NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ReKonvicted

When are we going to get some Wii U games released?

That's the reason why it had the best launch lineup of any console ever.

I don't get this. How is Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur and Power Stone the best launch ever? oO And we didn't even get Soul Calibur at launch here in Europe so... what the fuck are you guys talking about?

IMO, Luigi's Mansion+Super Monkey Ball+Rogue Leader+Wave Race is better. Halo+Jet Set Radio Future is better too. And Twilight Princess+Excite Truck+Wii Sports. What about the Dreamcast was all that great for you guys? I seriously do not understand, at all. oO

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the launches I mentioned are good... they're not. But they're better, I think. Anyway, I'm on the “every single launch in the history of all time sucked“ team.

I don't get this. How is Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur and Power Stone the best launch ever? oO And we didn't even get Soul Calibur at launch here in Europe so... what the fuck are you guys talking about?

IMO, Luigi's Mansion+Super Monkey Ball+Rogue Leader+Wave Race is better. Halo+Jet Set Radio Future is better too. And Twilight Princess+Excite Truck+Wii Sports. What about the Dreamcast was all that great for you guys? I seriously do not understand, at all. oO

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the launches I mentioned are good... they're not. But they're better, I think. Anyway, I'm on the “every single launch in the history of all time sucked“ team.

The reason why in the west it's considered the best launch is because the variety and quality of game. Soul calibur, power stone, house of dead 2, sonic adventure, and nfl 2k alone make it superb. Add in ready 2 rumble and Tokyo extreme racer and you got a great launch lineup.

Super Monkey Ball and Luigis mansion were awesome. And then about a month later Melee came, which is still one of my favourite games, if Nintendo start doing launches like that again I'll be happy.

Super Monkey Ball and Luigis mansion were awesome. And then about a month later Melee came, which is still one of my favourite games, if Nintendo start doing launches like that again I'll be happy.

If Nintendo had managed to get their "launch window" titles out on time, then it would've been like that. Alas :(

I agreed with you up until the point you mentioned that Wii Sports and Excitetruck made the Wiis launch lineup any good. However, when the Wii came out, we were looking forward to buy lots of different games.

The Dreamcast however had LOTS of great games. Shenmue , Shenmue 2, Sega Rally, Sega GT, Metropolis Street Racing, Daytona USA 2001, Jet Set Radio, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2 are the ones coming off the top of my head.

Edited by Hogge

I do agree that the situation really is a bit bad. Despite my love for the system, last month I spent only 21 minutes on my Wii U (mind you, there was a load of Pokémon news that took my focus). If I hadn't managed to snap up Scribblenauts on Friday during the eShop area, it'd be a similar situation this month and through next month until Lego City, and possibly Monster Hunter.

The unfortunate delay of the Q1 games has taken its toll. However, I maintain that it shouldn't be Nintendo's responsibility to fill up the gaps. The third parties should be releasing games too.

Gamecube launch was the best ever, on day one I got

Burnout

Super Monkey Ball

Luigi's Mansion

ISS 2

was a most epic day

Getting nintendo systems early so far has always led up to some "software drought" for me personally.

I don't think it's that bad though, there are at least some good games available right now, that wasn't the case with the 3DS until Ocarina of time 3D released. On the other hand, looking at what is coming, we have a really good future for gaming on the WiiU coming up :). I'm really looking forward to pikmin 3, the wonderful 101 and the xenogear/xenoblade sequel (and yes I'm even looking forward to play rayman legends).

If there's anyone in need of a new Wii U game that hasn't played Batman Arkham City before, you seriously want to be snapping up Armoured Edition right now!

I'm playing it at the moment and it's off the chain! :cool:

Currently £18 online too, absolute bargain!

I thought the 3DS has a really good launch. Pilotwings Resort was a highly decent Nintendo game - I remember being amazed by the 3D, like I was in a different world. And Super Street Fighter II was the equivalent of the 3rd-party ports the Wii U has got (there weren't as many, admittedly). The best thing though was that Ocarina of Time 3D was a real system seller, and it didn't take very long to be released.

If there's anyone in need of a new Wii U game that hasn't played Batman Arkham City before, you seriously want to be snapping up Armoured Edition right now!

I'm playing it at the moment and it's off the chain! :cool:

Currently £18 online too, absolute bargain!

^^^^ This

There are so many good titles out on the Wii U right now that are already being heavily discounted. ME3, Arkham City and Tekken to name three. These are top quality premium titles that all have hours of gameplay in them. What's more, you can pick them up at crazy prices on the high street. Grainger Games has batman for 20 quid and ME3 for 30 quid in store :)

^^^^ This

There are so many good titles out on the Wii U right now that are already being heavily discounted. ME3, Arkham City and Tekken to name three. These are top quality premium titles that all have hours of gameplay in them. What's more, you can pick them up at crazy prices on the high street. Grainger Games has batman for 20 quid and ME3 for 30 quid in store :)

Just one problem if one already bought these when they were originally released months and months ago.

EDIT: I also finally got a Dreamcast last year :p Have a pile of games such as Shenmue, Soul Calibur, Jet Set Radio, some weird Smash Bros. type thing, that I need to finish or start.
If that game is Power Stone then you seriously need to get on it!

Fantastic game! In an age before Smash Bros Melee this game was all you could want.

If that game is Power Stone then you seriously need to get on it!

Fantastic game! In an age before Smash Bros Melee this game was all you could want.

Aah yes, that was it! And I'll try get round to it but I'm not helping myself by constantly buying more games :p

Sign in to follow this