NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

Disney Infinity

Amazon/Nintendo pushing the Wii U version and trying to get a few consoles sold too :-

BSVUZTaIYAAHjTX.jpg:large

The starter pack has dropped from £52 to £47 at Amazon also.

Amazon/Nintendo pushing the Wii U version and trying to get a few consoles sold too :-

BSVUZTaIYAAHjTX.jpg:large

The starter pack has dropped from £52 to £47 at Amazon also.

How's this for ASDA's advertising... In-ter-es-ting!:

6a922d88-2985-4e6e-88ff-ba27359bd472.jpg

But the text above says they're only selling it on the PS3 and original Xbox.4

Anyway, ASDA already announced that they're not selling Wii U stuff - they're still selling Wii games. though.

If you can't read it well, it actually states:

"Supported platforms: PS3, XBox360 and Wii"

That's almost implying it's only on those platforms!

According to the fbook page for this it doesn't support the Pro controller. Annoying.

Also - toy box mode doesn't have 'goals' you can create to actually start/end games. So it's all reliant on you and your mates just verbally agreeing what the 'rules' would be. EDIT: this isn't the case.

Furthermore the Wii version (not Wii U) won't see any updates.

Was looking forward to this but the top two bits above (and the £12 price of individual figures) has put me off this. Especially when you need another figure (from its individual playset) to play co-op missions.

So that's another £36 quid just for monsters/pirates and incredibles co-op. :-/

Edited by tapedeck

So...did anyone pick this up?

I've read a few reports on the WiiU version presenting a rather large problem:

Namely that inside the Wii U package - comes the original Wii version instead! It seems that even factory staff don't know the difference between the Wii and Wii U!

Edited by tapedeck

So...did anyone pick this up?

I submitted the Amazon link to Flubit, and got an offer of £41.05 for the Wii U bundle, so yeah, I went for it :heh:

Caved in and picked it up today. GAME had NO Wii U versions saying the Wii U version wasn't shipped in great numbers.

Went to Grainger Games. They had one copy.

I had some old titles to trade in - from this the guy said that I still had £20 still to pay. Had a bit craic with him about Wii U and Nintendo in general getting a hard time.

He was a fan...so knocked the price down to £8 to pay!

Awesome :D

This will probably be a Christmas gift for my son, but I suppose I'll get a good few hours play out of it too. :p

So yeah, this is pretty special.

Definitely an 8/10 game but that added Disney element lifts it somewhat.

The music is immense.

The graphics are beautifully stylised and varied throughout each world.

Their is some slowdown moreso in co-op mode. Doesn't get unplayable though.

Toy box is boggling. Lots of stuff is unlocked as you need to 'spin' for items - but....there's a cheeky workaround been found online so I now have hundreds of spins.

All in all it's a collectors dream and I'm mesmerised at how good all of the aspects fit. From driving, fighting, platforming, steering vast pirate ships across the ocean and more....it's all solid and that Disney element brings the magic.

Just felt a bit awkward asking for a Mrs Incredible figure in GAME...

This doesn't interest me at all, just because it seems to contain only those "new" Disney characters. I'm more an old school Disney fan...

Getting too old I guess...

Cranky, Is there room left next to your rocking chair???

Loving this game at the mo :D

Went out and bought 2 packs of power cards today for it. Opened them up and both packs had the exact same cards in them FML lol.

Great little read from a toy box dev:

Evening all-

I finally got around to reading quite a few of the published reviews on Infinity. It seems the biggest complaint is you have to buy tons of additional content to be able get all of the toys for the Toy Box. I promise you, this is not the case. You can get the majority of content with the starter pack. But, you need to know where all the content is unlocked from. So, a guide-

Play all of the mastery adventures. All the foundational toys you need come from them. In particular, if you want to make your own games make sure you do Creativitoys Mastery. In tests small kids hated creativitoys so we purposely chose to postpone them showing up in the Toy Vault until the player completes Creativitoys Mastery or the player has unlocked 50 other toys. (I’m pretty sure a few of the reviewers didn’t play it and that’s why they never saw those toys. If they did they would get them quickly. Outed!)

Find all the spin capsules in the game. The vast majority of them are hidden in the starting Toy Box world. Others are hidden in adventures.

On the 360, Wii U, and PS3 make sure to get the patch. (PS3 patch should be gtg now.) Once you have the patch play the adventures. Getting medals in adventures yields spins.

Complete feats. They are basically in-game achievements. You can get a bucket load of sparks from them. Which leads me to-

There are exploits to getting sparks quickly to aid leveling. Trust me, we found a ton and we purposely didn’t remove most. Creativity deserves to be rewarded. I’m not going kiss and tell, but I will say there is a pretty good clue to one method in one of the videos I posted.

Play the play sets. Complete missions, buy items from the catalog, and scour the world for Toy Box capsules.

Be smart with your spins. Horde them and randomize the Toy Vault until multiple toys show up that you really want badly. Funny side story- my daughter figured this out and completely stopped caring about getting more toys after she got what she was after. When I asked her why her response was, “I don’t want any of that crap in my world.” (She unlocked almost everything BUT racing and creativitoys.) Ack! I’ve failed as a father.

If you do all the above the amount of extra merchandise you, “have,” to buy should hopefully be a lot less than what you want to buy, (just because those toys are so darn attractive;)

Good luck everyone!

Just throwing it out there...

You know how people could actually make a ton of money on Skylanders figurines... is there any potential to do the same here, or is in structured differently, as in toys wont retire (if that's what the Skylanders thing was?)

Just throwing it out there...

You know how people could actually make a ton of money on Skylanders figurines... is there any potential to do the same here, or is in structured differently, as in toys wont retire (if that's what the Skylanders thing was?)

If you could use the NFC with the figurine still in the packaging then: ££££

Josh nails it in his review...(one of the best reviews I've seen in a while).

I'm busy making Mario64 and Banjo levels in the toybox.

My Peach's castle from Mario64 is stunning! :love:

Check out my Lethal Lava Land remake on Infinity. Totally ran out of space toward the end (building the volcano innards was a step too far!) But enjoyed making this one. Very challenging!

I've been contemplating picking this up and with DK coming to an end and Mario Kart not hitting till May I figure I may look into this now.

I'm a little confused how it all works. So I buy the starter pack which includes Sully, Jack and Mr Incredible but how do the other figures work? Say if I bought the Jack Skellington figure, does he have his own level because he doesn't fit into any of the other sets. So I buy him, scan him and then I get a new level to play? Can I buy the figures separately or do I have to get them in double packs for the full level to unlock?

I've watched a read a few reviews but i'm still a little confused at to how it all works.

I've been contemplating picking this up and with DK coming to an end and Mario Kart not hitting till May I figure I may look into this now.

I'm a little confused how it all works. So I buy the starter pack which includes Sully, Jack and Mr Incredible but how do the other figures work? Say if I bought the Jack Skellington figure, does he have his own level because he doesn't fit into any of the other sets. So I buy him, scan him and then I get a new level to play? Can I buy the figures separately or do I have to get them in double packs for the full level to unlock?

I've watched a read a few reviews but i'm still a little confused at to how it all works.

'Worlds' are the crystals. IE: the starter pack has Pirates/Monsters/Incredibruuu worlds on the one crystal. As you can see here you can buy other sets with just one world on it (ToyStory and Cars available too)

413086468440?$yetidetail$

The characters (like Jack/Ralph etc) work in the Toybox where you can use Disks to theme the Toybox world. You can only use fuigures in adventure mode that are suited to their universe. IE: No Buzz in Pirates etc.

ToyBox is great fun though and deceptively deep. See my castle a few posts up for an idea of a barren box. But you can put in play mechanics into your toybox too.

Hope this helps! : peace:

'Worlds' are the crystals. IE: the starter pack has Pirates/Monsters/Incredibruuu worlds on the one crystal. As you can see here you can buy other sets with just one world on it (ToyStory and Cars available too)

413086468440?$yetidetail$

The characters (like Jack/Ralph etc) work in the Toybox where you can use Disks to theme the Toybox world. You can only use fuigures in adventure mode that are suited to their universe. IE: No Buzz in Pirates etc.

ToyBox is great fun though and deceptively deep. See my castle a few posts up for an idea of a barren box. But you can put in play mechanics into your toybox too.

Hope this helps! : peace:

Cheers, bud. I was hoping you would be able to shed some light on this, seeing as you seemed to have played the hell out of it and more importantly, enjoyed it.

I actually watched that review you posted last night without knowing. I was looking to see how things work and just Googled Wii U reviews and that came up.

I've rang the Metro Centre up and GAME have put one aside for me. I'll go pick it up after work. I need to trade a bunch of 360/One stuff in so I may get some playsets, depending on the credit I get. :D

Sign in to follow this