NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

The Crew (PS4/Xbox One)

A lot of people moaning about this on gaf, it looks shit blah blah.

I think it looks great and the map is huge.

Right on. I'm usually not that interested in racing games, but this definitely looks quite cool.

Been interested in this since it was announced (feels like ages ago!), glad to see it'll be out soon!

I'll be getting it on PC though I think

Edited by The Peeps

Did anyone else get a beta code for this? I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Really enjoying this so far. I think the handling still needs a bit of tweaking, but I'm having a lot of fun.

And I wasn't expecting the fast travel to work so well

Edit: Some screenshots:

zRBzsW6.jpg

X3nvmEd.jpg

vKWOzLR.jpg

lkpjeeB.jpg

UlVTWWc.jpg

sQ7NkD5.jpg

(there's more in the link).

Edited by Cube

Really enjoying this so far. I think the handling still needs a bit of tweaking, but I'm having a lot of fun.

And I wasn't expecting the fast travel to work so well

Edit: Some screenshots:

zRBzsW6.jpg

X3nvmEd.jpg

vKWOzLR.jpg

lkpjeeB.jpg

UlVTWWc.jpg

sQ7NkD5.jpg

(there's more in the link).

Do some of those screenshots have some kind of filter on them? They look a bit "off"

There's some kind of film grain effect, it's more visible at night (especially with the light on it). The HUD gets fuzzy when you hit stuff.

It looks better in motion :p

I saw the bendy, blue, aerial route marker being used in a video. It looked a bit odd, but I kinda like that it's something different and not arrows on the road.

It looks better in motion :p

I saw the bendy, blue, aerial route marker being used in a video. It looked a bit odd, but I kinda like that it's something different and not arrows on the road.

I actually really like that blue aerial route marker. I reckon this game will be a hit especially seem as we have no Need for Speed this year the space is there to become the multiplatform racer of choice for years to come. What the hell is going on at EA?!

One thing I would love it the ability to turn the marker into an "off road" mode.

I threw some footage I recorded together. It's mostly just driving around in different locations.

Announced for 360 but no PS3.

That is random and a true indicator that the 360 is still every much alive and well and many many gamers are still very content with there 360.

Just curious as to whether anyone picked this up and what their thoughts were on the game?

Reviews haven't been that great but I do remember hearing that there were a lot of problems with the game at launch so wondered if they'd be patched and things had improved a lot and whether it was something worth picking up on the cheap, as I have seen it going for half price, or whether I should give it a miss.

I've got it.

Most of the actual missions are infuriating. The AI cheats. The 'escape the cops' and 'ram the targets' are the worst. With the latter missions you have a time limit, most of which is spent actually trying to catch up with your opponent - the rest spent trying to hit them and mainly failing. The racing missions aren't too bad but they're no DriveClub.

However, the sheer scope of the game - its size, is very impressive. Being able to drive around the US is worth the £25 I paid to pick it up. And maybe they'll patch the game, making the missions slightly less unfair.

Edited by somme

Sign in to follow this