NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

Disney Infinity

Nice one. It's definitely enjoyable for what it is and with the announcement of a sequel and possible Star Wars sets it's a great time to jump into the series. Hopefully will see you online as you can build/play toy boxes co-operatively.

I may of went overboard a bit. :D

image_zps4e8574a1.jpg

Got a lot more trade in than expected as they had some 25% extra offer on. Picked up Scribblenaughts aswell. Bring on the drought!

I may of went overboard a bit. :D

image_zps4e8574a1.jpg

Got a lot more trade in than expected as they had some 25% extra offer on. Picked up Scribblenaughts aswell. Bring on the drought!

:o Love it! Let me know how the other toysets are. :)

That is some collection. I'm kind of tempted by this, don't know much about it, don't fully understand tapedecks explanation :)

Do you basically get a world per character? Is it expensive for what it is? Is it varied? Do they have classic Disney or is it all new Disney?

Okay, slowly figuring it out :) A couple of questions?

Did it say to play co op you need to buy two figures from the same game?!

Are figures and playsets different to each other?!

And yeah, nintendo doing a Nintendoland version of this would have been amazing :)

Okay, slowly figuring it out :) A couple of questions?

Did it say to play co op you need to buy two figures from the same game?!

Are figures and playsets different to each other?!

And yeah, nintendo doing a Nintendoland version of this would have been amazing :)

I haven't played it yet ( will start it after DK ) but from what I can gather to play co-op you need to different figures from a set. So, with the starter set you get Incredibles, Pirates and Monsters Inc. levels and 1 character from each ( Sully, Jack and Mr. Incredible ). To play co-op in these worlds you would have to buy another toy from each of these worlds/films, so you would need Mike, Barbosa or another member of the Incredible family.

There are 4 playsets out at the moment. You have the starter pack, Lone Ranger, Cars and Toy Story. If you buy another figure from any of these sets/films you can play with them within those levels. If you buy a figure that doesn't have a playset/level then you can only use them in toybox mode.

I hit on lucky last night. For some reason the game was only £40, despite being marked down as £59.99. The figures were also on offer as well. Some were cheap and others were buy 2 get 1 free. Finally, the Lone Ranger and Toy Story playsets were reduced from £35 to £20. I would have snapped up the Cars one as well but strangely it wasn't part of the offer. ::shrug:

And in those playlets you get two characters, that's better. £20 seems quite reasonable if the games last about 7 or 8 hours and you get two figures. But surely more than that and it becomes a bit extortionate. It actually seems pretty great to me, and I really want Nintendo to do something similar :)

I was in Argos today and noticed they had the figures on Buy 2 Get 1 Free. I buckled and got some more.

image_zpsdcfaa36d.jpg

I started the game this morning and have been on it the best part of the day. It reminds me very much of the Lego games. Stupidly easy but soooo much fun to play.

I decided to start with the POTC world first and just stuck with that all day. There's so much to do, with side missions popping up, story related ones, challenges and stuff for the Toy Box mode to find.

I think I'm near the end of the Pirates world but have held off doing what I think is the final battle. I've switched figures and I'm mopping up with Barbossa and Davey Jones as each of them have specific chests and challenges. There was also a vault that needed to be opened by all 3 characters which netted me a bunch of Toy Box stuff.

The presentation of the game is great, especially the caricature style used for the main Disney characters. Speaking of presentation, the opening of the game is stunning, with the world being created in front of you and then finally ending with...well, I won't spoil it for people yet to play it.

I'm well happy that I gave the game a chance. I've had so much fun already and I've really only scratched the surface.

Great to hear. So how much are those figures?! Are they good quality?!

Great to hear. So how much are those figures?! Are they good quality?!

Tenner a piece. Yeah, they are pretty good. They don't move or anything but the paint jobs on them are well done.

I don´t care at all for the game, but the figures are pretty nice in themselves. Pretty good quality for the price, and fun artstyle. I´m definitely not going to collect them seriously, but I´ll get a few of them. I got Anna for Christmas.

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I believe Disney are planning a sequel, but using the Marvel and/or Star Wars franchises.

I'd prefer classic Disney - Aladdin, lion king, jungle book etc

In toy box mode can you set up actual gameplay in them or is it just a world creation tool? Can you download other people's?

I've just finished getting everything in the POTC world. It took 10 hours and 30 minutes! That's only 1 of the 3 worlds done that you get with the starter set, so if the rest are the same then that's over 30 hours of content WITHOUT even touching Toy Box mode.

I think ill head off to the west now and start the Lone Ranger world.

I was raving on about this to my brother and his wife. They went out shopping today and ended up picking it up as well. :D

I'd prefer classic Disney - Aladdin, lion king, jungle book etc

In toy box mode can you set up actual gameplay in them or is it just a world creation tool? Can you download other people's?

I've just had a quick check for you and you can download a TON of levels for free and to be used in the Toy Box mode. They are levels created by random people.

I've just finished getting everything in the POTC world. It took 10 hours and 30 minutes! That's only 1 of the 3 worlds done that you get with the starter set, so if the rest are the same then that's over 30 hours of content WITHOUT even touching Toy Box mode.

I think ill head off to the west now and start the Lone Ranger world.

I was raving on about this to my brother and his wife. They went out shopping today and ended up picking it up as well. :D

I've just had a quick check for you and you can download a TON of levels for free and to be used in the Toy Box mode. They are levels created by random people.

Sounds great, I'm so tempted by this now :)

Do you know if the levels have missions and stuff or just a world to run around in?

Sounds great, I'm so tempted by this now :)

Do you know if the levels have missions and stuff or just a world to run around in?

I downloaded a couple of created levels and yeah they have missions. It's like LBP in that you get levels that are pure garbage and ones that great fun. I went in one level that looked decent enough ( Aladdins Cave of Wonders ) but didn't play well.

I had a play around in Toy Box mode as well. There's a wealth of options in here and also character specific missions. You can unlock more goodies by having a spin of the roulette. Everytime you level up or do missions you get 1 spin. You then get a list of 16 items. Press the spin button and you use one of your spins and the game will randomly land on an item for you to unlock.

There is also a place called Hall of Heroes. The first time I entered it was after I finished the POTC world and the place levelled up 6 or so levels. I have no idea what triggered it though. The place looks stunning now though.

You enter a dome structure and there are pedestals all around the outside. You need to interact with these with all the different toys and then a statue will appear on the pedestal of the character you're using. Depending on how high the level is of you character the statue will be bronze, silver or gold. Plenty to do then. :)

I finished the Lone Ranger expansion this afternoon. It took just over 6 hours. Not bad for what is essentially DLC. It was very enjoyable and made a nice change switching from sailing the oceans to galloping around on a horse.

The game started off confined to a small town but as you progress you unlock bits of train track to open up new areas. Eventually it feels like an open world game, with you having to travel between areas to complete missions.

I was struggling with a few of the timed challenges but that was because I didn't realise I could gallop/run while on Silver. Whoops. :D

My next adventure will be on the Toy Story world but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm in love with this game!!

Haha, sounds great @Hero\-of\-Time I'm well tempted by it... Tempted to buy loads on amazon now!!! :) Do you care for the figures? Ultimately you think it's decent value?!

I've just got flubit, I might flubit it and the playsets!

Haha, sounds great @Hero\-of\-Time I'm well tempted by it... Tempted to buy loads on amazon now!!! :) Do you care for the figures? Ultimately you think it's decent value?!

I've just got flubit, I might flubit it and the playsets!

I love the figures, but then i'm a Disney nut as well. If you're just interested in the game then just get the starter set and see how it goes from there. If you do like it then you can snap up the other playsets. The figures that are just used in Toy Box mode aren't worth getting unless you just want the whole set...like me. :D Although they do come with their own little challenge in Toy Box mode.

Looking around the net it seems that the weakest of the playsets are the Incredibles world and Cars world. The best ones seem to be Pirates, Toy Story and The Lone Ranger, with Monsters University falling in the middle somewhere.

I'm on the look out for Jack Skellington at a decent price. Dude is stupidly hard to find and the only place that has him in stock are Ebay or 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Apparently they were issues manufacturing him and he wasn't as mass produced as the other figures.

I love the figures, but then i'm a Disney nut as well. If you're just interested in the game then just get the starter set and see how it goes from there. If you do like it then you can snap up the other playsets. The figures that are just used in Toy Box mode aren't worth getting unless you just want the whole set...like me. :D Although they do come with their own little challenge in Toy Box mode.

Looking around the net it seems that the weakest of the playsets are the Incredibles world and Cars world. The best ones seem to be Pirates, Toy Story and The Lone Ranger, with Monsters University falling in the middle somewhere.

I'm on the look out for Jack Skellington at a decent price. Dude is stupidly hard to find and the only place that has him in stock are Ebay or 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Apparently they were issues manufacturing him and he wasn't as mass produced as the other figures.

Yeah it's a bit a shame that Lone Ranger and POTC are the best ones as they are figures I'd least like :) I love Disney too, so wouldn't mind some figures, but can't imagine getting toy box only figures, except maybe Jack Skellington, or ones I'd like th models of anyway. Though if the 3 for 2 offer stays around then could be decent. Hope I can find the same deal online.

If I was at home I'd definitely impulse buy it, me being in Paris is a little tricky as I'll need to send it from UK and then bring back more figures and such, but it wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the day I ordered it as when something gets in my head it rarely escapes...

as when something gets in my head it rarely escapes...
You will buy Retro_Link a Wii U and PS4...

They're on their way!

Okay I've decided to buy it :) I've flubit it from £37 from amazon. Going to flubit the playlets too!

They're on their way!

Okay I've decided to buy it :) I've flubit it from £37 from amazon. Going to flubit the playlets too!

Now I await the message that the game is rubbish and then get blamed for you buying it. :D

Now I await the message that the game is rubbish and then get blamed for you buying it. :D

Haha! I'm pretty easily pleased...

So Game are doing the 3 for 2 and £10 each? They're cheaper than online then so may get my mate to check Lincoln game to see what they have :) I presume the playsets aren't in the 3 for 2?

The cars playlet is under £20 on amazon by the way. I'm going to try and get all the playlets... (I told you when I get something in my head). The sidekicks pack seems decent value - £20for characters to join the starter pack characters! Though I'd prefer Davy Jones than Babosa so if they're all in the 3 for 2... Hmmm....

Haha! I'm pretty easily pleased...

So Game are doing the 3 for 2 and £10 each? They're cheaper than online then so may get my mate to check Lincoln game to see what they have :) I presume the playsets aren't in the 3 for 2?

I think GAME 3 for 2 has ended now but Argos are still doing it until 11th March. The playsets in GAME weren't part of the offer but were reduced to £19.99.

@Hero\-of\-Time One final question. I promise :) How do the playlets open up on the game, are they already on the disk, or does it download them once you activate them?!

Edited by dazzybee

Sign in to follow this