NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Boston Marathon Explosion

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest given how bad most americans are with giography outside of the US, what worries me is that there are giography challenged americans who would go vigilante on Czech republic citizens without a second thought, their ignorance can be dangerous, just like could happen with the wrongfully identified bombers

To be fair, it's not just Americans that can be dangerously ignorant.

no you've got me there, humans can all be that bad, its why accurate information is required

Another decent article. Goes into detail about the issues caused by social media investigators and the genuine investigative process that went into finding those responsible. Edited by Guy

...What is even the context for them doing that?

When live subtitles don't recognise a spoken word, they guess, and substitute something else that is in their database. In this case, the fact his name has a "z" and an "o" in it might have been enough to confuse him with Zooey Deschanel.

There's an alternate reality where she was the bomber. Imagine that.

Adventure-Time.gif

Apparently a subtitling screw up.

Kind of like that time a news report claimed the last Pope was the "first one to step down in over 600 used". Relevant? Not so much. It amuses me though.

Now I can't stop imagining an alternate reality where Daft was the bomber. "I hate people who are in shape! I MUST KILL THEM ALL."

...you realise Daft is on his way to become a beaded Machamp, right?

I'm pretty sure Earth-811 Daft is a fat couch potato.

Edited by Magnus

Yeah, we don't invite Earth-811 Daft to the annual meet up.