme in the system, probably my favourite game of the past few years + Hyrule warriors would also be in my top 10!

Edited by dazzybee

Wii hasnt p,she'd NES remix so not sure on why he's so confident on their quality

Wii doesn't need to play a game to know its quality. He hates "Captain Turd" while the rest of us (who've actually played it) love it.

I'd have probably found a spot for Nintendo Land on that list.

Is anyone else surprised Ronnie could understand that sentence pre-edit?

New Super Mario Bros U is one of the most disgusting, cheap cash-ins I've ever experienced from Nintendo, only beaten by the 'special edition' Mario All-Stars game or - SNES ROM dump on a DVD disc.

Honestly, the only day I enjoyed NSMBU was Christmas day when I was drunk off my face and even then I could tell the music and design were lame.

New Super Mario Bros U is one of the most disgusting, cheap cash-ins I've ever experienced from Nintendo, only beaten by the 'special edition' Mario All-Stars game or - SNES ROM dump on a DVD disc.

Honestly, the only day I enjoyed NSMBU was Christmas day when I was drunk off my face and even then I could tell the music and design were lame.

If "New Super Mario Bros U is one of the most disgusting, cheap cash-ins I've ever experienced from Nintendo", What does that make his brother?

51HmjqNmrbL.jpg

If "New Super Mario Bros U is one of the most disgusting, cheap cash-ins I've ever experienced from Nintendo", What does that make his brother?

51HmjqNmrbL.jpg

Makes it DLC

Makes it DLC

That was sold separately at retail for €50-55. Ya that was real nice of Nintendo.

Putting Wii's usual tightness with money aside...

New Super Mario Bros U is one of the most disgusting, cheap cash-ins I've ever experienced from Nintendo

Really? :indeed:

I think it was very launch title-ey and after a few in the series over the preceding years (on handheld and home) it just felt a bit uninspired.

To me anyway.

I think it was very launch title-ey and after a few in the series over the preceding years (on handheld and home) it just felt a bit uninspired.

To me anyway.

Call it a bit uninspired, fine, but "one of the most disgusting, cheap cash-ins Nintendo's ever made" ? This board is becoming a parody of itself these days.