N-Europe

64bit files on 32bit machines

Retro_Link

I hope I'm not just talking nonsense here!?

Basically I was going to install the free 64bit version of AutoCAD on my laptop...

But then I realised, what if other computers are using the 32bit version of AutoCAD?... would the files not open?

Is it just a better idea to install the 32bit version of AutoCAD on my 64bit laptop instead?

Thank you N-E. :)

you do realise once installed on your laptop its nigh on impossible to remove autocad?

not that you'd want to i suppose, i discovered this when a student version expired so i attempted to uninstall it, which "appeared" to work

then flash forward a few years and i tried to install it again and it kept saying there was a previous version, in the end i did my Uni work on a computer at work with a much better version of CAD. After goggling it i discovered its common for it to not fully uninstall and you have to manually delete files, else it hides on the system.

I only thought of this as i thought you might encounter it if your removing 64bit to install 32bit, i've never had to modify a versions so don't know if it ends up the same as my above issues.