NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Favouite films thread (its so original!)

oh yeah gremlins that was an aweseom film. i just remembered another one, the Princess Bride. such a funny film.

im actually gonna say back to the future as (possibly) my favourite movie. not the greatest i've seen but much like home cooking vs amazing french resturants, its not always about the epics.

phew.. im bound to forget some but..

Fear and Loathing in las vegas

12 Monkeys

Fight Club

The Gods must be crazy

City of the lost Children

12 Monkeys

Fight Club

They're great films. Though I didn't get either of them on first viewing.

1. The Matrix. Probably the best film I ever shall see. I won't go into it because I don't want to.

2. War of the Worlds (2005). I say this mostly for how well I think it shows all the bad things that happen when humans get scared.

3. LotR Trilogy. For Gondor!

4. Annie Hall. Woody Allen just makes me laugh so much; "I want a coffee, Jew?"

5. Tremors. It's so crap that it goes beyond and becomes good.

I can definitely say what my fave movie is, but the other four are in no particular order...

1.) JAWS it's the movie that made me love movies, and that got me interested in doing it myself ! :D (that's making movies, not eating people!)

the other four (which are probably subject to change tomorrow lol) are:

Christine

Citizen Kane

War Of The Worlds (2005) - never thought it would surpass the 1953 version, but even just in tone it is so much closer to the original story, dark, scary and takes-no-prisoners attitude... now if only the son hadn't lived!!

Batman Begins - was blown away! THIS is batman! let's hope they don't mess it up this time around!

Hmm damn hard choices, but I've seen some great films over the years lately.

I'll name a few

Survive Style 5+ - Such a beautiful piece of filming, funny and just a great film to watch. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430651/

Oldboy - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364569/

A Bittersweet Life - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0456912/

Attack The Gas Station - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0262246/

Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War - Awesome Korean war film, basically the Saving Private Ryan of korean. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386064/

THE MATRIX

BEST FILM EVER

*bad rendition of comic book guy from the Simpsons*

Its full of action, philosophical issues, drama some romance but the fighting DAMM DAMM its soo good. Never seen fighting portrayed as flawlessly. The more I watch it the better it gets.

That film should got Oscar. I cant name a better SCI-FI action movie.

LOTR trilogy comes in the top 5 though

yer .. wot could my favourtie film be :hmm:

SPIRITED AWAY!! :shock:

reasons: beautiful animation, unusual plot, the MUSIC.

can anyone recomend any manga based/japanese style because im very

much into them right now ty! : peace:

Ok i'm editing them and taking out the numbers

Anchorman

School Of Rock

The Rock

Star wars (all)

Bowling For Columbine

King Kong 2005

War Of the worlds 2005

actually i'll take christine out. it's defo in my top ten, but i have to put in a comedy that i love dearly into my top five! i think it is not only the funniest film of its genre but the funniest film i've ever seen in my life! and i went to the cinema to see it long before i ever saw the cartoon show it's based on lol.. yes, its the spongebob squarepants movie :D

Spongebob is waaaaaaaay better than the last eight years of the Simpsons. It's a shame some people call it childish or crap before they've seen it. In the same way they do that with Nintendo games.

5. Starwreck <-- Has some terrible acting, but the plot and characters are so funny that makes up for it. It's a free movie made by amateurs. You can download it here or if that doesn't work here

4.LoTR trilogy

3.Forrest Gump

2.Minority report

1.Top gun (Watched it dozens of times when I was a kid. Usually just fast forwarded to the flying scenes :) .)

Spongebob is waaaaaaaay better than the last eight years of the Simpsons. It's a shame some people call it childish or crap before they've seen it. In the same way they do that with Nintendo games.

SO well said lol! :D i only went to see the movie coz hasselhoff was meant to take the piss outta himself in it, and being a knight rider fan that sounded funny lol. but i never stopped laughing from the moment the film began!! we went to a late showing and the place was FULL of adults and the sound of laughter never stopped lol! i think it actually appeals to adults equally as to kids, the humour is more spot-on than the simpsons and, believe it or not folks, ever quicker! if you haven't watched him at all, start with the movie and i bet you're a fan by the end ;)

i have watched spongebob the movie and the cartoons and they are childish. this is what makes them brilliant.

my favourite has to be Porkeys or Revenge of the nerds.

"mmmm hair pie"

i agree the characters are childish, spongebob and patrick are kids after all, but i think the humour is definitely written with adults in mind too lol ;)

veerzaara0vn.jpg

i watched this move last night, and this the only movie that made eva made me cry, because it was so sad but happy ending it has a fantastic story, great cinemetograpthy, great songs

i swear this such a superb movie, i recommend every one watch it, it has English subs so there’s no reason not to watch it

spiderman 2 is a great movie. easily some of my favourite action scenes ever in that. spiderman is one of the films that helps me feel better about the cgi age. course, every time one this good makes me feel that, some shoddy bs like the 2nd matrix films makes me want to hurt small puppies.

CompSci you obviously didnt watch the first Pokemon movie :o i swear i was 10 but i cried my eyes out! But im sure crying at the Pokemon movie is kinda embarresing..

Best movies:

Godfather Trilogy

Scarface

Dude were's my car

City Of God

The Shawshank Redemption

Lord of The Rings: Return of the King

Fight Club

The Butterfly Effect

Sign in to follow this