N-Europe

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

Jimbob

Sorry lol.. i've processed a lot tonight. :p

You couldn't do anything last night, right? But Ganepark apparently still targetted you? Despite knowing this? You, additionally, would not be able to confirm/deny this, as you're untargetable?

I'd say he's mr-paul's roleblocker.

My brain has melted.

Makes two of us.

Despite being useless, I'm going to Vote:Ganepark.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't talk about this game in particular, it was just general notes; I don't know anything about the mechanics in this game, or Mass Effect at all.

I get your point on metagaming, but doing the hours and being in the timezone I am, I'm put at a real disadvantage. I think that I'm going to end up dead today regardless, so instead, you should consider your actions following the innocent flip.

Sheikah has really driven for this lynch, on false information that is being openly contradicted. I am being singled out from a group of people who lynched a townie, even though we SHOULD be lynching every day*, and the behaviour was consistent with my past town runs. I'm pro lynch, if it makes sense. That's why an open Cube should be a alive and a closed non respondent should not.

On D2 I was thinking Jon looked bad, but now I'm not sure. I think there's probably a mafia on the Aqui1a lynch, so between Gane and Cube unless I'm totally wrong about Peeps.

* actually in these theme games, a breaking strategy would be to massclaim on D1, because the roles are so often tailored to the characters that any oddness would be easy to spot. I suggest a massclaim tomorrow.

I don't belive theres a 3rd, don't forget Nintendohnut was a protector.

For Sheikah to be telling the truth this game has 2 alignment investigators, 3 protectors and DeDeDe and Yvonne are both lying.

Sounds ridiculous writing it out lol.

Cube's message said there was a roleblocker Nearby. I took this to mean someone attempted a RB on me.Ganepark said he attempted to target me and got absolutely nothing (which he wouldn't as i wasn't there to be targetted)

I totally missed the point on Aqui1a being investigator, makes me a lot more wary. Rummy, I haven't ruled out ganepark being my roleblocker, in fact, it's very likely - it's easy to claim targeting DuD if DuD was untargetable. I just want to know your actions etc. from night 1 to see if they match up with my version of events to see if I can trust you.

The lack of kill protector makes me very nervous!

I'll give you back my comments DuD, even though I can detect a really strong bias to your post rather than it being a neutral game summary. Hopefully this will be enough to convince the remainder of town to vote for Yvonne. I'll focus mainly on your opinions rather than your general overview.

So my conclusions are...

DeDeDe's info seems good to me, which suggests that what Sheikah is saying isn't right.

I don't see any rational basis for this comment if I'm being honest. I have already admitted that there was an attempt to send me to Dedede but I reached Yvonne regardless, which in my opinion hardly accounts to a direct clash with what he says he knows.

Hopefully I can try put this to rest a bit better:

To put it bluntly, if Jon is a power reflector then he will have failed to target me, as I was protected. If he was a tracker then equally he would have failed to target me. Jimbob specifically told me I was protected from all night actions last night due to protection from another as well as being a Spectre. So I'm left wondering quite how he would have known there was an attempted sending of me to him, which leads me to think the obvious.

Second, Yvonne's reinforcement of Jon's statement actually further hurts Jon's statement about me not reaching Yvonne. As I pointed out before, there really is only a very small chance that Yvonne happened to have the right power and targeted the right person that night that would conveniently provide him an exonerating statement to use to use in retaliation the very instant Yvonne is accused of being Mafia. It's really not likely, so this post is really starting to tell me more about your angle. Yvonne backing up Jon's statement, certainly in my eyes, tells me all I need to know.

Sheikah's info doesn't add up...

He claims to be an undeterable alignment investigator (very overpowered imo) when theres already been an alignment investigator confirmed.

He claims to have been protected last night, yet Dohnut is dead and Peeps protected Rummy.

In what capacity does this not add up? It only doesn't add up because you choose to view it that way.

I have a lone 3 uses of alignment investigation (now 2). The other alignment investigator was similarly gimped in not obtaining the information directly. I actually commend Jimbob for spreading the ability and risk across characters - when town lose their alignment investigator they tend to be pretty screwed.

Yvonne, you've claimed tracker yet you then say you know anyone targetting you ended up at DeDeDe?

This would fit DeDeDe's info, but how would you know this as a tracker? What is your power

Also Rummy says Sheikah was untargetable last night, however...

Last night

DuD - unable to do anything

Sheikah - targetted Yvonne

Dedede - targetted Sheikah

Cube - Targetted Gane and DuD

Peeps - targetted Rummy

Gane - targetted DuD

Rummy - targetted Sheikah

Magnus - targetted Peeps or Rummy

Yvonne - Anyone targetting him reached DeDeDe

Mr P - Roleblocked

Fact, Questionable,

Assuming majority of claims true.. I would suggest it only possible for Sheikah, Rummy or Yvonne to have Roleblocked Mr-P.

And yet, the crumbling piece to that argument is that neither arguing side supports this - I state that I targeted Yvonne and was untargetable (Rummy could not target me to support this), while Yvonne argues I targeted Dedede. No one except you is claiming I could have roleblocked mr-paul.

I'd also like to bring up previous points that you didn't address:

- Why, when Yvonne was clearly accused by me that he shouldn't have been able to target me, did he not immediately point out that I was not his target? In fact, he quoted my post to say that I had valid comments, aside from commenting that it was right to call out Jimbob.

- Why have you not also focused on Yvonne's quick change of heart yesterday from being reserved in holding back on a Cube vote, to rapidly placing a vote down on Aqui1a with zero justification?

- I think we're one vote from majority. Don't you find it a little odd that the Mafia haven't jumped, and that it has taken the majority of the day to garner the required votes on Yvonne? Aqui1a was lynched on far less in a ridiculously less amount of time.

I would appreciate the final vote on Yvonne to come. I would hope to most by now that the arguments I have presented are thorough enough to convince you.

I totally missed the point on Aqui1a being investigator, makes me a lot more wary. Rummy, I haven't ruled out ganepark being my roleblocker, in fact, it's very likely - it's easy to claim targeting DuD if DuD was untargetable. I just want to know your actions etc. from night 1 to see if they match up with my version of events to see if I can trust you.

The lack of kill protector makes me very nervous!

Yet last night there was no kill...so why? I'm afraid I'm keeping my N1 actions to myself for now, for reasons you might understand. I've revealed the fact that I am Javik however - I'm interested if Cube's claim re: me is true or if he's after me for my own demise.

After reading the last couple of pages I'm more inclined to vote for Sheikah. On instinct alone I didn't trust his copping of Yvonne and he was quite aggressive when pushing for the lynch. I was starting to see his side of things when he listed his points in a more calm way but I honestly think there's too much contradiction there.

I may well be wrong but I trust DuD and I trust Yvonne so I'm happy to end this day with a vote on Sheikah. That's what my instincts are telling me. Not sure where the count is and I think we can get a bit more information out, also I'd still like to give Sheikah a final chance to post as he hasn't done so for a couple of pages.

Basically when you guys want to end the day I'll stick my vote on for Sheikah unless something revelatory happens.

This I genuinely cannot answer. As I said, there's too many suspects here to be possible imo. I agree, if Peeps is a protector that protected me, why couldn't I reach Sheikah? Roleblocked? But if I was protected, this isn't possible. If Peeps wasn't protecting me, why was he seen with me? Information revealed AFTER Peeps made his revelation(one I was unaware of, however). Would there really be another protector in such a small game?

Could Magnus and Peeps be in cahoots? But then Peeps has been quite forward with information so far, and that inclines me to trust him.

Could Sheikah be mafia, but still...I couldn't reach him. Is he unreachable, untargettable? Where is our other mystery protector?

I'm getting more unsure the more I think, I might just Vote:No lynch. I don't know who/what to believe.

I was protected by a third party. I'm also pretty confident that the Mafia failed their kill in trying to target me given what I said at the end of the previoius day.

You know for a fact that you couldn't target me. You haven't revealed anything to suggest that another person redirected or roleblocked you. It would therefore dictate that I couldn't be reached, rather than there being something wrong with you, which at the very least counters Yvonne's claim to being able to validate Dedede. Yvonne shouldn't have been able to know a thing about me.

I would be grateful if you reconsidered. I would urge all town members remaining to lynch me to kingdom come tomorrow if Yvonne was not Mafia. Mafia almost certainly can't win on their own tomorrow regardless of today and tonight's outcome, so remaining town could be free to remove me if they wished.

I don't think I trust anyone!

I almost didn't even trust myself! So I re-checked my PM, I'm not explicitly stated as any alignment, I assume I'm town of course. I also notice Dohnut had no alignment revealed.

This doesn't mean anything of course. Tbh despite all this absolute mental nonsense, it's somewhat refreshing being in a mafia game where it seems none of us actually know what the hell is going on.

I was protected by a third party. I'm also pretty confident that the Mafia failed their kill in trying to target me given what I said at the end of the previoius day.

You know for a fact that you couldn't target me. You haven't revealed anything to suggest that another person redirected or roleblocked you. It would therefore dictate that I couldn't be reached, rather than there being something wrong with you, which at the very least counters Yvonne's claim to being able to validate Dedede. Yvonne shouldn't have been able to know a thing about me.

I would be grateful if you reconsidered. I would urge all town members remaining to lynch me to kingdom come tomorrow if Yvonne was not Mafia. Mafia almost certainly can't win on their own tomorrow regardless of today and tonight's outcome, so remaining town could be free to remove me if they wished.

Come now, you call DuD for bias - why dictate it was because you couldn't be reached? Can anyone else confirm this? Can anyone confirm your supposed 3rd party protection? Can anybody confirm MY 3rd party protection? The 'lynch him today lynch me tomorrow' play has been used successfully by both sides, and quite often so for mafia. It isn't helping your case you keep arguing with that.

As said, I don't know what the hell's going on; I'll avoid lynching either you or Yvonne - on the crazy possibility you're both innocent(which'll lead to both your lynchings) and suggest we just go for Ganepark. Cmaaan.

After reading the last couple of pages I'm more inclined to vote for Sheikah. On instinct alone I didn't trust his copping of Yvonne and he was quite aggressive when pushing for the lynch. I was starting to see his side of things when he listed his points in a more calm way but I honestly think there's too much contradiction there.

I may well be wrong but I trust DuD and I trust Yvonne so I'm happy to end this day with a vote on Sheikah. That's what my instincts are telling me. Not sure where the count is and I think we can get a bit more information out, also I'd still like to give Sheikah a final chance to post as he hasn't done so for a couple of pages.

Basically when you guys want to end the day I'll stick my vote on for Sheikah unless something revelatory happens.

That's actually pretty disappointing if you genuinely feel that way. I have been very passionate and exhaustive in arguing these points throughout the day because I know this will be the the turning point of the game. People may see that as aggression, but I assure you that this is not the case.

Unless you really believe that every Mafioso was in on the lynch up until Rummy removed vote, I honestly don't see why the Mafia wouldn't have just drop bombed the lynch to push it through. It isn't as if Ganepark was jumped on for voting last yesterday. Given the amount of time and effort it has taken to accrue the amount of votes on this lynch relative to yesterday, I would have hoped most could see this as a constructive lynch worlds apart from yesterday's.

Could someone be a jailkeep? Maybe I was protected and blocked.

Does anyone want to claim as the illusive man?

Just pointing out, if somebody was a jailkeep and targeted me, it's quite possible I wouldn't feel the negative effect on account of my character, while still being protected.

@Rummy - Curious why you're trying to set up a lynch on me. Is it because I targeted DuD when he's claiming to have said he couldn't be targeted on an even day or something?

I genuinely have no recollection of seeing DuD posting anything in that regard, despite him claiming otherwise.

DuD not being there when I went to target him is surely more suspicious than me actually targeting him as it would mean he was out doing something. But what that is, I don't know. Another question without an answer unless he's willing to explain where he was during N2, or has he already said? I can't keep track of what's going on.

Come now, you call DuD for bias - why dictate it was because you couldn't be reached? Can anyone else confirm this? Can anyone confirm your supposed 3rd party protection? Can anybody confirm MY 3rd party protection? The 'lynch him today lynch me tomorrow' play has been used successfully by both sides, and quite often so for mafia. It isn't helping your case you keep arguing with that.

The comment about me being unreachable rather than you being screwed with was that you didn't claim anyone to have told you to go anywhere nor did you claim anyone directly stopped you in any way. Rather from your writeup it sounded like I wasn't there - which agrees with me being protected rather than you being targeted.

In the case of offering my own lynch tomorrow, Mafia cannot win with their own votes, even if they have a double voter. Ok, they could jump on a town vote; but really, if I convinced you all to vote Yvonne based on a cop verdict and then Yvonne was found to be town, would every townie not instantly lunge to eradicate me tomorrow? I'd say most likely.

I honestly don't know which side to vote with. Neither side has anything truly concrete so it really is down to instincts. Would people prefer to vote no lynch for this phase? It won't really work in the town's favour all that much but it would at least stop us from lynching a townie.