NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Iron Maiden

250px-Eddie_the_Head.jpg : peace:

EDDIE!

anyway, im surprised (and ashamed) there has not been any iron maiden threads yet. they are an absolutely stunning band and i dont think they get the respect they deserve. i have two of their albums at the moment-edward the great and virtual- admittedly not their greatest albums but their stuff is just so addictive.

the solos, the passion in their singing is brilliant.

do many of u dudes listen to them much (i know retro-lover does) post any funny pics as well

and one last thing, can any of you name an album which i have to own. i was thinking of fear of the dark as there are no songs on that disc that ive heard before (apart from that one)

thanks

Good band I have pretty much all their albums, missung a few of their newer ones, I recommand you get either piece of mind or powerslave, easily their best fear of the dark is good also.

But for a good metal band nothing gets better than megadeth.

Never really been in to them to be honest. Im not really into Heavier stuff. They Headlined the Leeds Festival last year but i didnt bother watching them, i went and saw Bloc Party instead :)

Without a doubt my favorite band ever. People don't realize how much integrity they have. Before they were signed up, people were offering them loads of money to 'cut their hair' and play a more 'punkish sound'. But they did exactly what they wanted to do. And whilst they may not be as popular as Metallica and other bands who simply change their music to make more money. They still are incredible song writers, musicians and are the best live band ever.

And now someone will come in and claim it's just 'noise' and that -insert boring emo/indie band- are better.

I was thinking about going to see them with Marilyn Manson in Ireland last year/this year (I cant remember) But then I realised I had no money, and was scared of Ireland. Shame really.

But for a good metal band nothing gets better than megadeth.

Oh no he didn't! (In all seriousness, I love Megadeth. But find there music lacking a certain character that some other bands have)

and was scared of Ireland.

I don't blame you. I hear they take anyone unable to defend themselves underground. To an Irish salt mine.

I was thinking about going to see them with Marilyn Manson in Ireland last year/this year (I cant remember) But then I realised I had no money, and was scared of Ireland. Shame really.

Irelands great no reason to be scared, I was going to go to that show, but the pile of monkey shite that is Marilyn Manson was there and there is noway Id watch him live.

Still waiting to see maiden though hopefully with a better support band though :)

I was going to go to that show, but the pile of monkey shite that is Marilyn Manson was there and there is noway Id watch him live.

I like marilyn manson... :(

I like marilyn manson... :(

each to their own, personally I cant stand him :heh:

Iron mainden are a kool band, each has a little story in it. I prefer them to matallica, but marilyn manson is crap...sorry.

Incredible band. They were the first band that got me into metal all those years back , when I first heard 'Number of the Beast' at the tender age of 12 or 13.

Since then it has been an incredible journey with some of the most influential metal albums ever released . You really need to check out the first seven studio albums and even the last two with the return of Bruce Dickinson.

I saw them way back on 16th June 2000 , at Earls Court - with the also awesome Slayer (if memory serves me correctly - I was rather stoned) in support. Needless to say ,that despite the venue (which wasn't much cop) , it was a bloody incredible night out.

I did have tickets to see them at Brixton in 2002 as part of their efforts to raise funds for Clive Burr , but I was seriously ill on the day and couldn't attend. Man , was I seriously pissed off.

got all of maidens albums presides the "live at rome" etc ones :)

fav of there albums has to be "piece of mind" as it has there best in my opinion song "flight of the icarus" :D

people that havent heard much of Maiden download "THE TROOPER" and turn it up :P

Had the honour of seeing maiden at the 2003 download festival i really hope to see them again some day

Absolutely love maiden. Prefer the older music, sung by bruce dickinson..

Saw them at leeds fest, incredible

Ha... Ha, Ha Ha... Ha Ha

you sir have no taste :heh:

*listens to megadeths verison of these boots*

Mustaine is a god :heh:

I don't really like metal from the mullet era... when Run to the Hills comes on SSX World Tour, I might hum along though.

I don't really like metal from the mullet era... when Run to the Hills comes on SSX World Tour, I might hum along though.

yeah i heard it on their and it made me go back to them, i got 100 watt hifi recently and it sounds ledgendary

i dont think i'll ever find a metal band i prefer. metallica is great, and i like guns n roses/velvet revolver are pretty tasty as well

i think its the lyrics that i love the most, "white man came across the sea,he brought us pain and misery" ---"selling them whisky and taking their gold enslaving the young and DESTROYING THE OLD!"

OH YES

then there is the riffs solos and the bass

it dooesnt get better than maiden

yeah i heard it on their and it made me go back to them, i got 100 watt hifi recently and it sounds ledgendary

i dont think i'll ever find a metal band i prefer. metallica is great, and i like guns n roses/velvet revolver are pretty tasty as well

i think its the lyrics that i love the most, "white man came across the sea,he brought us pain and misery" ---"selling them whisky and taking their gold enslaving the young and DESTROYING THE OLD!"

OH YES

then there is the riffs solos and the bass

it dooesnt get better than maiden

Haha, i can drum that song, hurts my arms though and i never keep the rythm because of the speed...

best song by them though

Love Maiden one of my most favoured bands, got a few albums and dvds.

But I disagree with the first post, I think Maiden get the respect they deserve. I think most people in the rock/metal industry know Maiden are legends, and their music is outstanding.

Love Maiden one of my most favoured bands, got a few albums and dvds.

But I disagree with the first post, I think Maiden get the respect they deserve. I think most people in the rock/metal industry know Maiden are legends, and their music is outstanding.

Agreed, i mean, they wouldn'[t be around now if they never got that respect would they.

again, awesome band

Iron Maiden are my #1 band and I'm surprised so many relatively young people still like them today. Great to see.

I've got every album. Still not seen them live though, being at uni made it impossible to pop into London. I wasn't too fond of Dance of Death so I'll aim to see them live when they do the tour for the one after, which I'll hopefully like more.

Sign in to follow this