N-Europe

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

Jimbob

I don't have any useful information for today. I found out that Peeps and Rummy had a conversation about calibrating weapons, in purgatory. Not particularly helpful information - which is also pretty much stated in the write-up.

So far, I'm inclined to believe Jon over Sheikah. Although, it would be nice to hear from @DuD.

If you're going to vote for me then you haven't looked at the evidence against Yvonne and the fact he's played suspicious as fuck the whole game. I'm not saying both Jon and I can't both be telling the truth (someone did try to send me to Jon but failed).

I am not calling for Dedede's lynch either so really the choice is between believing and voting for either me or Yvonne.

Rummy's post clearly contradicts Yvonne's as Rummy correctly pointed out that I was protected, so there is no way that Yvonne could have tracked me.

Expressing remorse is correlated with being mafia.

Obviously not true, but even if it were you could easily twist it around and say that in such case, you would obviously make an effort to not appear remorseful.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cube I did recieve your message somehow?

"somebody closeby is a roleblocker"

No mention of Ganepark, but I would guess this means he attempted to target me. lol. Sure I mentioned it in passing that it would be a waste :p

Don't worry too much, Sheikah. ...I never trust Yvonne.

That would be a wise decision.

So far he claims to be a tracker - if so then that's 2 town trackers (him and Dedede) which seems very unlikely.

Also his targets are himself on N1, and last night apparently me (note Rummy said I was untargetable). It's a pile of lies.

How did DeDeDe get the same result then?

I'm not taking sides for now, hence no vote.. but this isn't as straight forward as you're trying to make out.

I don't know how @Jon Dedede got some info saying I was waiting for him (I doubt he targeted me since I was in untargetable), but I can confirm that whatever happened I reached Yvonne. It could be as a result of whatever made Jon unreachable.

You have to admit though, Yvonne also being an apparent town tracker then saying outright once the pressure is on him 'yeah, I can confirm this' to try deflect blame is just rubbish.

I'm off to work now so will not be able to get on here most the day. Will keep track on my phone as much as I can. Going to lay down a vote on Yvonne, happy to change to Cube too.

Vote: Yvonne

For now I would be less inclined to go for Cube just because his double vote on Aqui1a initiated the lynch train yesterday. In my experience, particularly so early on in the game, a couple of non Mafia votes need to be down before Mafia have the guts to jump on board, since they know they can't force a lynch by themselves.

That's the one. The people who get the information don't know who it's about - The Peeps never got a person, either.

@Mr\-Paul and @Rummy I would appreciate some more conversation from you guys to ring home the basic points here, lest town should be duped into voting the wrong guy.

Calm down jeez, it's barely been 12 hours since I last posted. I do something called sleeping at night-time. I also do working during the daytime.

I don't have any useful information for today. I found out that Peeps and Rummy had a conversation about calibrating weapons, in purgatory. Not particularly helpful information - which is also pretty much stated in the write-up.

So far, I'm inclined to believe Jon over Sheikah. Although, it would be nice to hear from @DuD.

Then I'll believe Peeps, as I was told I stayed in Purgatory giving weapon advice.

Tbh, I was hoping @Cube might target me last night given I mentioned him like fifty billion times at the end of the last day phase. I'm not saying what I do, and I don't know if he's mafia just trying to flush me out, but I'm the Javik that he's looking for.

I'm happy now to Vote:Yvonne, I think I'm believing Sheikah on this one.

That's the one. The people who get the information don't know who it's about - The Peeps never got a person, either.

This is information on Ganepark? If so, it's highly likely he's another mafia. I don't want to split votes now, though.

@Rummy are you only visible to people who pay £10 extra?

I'm sorry what?

@Cube so you get info on what someones role is and then pass it on to another player who doesn't know who it is describing. Can you explain what the point of it being passed on is?

The point is simply because that's how my power works. I know the target, and someone else has the information.

I'm sorry what?

A joke. Javik was only in the game for people who purchased the collector's edition or the day-1 DLC.

Rummy...

What does this £10 extra business mean?

Also, why would ganepark be mafia because he's a roleblocker? because he hammered Aqui1a maybe, but I don't follow your logic is once again baseless.

And while I'm at it.. your attempt to incriminate me yesterday saying that I had said Aqui1a had a double vote reeked mafia to me!

Especially seeing as I can easily quote myself yesterday saying that I didn't believe Aqui1a had a double vote and that I was only asking him to vote to rule out the possibility.

Its a mafia trait to twist things to suit them, they usually make a better job of it though.

Ah yeah, sorry I misread the order of some posts earlier (on my phone atm). Your info on me is correct. I have no reason yo believe there is a redirector out there that operates without people knowing (but no reason to state for sure that this wasn't what happened to me last night).

@Rummy what do you do? Can you give more details on what info you got to say Sheikah was untargetable and protected as he claims?

Rummy...

What does this £10 extra business mean?

Also, why would ganepark be mafia because he's a roleblocker? because he hammered Aqui1a maybe, but I don't follow your logic is once again baseless.

And while I'm at it.. your attempt to incriminate me yesterday saying that I had said Aqui1a had a double vote reeked mafia to me!

Especially seeing as I can easily quote myself yesterday saying that I didn't believe Aqui1a had a double vote and that I was only asking him to vote to rule out the possibility.

Its a mafia trait to twist things to suit them, they usually make a better job of it though.

Twas a joke on Cube's part(see his post above).

Did you not say Cube, Peeps, or aqui1a must be mafia? I might have mixed that up to think you suggested aqui1a had a double vote, I thought somebody did. Even so, I voted for him because he never came to defend himself, but Jimbob didn't count it any way. I still stand by it, he did have enough time to come and defend himself.

There's no logic to follow, just trust me on this one.

Ah yeah, sorry I misread the order of some posts earlier (on my phone atm). Your info on me is correct. I have no reason yo believe there is a redirector out there that operates without people knowing (but no reason to state for sure that this wasn't what happened to me last night).

@Rummy what do you do? Can you give more details on what info you got to say Sheikah was untargetable and protected as he claims?

Can't/won't tell you what I do. I've already said that I'm Javik though - intrigued to see what Cube might bring me(risk of a swift death, even?). All I was told about Shiekah was that I tried to find him, but didn't. I spent the time in purgatory giving weapon advice instead. Peeps/no one else was mentioned in my PM, but Magnus says he witnessed us together talking about weapons in purgatory, and Peeps has said he protected me last night - this is the best confirmation had. I don't know why Magnus saw Peeps and me, though.

Calm down jeez, it's barely been 12 hours since I last posted. I do something called sleeping at night-time. I also do working during the daytime.

Then I'll believe Peeps, as I was told I stayed in Purgatory giving weapon advice.

Tbh, I was hoping @Cube might target me last night given I mentioned him like fifty billion times at the end of the last day phase. I'm not saying what I do, and I don't know if he's mafia just trying to flush me out, but I'm the Javik that he's looking for.

I'm happy now to Vote:Yvonne, I think I'm believing Sheikah on this one.

Thanks.

There hasn't been a swift jump to lynch Yvonne despite it being later in the game and being easier to gain majority than when Aqui1a was lynched, so that's saying something.

@DuD I don't see any reason to suspect Rummy, at least definitely not over Yvonne who I know is clearly lying about reaching me (thanks again to Rummy).

Well, I'm not completely exonerating you either. I'm just saying that *I* couldn't reach you. However I'm dubious of two trackers, and I think I trust Jon Dedede a little more than Yvonne(who, if mafia, and redirecting yourself, he would know).

I'm off to work shortly, and I've no idea how this day might go(hence I've already voted so I don't miss it this time). If I turn up dead at any point, do remember what I've said about Ganepark.

But I've no reason to distrust DeDeDe either? are Yvonne and DeDeDe in it together with such a well thought out plan that they've both claimed the same role lol. that I very much doubt.

So as I suggested earlier.. this isn't as straight forward as your making it out, I'd rather wait till I've got more time to pick holes in lies rather than vote hastily on my phone at work.

But I've no reason to distrust DeDeDe either? are Yvonne and DeDeDe in it together with such a well thought out plan that they've both claimed the same role lol. that I very much doubt.

So as I suggested earlier.. this isn't as straight forward as your making it out, I'd rather wait till I've got more time to pick holes in lies rather than vote hastily on my phone at work.

Sure, I respect that and hope you vote before day end.

If the Mafia have 4 votes (I'm assuming balance would be 3 Mafiosos and 1 is a double voter) then even if they lynched someone today and killed tonight they still can't win tomorrow with their own votes.

If Yvonne wasn't Mafia I would happily vote myself at the start of the next day. And you could keep me to that.

But all it would take is someone to vote and the mafia could all jump and win on the spot. Don't act like the mafia aren't close to winning.

Yvonne seems to be claiming reverse tracker while Dedede is a straight tracker, that's not unusual at all. As for last night, Yvonne clearly said he knows anyone who targeted himself ended up at Jon Dedede so it doesn't matter if Sheikah was untargetable or not - something Sheikah either missed or just completely ignored. @Yvonne what exactly is your power?

I'm still waiting to be swayed by either side really. I have no reason to distrust Jon Dedede's claim.

People are disbelieving of two trackers (something which is really common in our games) but have no problem believing two non-mafia double voters and two alignment investigators.