NEurope
Rummy

90s fancy dress

Ok, this is both saddening that I'm old enough not to potentially be doing 90s fancy dress - but also a general gathering of ideas from folks as I'm apparently *maybe* going to a 90s 'fancy' dress themed party in 2 weeks.

What ideas do people have? We're all mostly a 90s grown generation. I'm open to all suggestions, but also what's nice is, without busting the race card out too much, there are actually some more genuine options for my skin colour that I can rock than might usually be the case for older themed fancy dresses. It's also nice that, I can still rock being a black dude despite totally not being a black dude.

But yeah. 90s, what would you do? What would you recommend *I* do? I'm proper on a budget too, so much so the budget don't even really exist but I'll deal with that later. Cheap 90s, what say you!

Haha, that is at least two of the suggestions I've already had. I don't have the bits...or the money! I wanted to be well cheap and wear all my shit back to front(ala Kriss Kross) with my rather whiter friend(actually also called chris smith) and we'd be all like 'we're kriss kross' and we could actually both introduce ourselves as chris without it being weird/actually maybe being hilarious but he's just gone mental and bought himself a costume so that's not going to happen.

Another sad fact about trying to be brown/black - you really need leather jackets. They ain't cheap.

I'm afraid that people who have our skin colour can only be three things: Mr. T, Scary Spice and Mr. Motivator and one of them is from the eighties, haha ;)

I'm afraid that people who have our skin colour can only be three things: Mr. T, Scary Spice and Mr. Motivator and one of them is from the eighties, haha ;)

For halloween you could go as all three!

Fine, just go in a bad tracksuit and carry a giant mobile phone around in a bumbag. Done :p

jazz.jpg

Got a cheesy shirt and can make yourself smell like KFC? Jazz is yo' man.

Then you can use his awesome chat up line.

tumblr_lbd9pik29q1qdxd3qo1_500.png